Autopsy Freo beat Sydney plus 3 - Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

You just can’t say enough about Luke Ryan. He has everything, tough, disciplined, skilled, plays tall and small, reads the play, makes those around him better. How could recruiters have missed him for a couple of years?
Sometimes it can take a little bit of maturing to get to the level. Not everyone's ready at 18yo (or sometimes even 19/20/21 etc), which definitely doesn't mean you can't be a seriously good player or even elite when it clicks.

I want the club to come out and call the umps out.
The push in the back on Lobb was crazy
Henry running to far ffs
Buddy juggling
All 3 were a joke
If Belly has any balls he would ask for a serious explanation.

And the non out of bounds call in the Sydney forward line that lead directly to a goal for them. The pushing in the back is clearly a team tactic of Sydney's and considering the reward they get for it why not.

dermott hates the swans, he basically pumped us up all game talking about the freekicks we should have got and how Fyfe is a gun.

i enjoyed it and i normally think he is obnoxiously bad

Dermott

Is

Soooo

Slow

That it's a minor miracle if he gets his pearls of wisdom out by the end of the quarter. Plus he is often talking about something that happened a minute or two previously. The biggest pain in the backside on any commentary team ever.

You just can’t say enough about Luke Ryan. He has everything, tough, disciplined, skilled, plays tall and small, reads the play, makes those around him better. How could recruiters have missed him for a couple of years?

Throw in he had to work monday-friday being a carpenter for a few years after leaving school he probably also appreciates how lucky he is being an AFL player. And is no leaving no stone unturned now he has made it at the level.

Its a great story.

Throw in he had to work monday-friday being a carpenter for a few years after leaving school he probably also appreciates how lucky he is being an AFL player. And is no leaving no stone unturned now he has made it at the level.

Its a great story.
That's why I think we should be looking for the next Luke Ryan in the mid season draft.

Great to see a bit more grunt and fight out there. An angry Fyfe, Ryan, Treacy, Switta. Always got to be good enough so that the inevitable 3-4 umpiring howlers don't cost us the game. Fyfe was a beast and the difference when it counted.

Lobb and Darcy were great, our small forwards much better in intensity and pressure, Switta, Shultz and Crowden all good. Walters looked in a different mind frame in the centre.

Logue battled through, a couple of bullshit decisions went against him. Cox was great - always seems much better with his mate Ryan in the side but you could say the whole team looks better with Lukey in there.

Thought Acres, Aish and Watson were off. Much of their disposal was rubbish. Still lots of frustration with the I50 dominance and inaccurate kicking but I'd still rather an inaccurate win than an accurate loss.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just won the one quarter - the third truly is the Premiership window isn't it?

And that 4th quarter was made of moments.

Two touches over the line by Ryan.
Two key ball wins from Cerra.
Two defining goals from a bloke who hasn't kicked and one who can't kick.
One massive tackle from Crowden.

We were down in the last play though, if Papley(?) kicked short he had two options just inside 50 but he went to the goalsquare. Knowing their accuracy last night it could have been a heartbreaker and we'd all know deep down the umpires would have got them over the line.

Thankfully it was sent to the smash brothers.

My favourite moment was when Buddy marked almost right on 50, pointed to a spot 45 out and the ump came in and marked it where Buddy wanted it.

I got the feeling we might see a few more buddy centric calls later that night.
It’s good to see nothing’s changed from the 2013 grand final with that, when McPharlin got a 50 paid against him for manning the mark where Buddy actually took it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back