4 Bowers
3 Miller
2 O'Sullivan
2 Cuthbertson
1 Roux
1 O'Driscoll
1 Seth
1 Pugh

Couldn't pick a couple of the defenders apart at times and the commentary didn't help identify them, so I ended up giving one each to a couple of players prob at the expense of Cuthbertson who was the stand out.

Last edited:

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
5. Bowers
4. O’Sullivan
3. Cuthbertson
2. Miller
1. Roux

Stewart unlucky. I thought she played a good inside game, and just checked the stats and after the Turbine Engine’s 15 tackles, she was one of 4 players with 6 tackles. Roux had zero. I kind of like to vote for players who go hard defensively also.
But that goal... 😳
O’Driscoll had a good game too.

Last edited:

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Same votes for me, please
5. Bowers
4. O’Sullivan
3. Cuthbertson
2. Miller
1. Roux

Stewart unlucky. I thought she played a good inside game, and just checked the stats and after the Turbine Engine’s 15 tackles, she was one of 4 players with 6 tackles. Roux had zero. I kind of like to vote for players who go hard defensively also.
But that goal...
O’Driscoll had a good game too.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chick, Bird...
ooohh... Bird has a very different colloquial connotation. Also my dad's generation. :tired: I'm not a big fan of my dad's. (personal issue of course, but I coined BYB many years ago, so now that I'm doing the Women's POTY, I'm exercising my right - that I've given to myself!! - to make the adjustment to BYC!). Wasn't directed just at you, sorry to quote you, it's just that yours was the post I noticed that used it.

So I'm throwing it out there. :)

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
ooohh... Bird has a very different colloquial connotation. Also my dad's generation. :tired: I'm not a big fan of my dad's. (personal issue of course, but I coined BYB many years ago, so now that I'm doing the Women's POTY, I'm exercising my right - that I've given to myself!! - to make the adjustment to BYC!). Wasn't directed just at you, sorry to quote you, it's just that yours was the post I noticed that used it.

So I'm throwing it out there. :)

I’m about the same age as you. ‘Chick’ was just as derogatory as I remember it. Fair enough though.

I wanted to make sure we recognised the best first year player, whoever it is, and it looked like we weren’t doing it this year. At the moment, Verrier looks the goods, but I think Hyde deserves another gig.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I’m about the same age as you. ‘Chick’ was just as derogatory as I remember it. Fair enough though.

I wanted to make sure we recognised the best first year player, whoever it is, and it looked like we weren’t doing it this year. At the moment, Verrier looks the goods, but I think Hyde deserves another gig.
‘Chick’ is something women will happily call each other these days, ‘bird’ suggests a kind of rough and older scrag (what a terrible word that is. Especially from an ardent feminist. I shall self-flagellate as soon as I finish this post...), or something my 75yo dickhead dad would say.
Even at my advanced years I sometimes call my friends ‘chickie’. It’s a term of endearment. Bird however 😖

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rd 4 v. GC

5. Bowers
4. O'Sullivan
3. Cuthbertson
4. Miller
5. Roux

Another tough one. Bowers gets the edge for top spot, but the next three could be any order, and the last spot could just as easily gone to Stewart. Cuthbertson surely gets AA this year.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
POTY Rd 4 v GCS @ Freo Oval

16 voters

1. Bowers (74 /80)
2. O’Sullivan (58)