Review Freo bully the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win on the road, sucks that Carlton got a few goals late but overall great effort and explosiveness in the first half to ice the rest of the game.

Giro was really impressive. He fired out some bullet like handballs and kicks very quickly and they always hit their mark. Can't help but feel that he would have been much more highly rated if he was 3-4 inches taller. Much like Lachie Neale. Think we got a bargain there.

well that was pretty good.

links up shortly

Though Giro stepped up a notch this game - worked hard and his kicking was a lot more accurate than I've ever seen.

Hamling had a great game with some awesome marks.

Our midfield trounced theirs. Brayshaw's tackling was impressive.

Apeness was very useful.

Can't complain too much. Would have been really pleased with a win by any margin on the road just to build confidence in the young blokes. First half was simply outstanding. Tired a bit in the second and gave up some soft goals, missed a few easy opportunities. But overall really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game of two halves really; some of the disappointments in the second don't outweigh the awesomeness of the first.

+
- Looked at the stats sheet and was surprised Apeness didn't have better numbers; thought he was excellent - groundwork a particular highlight.
- Neale's best game for quite a while; he's been getting plenty of it, but he's looked a bit off prior to this week.
- Once he puts some meat on his bones, Giro is going to be something particularly special.
- Apart from a couple of really rough kicks, Brayshaw should at least be in with a sniff for the rising star nom.
- Sheridan as a forward continues to grow on me.
- Fyfe and Sandi playing like blokes coming off boring holidays who are keen to get back to work.

-
- Not turning the game into the equivalent of a public execution. Was still good to see the younger guys going close to full tilt through to the end though.
- Hilly continues to look a bit off the pace.

I'm actually livid at the people that were so angry at our second half.
1) bye next week
2) ran ourselves ragged in the first half playing brilliant football
3) game was over
4) they had stupid numbers behind the ball at times
5) missed some easy shots that could have told an diff story.
6) 6 day break on the road

If you can't be happy after that game it must be tough being a supporter

Great game. Like seeing different youngsters step up every game. Thought Giro's disposal was excellent and Nyhuis showed a bit on the defensive side.

I'm actually livid at the people that were so angry at our second half.
1) bye next week
2) ran ourselves ragged in the first half playing brilliant football
3) game was over
4) they had stupid numbers behind the ball at times
5) missed some easy shots that could have told an diff story.
6) 6 day break on the road

If you can't be happy after that game it must be tough being a supporter

Amen

"Yes, the dockers were wonderful, now just a game outside the eight and look like they could feature in September. We'll touch on them shortly, but the big story, of course, is the Carlton Football Club"... :mad::mad::mad:
Yeah what’s with that?

“Club that has been awful for almost 2 decades is still awful”

Huge story, that.

Tad disappointed with the 2nd half but was expecting it. Young team and all that.

The thing that struck me was the difference having a couple of decent marking targets up forward makes. Both Apeness and Cox clunked some good grabs and when you add Tabs there is the forward line future.

Praise be that was good. Imagine what we would have on our hands with Apeness now if he had managed to get on the park the past couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back