Autopsy Freo 61 - 49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah so Fyfe "Wow'd" Treloar before the start of the 4th and it's beautiful

Can somebody who's played footy explain to me what is going on here? Treloar looks like he's telling Fyfe about the $20 parmi and chips he had at the Joondalup golf resort yesterday and Fyfe could care less.

I assume footy players don't tell stories when they're trying to get into each other's heads.

Can somebody who's played footy explain to me what is going on here? Treloar looks like he's telling Fyfe about the $20 parmi and chips he had at the Joondalup golf resort yesterday and Fyfe could care less.

I assume footy players don't tell stories when they're trying to get into each other's heads.
Crowley did.

Apparently Treloar is just a really nice wholesome dude. Guy was just having a chat and Fyfe just gave zero shits

Apparently Treloar is just a really nice wholesome dude. Guy was just having a chat and Fyfe just gave zero shits
Fyfe's like - give it a few minutes mate and you're not going to be wanting a friendly chat. You better get your game face on, you're gonna need it.

It certainly can be a tactic if the opponent is known to lose focus easily especially with disarming tactics of nice friendly banter or comments on a subject that may distract. Not sure if that’s the case here but Fyfey certainly wasn’t about to fall for it if it was.

Funny clip, but I saw someone on Reddit comment that it's misleading and Fyfe was chatting away at other points in the game.

10 Luke Ryan (FRE)
8 David Mundy (FRE)
6 Caleb Serong (FRE)
3 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
2 Matt Taberner (FRE)
1 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)

unsurprisingly Ryan with the 10. Figured Fyfe would get a vote.

Great recognition for Ryan and Serong and well deserved too.

I notice the headline on the AFL site re coaches votes was all about Nic Fat getting 10 votes like it had never happened before ffs. The fawning that goes on over "stars" is sickening to say the least. Some recognition for up and comers from all teams is well overdue and a whole lot more interesting to read.

LOL that Treloar clip. I actually like him, seems like a really decent bloke but Fyfe was not having a bar. Reminds me of when you’re on the train and someone weird sits next to you and starts chatting.
might have been giving Fyfe an update on Buck's tennis game and the fall out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone who went to the game tell me if any blokes had a chat with Mayne after the game? I noticed a few years ago (2018) Ballas (?) and him basically chatted until both teams had basically reached the races. Just interested how many he would've played with from this new team.

Can anyone who went to the game tell me if any blokes had a chat with Mayne after the game? I noticed a few years ago (2018) Ballas (?) and him basically chatted until both teams had basically reached the races. Just interested how many he would've played with from this new team.
Apparently Mundy did.

wouldn't be many left who played with Mayney, would be Blakely, Hughes, Tabs, Barra and Fyfe on the weekend I think

Fyfe thinking, “ Rumbling Reggie at the Lake Gace talks less crap when he’s turfed out the door at closing “.

We all have that mate who tells boring stories but you kind of have to endure them.

(If you don't have that mate, it's probably you).

IMO Shakespeare summed it up well: "And the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin?"

Watson... when I saw him picked for his first game, I thought "Oh dear, he looks about 12". Then watching him stay calm, make himself big and force the Collingwood forward into a pocket where he handballed into the behind post... well, looks like the young bloke has some footy smarts. Was very well played.

Good
* Shultz, Crowden and Tabs did good in the forward line. One of tabs best games I would think.
* Serong playing beyond his years, worked well with Mundy
* Amazing how well the back like worked given the injuries. Ryan good and Wilson with a couple of great saves at crucial moments we haven't seen that in a while.
* Fredericks run run run

Bad
* Blakeley burning the ball in the corridor
* Fredericks disposal, that run down the wing and nothing kick to Matera was super disappointing
* Umpire choosing not to pay clear 50 m penalties in front of goal that every other team would have instantly been paid, cost Fredericks a certain goal.
* Fyfe losing the one on one out the back, a couple of other brain farts that resulted in turnovers and goals, one by foot and the other a deliberate out of bounds, as a captain and elite player needs to do better
Re Fyfe, we sat close to where his one on one with Darcy Moore happened. He looked as if he was concerned about his hammy, and one of the West's footy writers said the same. At close quarters you get to see the rough treatment dished out. If he was looking after himself by being a bit restrained instead of crashnbash, I'm happy. The team tone lifted 'cos Fyfey was on the ground, is my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back