FREO CAN RELAX TOMMOROW if Blues lose 2night?

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_fanatic

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
bayswater
AFL Club
Melbourne
Freo no need to risk Pav tommorow if Blues lose correct?? all they will need is to defeat Melbourne.... Even now if Blues win tonight.. Freo will only have to defeat the dees by a few goals to make it given blues aren't going to get the expected percentage boost...

should i put a lot on North at skinny odds of 1.40 now that it isn't make or break for freo and PAV likely be rested>

Freo no need to risk Pav tommorow if Blues lose correct?? all they will need is to defeat Melbourne.... Even now if Blues win tonight.. Freo will only have to defeat the dees by a few goals to make it given blues aren't going to get the expected percentage boost...

should i put a lot on North at skinny odds of 1.40 now that it isn't make or break for freo and PAV likely be rested>

Yep, thats it

Whilst I'm rapt Freo is almost definitely in the finals, its a shame this did not go down to the wire and that Carlton gave up. Congratulations GoldCoast.

Freo will have a fare crack but ultimately will know in the back of their minds that a finals birth is already virtually guaranteed. If Pavlich is a late withdrawal then their intentions for the game will be well and truly clear.

I'd be thinking they'd want to win even more now, so that they could rest half the team v Melbourne without risk and be fresh for finals.

Freo go in half arse tomorrow what happened tonight to Carlton could happen to them next week.....

I cant help but think that there was a huge mental build up for freo, and now its kind of like there is a leak in the balloon, and they wont be 100% on for the game against the Roos. However as has been mentioned, huge risk the dees could upset them, its not uncommon for lowly ranked teams to cause last round upsets playing without pressure.
Luckily this is Melbourne we are talking about, and they will be eyeing the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be very, very surprised if Pav plays tomorrow now.

Not to say we'll go in with a half-arsed attitude, but we'd be foolish to play our most important player when he's been under an injury cloud the last couple of weeks.

People saying not to flirt with form, blah, blah, blah. Are you forgetting that a couple of years ago, Freo rested half their side against Hawthorn in Tassie, got belted then returned the favour in the first week of finals against Hawthorn again?

I'll be very, very surprised if Pav plays tomorrow now.

Not to say we'll go in with a half-arsed attitude, but we'd be foolish to play our most important player when he's been under an injury cloud the last couple of weeks.

Freo's already gone out of their way to flag Pav as doubtful, so their options are open depending how he looks today. Up to them, and I think and hope North will win either way, but I doubt they'd drop it deliberately after building up form and confidence.

Great opportunity to rest Pav, Crowley get a game into Zac Clarke imo. Still want the win but not at the cost of Pav / Crowley not being right for September. We should go hard at the Roos with a fully fit squad then do the same vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back