Women's Footy Freo AFLW BF POTY 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t forget our women, amidst the excitement that the boys will soon be back.

Team of the week and AFLPA leaderboard updated in OP.

More votes welcomed from Sunday’s match. 😊

Votes are in for Rd 6 v Eagles. Interesting the player who received a perfect 10 from the coaches didn’t get our 5 votes. Were we swayed by the medal? Turbo received 4 coaches votes, yet we had her BOG. Just.
Anyway, onto it.

Votes Rd 6

12 voters - Bowers and Houghton the only two players to get votes from everyone.

5. Turbo (54 votes)
4. Houghton (50)
3. E. Antonio (24)
2. Duffy (16)
1. Roux (13)
————————————-
Miller (8)
O’Sullivan (6)
K.Antonio (4)
Haynes (3)

Updated in OP

Last edited:
Gemma voted Player of the Week for Rd 6. 💜🎆
(Can’t find the link so you’ll have to take my word for it).

Curious - 10 coaches votes, POTW, second in the derby medal, second in our votes...

Gemma voted Player of the Week for Rd 6. 💜🎆
(Can’t find the link so you’ll have to take my word for it).

Curious - 10 coaches votes, POTW, second in the derby medal, second in our votes...
She probably did deserve the medal and defs deserved the 10 votes but I get it!
My 5 went to Bowers, I just can't see Gemma getting 5 and our team both scoring 75 and conceding just 8 without Bowers, she just ran so hard all day, cleared the ball and really was the driving force of the performance (along with E Antonio who i regret not giving votes too, huge oversight)

She probably did deserve the medal and defs deserved the 10 votes but I get it!
My 5 went to Bowers, I just can't see Gemma getting 5 and our team both scoring 75 and conceding just 8 without Bowers, she just ran so hard all day, cleared the ball and really was the driving force of the performance (along with E Antonio who i regret not giving votes too, huge oversight)
Absolutely fair call. I gave them 4 each (no 5s - I needed to spread the love to a few others too), and then 3 to Ebony. All three were outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Turbo
2. Duffy (not just for the goals but she worked hard up the ground too)
2. Miller
1. Stewart
1. Cain
1. Strom
1. Seth
1. Pugh
1. Cuthbertson

Miller does what Miller does. Same with Cain. Jaz’s two goals were immense in the context of the game and she also set up a few. Strom’s best game this year, and the whole backline was immense. Even in the disastrous first quarter, Pugh just kept pumping it back out, then Seth (my second bubba) took over while Cuthbo took some important intercepts and set up some good plays from the backline.
Turbo needs no words.

Last edited:
5/ Miller
4/ Bowers
3/ Stewart
2/ Duffy
1/ Pugh

Could go on about all of them all day and missed so many here that deserved votes but i'm just going to go with my gut and give my votes to who i believe deserves the recognition, Miller was incredible all game, so many momentum inspiring acts and though she didn't rack up bowers numbers she turned the game on its head multiple times so she gets the chocolates from me!

Could go on about all of them all day and missed so many here that deserved votes ....
[/QUOTE]
All true...with a nod to Gemma who battled all day and goal assisted the Duffy goals as well as nailing the winner.
5 votes for Trent Coopers game day leadership! Masterful.

Last edited:
Vote for Turbo - Player of the Round

Also - TOTW updated in OP

Last edited:
Oh, yeah: Strom also unlucky to miss out. Her follow-up and around the ground work is getting more impressive by the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back