Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Between this crap and Melbourne being locked tf down today (and being included in 'metropolitan Melbourne' despite living 108km away from the CBD), I am getting so drunk rn...

Still a sh*t ton of drunk, but of a far better variety than I was expecting! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ Thought we would get pumelled but didn't give enough credit to the fact JLo knows the opposition inside out
+ Serong BOG, we got something special here
+ Luke Ryan sensational
+ Our ressies defence were a rock
+ Thought Cerra was brilliant first half
+ Watson very solid, deserves to hold his spot
+ Schultz and Crowden contributed nicely
+ Blakely was good

- I don't mind Matera but he was ineffective today
- Fyfe clearly not 100%, hope it doesn't come back to bite us again
- I can only imagine where we could be Oon the ladder with a healthy list

Will be shadowed by the others but Watson is just a terrific footballer, not fast or agile, skills ok and ok overhead but has the all important footballer brain.

Love the guy already
Yup. I see what all the talk was about now. Can see him quickly locking a B22 spot.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like Crowden played his way back into the team.

Tabs didn't just possess iron mans gloves (ball not sticking was a huge knock on his game in his early years), but he positioned well and got a few chocolates for his efforts.

Serong, saving our bacon having this 19 year old play excellently and credibly in the midfield. Playing beyond his years and gawd, I hope that we can keep the multitude of young Victorians like him - this man will mop up the competition in 4 years.

Darcy. Talls take a long time to come on, Rucks moreso. Played an excellent game against Grundy and co, love that he also offers more around the field than Sandi was able to do.

Having Fyfe back made a noticeable difference to the rest of the team, the boys seemed to stand taller, played as a group.

Sensational effort all game, and we learned a lot about how how best lineup should be shaping when we get over some injuries.
Crowden, Blakely and Watson all surprised me with what they can offer.
Serong was special, Cerra has some terrific efforts and was surprised to see him finish with only 14 touches, he was influential. Brayshaw and Schultz had good games. Taberner showed when he has his kicking boots on, he can tear teams up.
But the one man who deserves a standing ovation is Luke Ryan, what a ******* warrior.

Blakely played 61 percent, and only in the middle. Average skills. He can find the ball, but that is all.
Matera poor.

Lobb sits under the ball too much. Needs to sit back 5m when marking.

I am not sure what bewley does, but he does run 13.5 k. Is he our defensive winger? If not, what does he do with this run.

Hughes, Watson, Wilson and Ryan were huge all game. Cerra, Brayshaw, and Serong are a great first 3 midfield.

Taberner was good. Forward pressure from Schultz, Crowden and Frederick was good.

Mundy is ageless.

That’s a bloody great effort.
Crowden.. guy comes in and knew exactly how to play the HFF role. His kick to Schulz was a nice surprise. Significant improvement, given he wasn’t making great decisions and suspect kicking. Set up 2-3 goals, with one himself.
Watson had a ripper first half. Loved his work.

Luke Ryan. What a wall. Honestly. Thats AA material right there. Just blocked every attack, and just smart with his body.

Tabs on a crab (wtf.. how good was that shirt on the TV! I want one) slowing rising in momentum and confidence. Has a swagger about him. 4 goals including 3 clutch to put Freo in a comfortable lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back