Autopsy Freo Belt North But Didn’t Score 100, Time to Rebuild - Rd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at that game! I was right behind that matera goal from the pocket. That was a fun day
|yep we were there too. Really enjoyed the game and going to the National War Memorial for the ANZAC service was a a real highlight. That said I think the Service at Monument Hill in Freo is as good as it gets.

I am actually a big cheerleader for North's youf. I would take theirs over most of the other teams in the bottom 6.

They just have yet to fully cut all the s**t they accumulated trying to hang on the last few years, and their senior players with the exception of Cunners and Goldy are worse than the above named teams.

I am actually a big cheerleader for North's youf. I would take theirs over most of the other teams in the bottom 6.

They just have yet to fully cut all the sh*t they accumulated trying to hang on the last few years, and their senior players with the exception of Cunners and Goldy are worse than the above named teams.
I don't mind the talent they have but I question whether they have the leadership from senior players for those young players to develop properly like ours have. I thought Bailey Scott looked amazing in Rd 1 last year (he got the RS nom that round) but it seems he has gone backwards. That's probably not a great sign. Carlton are the same - plenty of talent on the list but their development seems awful.

This is intended to be inflammatory and is in jest.

If you've just seen your team smashed by almost 100 points then it's going to be hard to get up emotionally for your other team winning by less than the same margin.

The harbour masters just had a 148 point winning weekend.

You really are the. Oops I lost my train of thought.

Was it hot/humid over there last night?
30 + degrees plus a bit of humidity and dew might explain why all the players looked wringing wet even though there was no rain?

Yes mate there was weather around. It’s a weird thing when you step outside your basement.

Let me join the chorus of people doubting Schultz and being proven wrong. He just keeps getting better. Now have no idea what his ceiling is because he's already past where I thought it was...
have to say as someone who has been firmly in Schultz corner the whole time, it's rather satisfying seeing everyone come around! Welcome, I promise you won't be disappointed :cool:

Yes mate there was weather around. It’s a weird thing when you step outside your basement.
Weather is a bit different here in Canberra at the moment, and I hadn't heard what the forecast was at the time of the game. Thanks so much for your helpful and informative response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he get anything for it? Can't see anything on the AFL site.

Was worth a fine at least surely? Blatant round arm to an unprotected player. Deliberate and cowardly.

Did he get anything for it? Can't see anything on the AFL site.

Was worth a fine at least surely? Blatant round arm to an unprotected player. Deliberate and cowardly.

Fine only unfortunately.

Personally I’d rather see deliberate actions such as this one punished more than accidental/slightly careless actions that has worse results.

Dangerfield got three weeks for a mistimed bump. Simpkin gets a slap on the wrist for a blatant strike. Absolute bs imo.

Our midfield is doing a good job, yes, this week will be a challenge but I don’t see any reason to take one of our mids out to put Crowden in to tag. Just win the ball by playing “both sides of the footy”. We’ve got the class in there with Brayshaw, Serong and a dual Brownlow medalist in Fyfe, why go all defensive?

Once Kelly, Gaff or Sheed leave the stoppage, by all means lock down on them with someone else if their endurance is a problem for us, but I don’t see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back