Review Freo d Richmond by 4pts

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was so cringeworthy and very faux tough guy. Cotchin is a good player but he's got nothing on Fyfe.

That's it, that's the word I was looking for the other day. Text book version of it I thought.

And yes agree, a good player and in very good form too - but the rest was just weak rubbish.

he's been very good but after watching game again, ill stand by it, should be rested before finals and used as a last resort (think thats what were doing).

Commits to everything (which is good, and LOOKS good as a supporter) but will backfire big time finals(or when we played Hawthorn). MacFizzle hardly goes for the intercept marks or commits to it (god knows he can mark the thing)

Just my opinion but i think he's prob our biggest liability come finals

was pure luck Gunstand didn't kick more goals, he handed a few off and basically schooled him, i watch every game twice even the bad ones. Our defence choked that week and he was a big part of it
If the defence choked how would you describe the midfield performance. Hawthorn smashed you guys in the midfield - of course the defence is going to be under pressure with that kind of supply.

I know you (and all other Freo supporters) don't care, just stating a fact. Anyway, winners are grinners and you got the 4 points. Umpiring aside, if we'd have kicked just half decently for goal, we win, as they say, poor kicking is poor football. Good luck for the rest of the season.

If we had of kicked straight we would have won by more.

In regards to Frees, Deledio also got that 'mark' which only travelled about 8m, plus was spoiled by McPharlin (which he converted). If you add that to the 5 other frees in their 50, we are even.

Frees. Richmond 24. Fremantle 18. But get one free that opposition fans think wasn't there and they've been robbed.

I'll always remember a Adelaide v Fitzroy game where for 3 and 3/4 of the game the roys were well and truly shafted by the umps. Then two dubious frees in the last 30 seconds saw Fitzroy pull of an unlikely win by less than a goal. Adelaide fans went spare and the focus was on those two frees not the shafting Fitzroy copped the rest of the game.

Very little changes.

Frees. Richmond 24. Fremantle 18. But get one free that opposition fans think wasn't there and they've been robbed.

I'll always remember a Adelaide v Fitzroy game where for 3 and 3/4 of the game the roys were well and truly shafted by the umps. Then two dubious frees in the last 30 seconds saw Fitzroy pull of an unlikely win by less than a goal. Adelaide fans went spare and the focus was on those two frees not the shafting Fitzroy copped the rest of the game.

Very little changes.
So much this.

Very little changes.

Have to admit to being caught up in the emotion of the game on occassions and felt we were robbed when the figures didn't support my view.

In the Freo Richmond game it was clear that it was over officiated and has been acknowledged by the Umpiring Dept - the umpiring was simply sh1t for both teams.

Our last two games have mirrored what's been happening on the training track. Lots of energy and enthusiasm on display but unfortunately lots of poor decisions and poor skill execution also on display. During the match sim on Friday there were a couple of classics.
1. Kick in - Sutcliffe ( I think) short 30m down the middle, kick over the head of target, direct to opposition, goal.
2. Repeat kick in - short, wide into pocket, short to Walters on boundary 50m arc, centreing ball short to CHB lands behind team mate but direct to a cluster of opponents. Goal.
Ross has a fit and all move on to the next exercise.

You also got some very dubious frees. Maric got 2 soft goals from free kicks, Lennon got a goal from a free and Cotchin missed a sitter from 30m out from a free kick. Fyfe also got smashed in the goalsquare which was a clear push in the back but not called. Honestly, open both eyes.

Actually the ones that annoyed me the most out of the random acts of umpiring were not called - the blatant push by Riewoldt on Ibbo just before the snap goal and the kick that went about 9 metres and was paid when it clearly was not not far enough. Clancee getting a 50 m penalty against him was probably the most stupid actual free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross on PR:
- effort good, method s**t
- good number of tackles, tiger pressure good
- heavier training phase in longer weeks but we were fresh
- plenty of opportunity early but didn't capitalise
- Pav in good touch
- Clancee - subluxation, will be in the mix next week
- sandi-Griff - work in progress, keen to keep working on it
- gWS good team, we'll just keep looking to improve our footy.
- Johnson back round 19-20
- 50% issue is ball use, not competitive effort and defence
- turning ball over willy-nilly
- encroaching on the mark by Hawks - Interpretation needs clarifying

Ross still grumpy.

To be fair, Langdon brought it up. But it's about time infringements get called if they are there.
Perhaps the media are already onto. If there are any WA journos worth their salt, they should be making some noise with us and weagles one and two.

If I am right I thought D. Pearce was playing further up the ground in the Ballas sort of role when he was missing his chances. Later in the game it seemed to be more Crozier in that role and obviously if so it worked better. D. Pearce is having his best season for us but is still nervous often in front of goal. Hill has been playing off the HB line - maybe put Pearce back there, Hill further forward and Crozier on the end of them/off the HF line.

Be interesting to see how we structure it this week given lessons learnt against the Tiges.

"...the absolute rort (but expected) job from the umpires..."

You're kidding right? They gave you 4 direct goals that would be play-on every day of the week, the most ticky-touch frees you will ever see in the forward line. Mind-boggling comment. You are right though, it was an umpiring rort in Freo's favour. Our bad kicking for goal coupled with the disgraceful maggot umps got you the win.
YOU%2BMAD%2BARE%2BYOU%2BMAD%2BBRO_169d22_2516453.gif
YOU%2BMAD%2BARE%2BYOU%2BMAD%2BBRO_169d22_2516453.gif

Gotta say loved Pav's first goal - crumbed it from the tap-out, weaved through the pack and put it on the side of the boot.

Hope Ballantyne was taking note at home.

"...the absolute rort (but expected) job from the umpires..."

You're kidding right? They gave you 4 direct goals that would be play-on every day of the week, the most ticky-touch frees you will ever see in the forward line. Mind-boggling comment. You are right though, it was an umpiring rort in Freo's favour. Our bad kicking for goal coupled with the disgraceful maggot umps got you the win.
Haha we won. You lost. EAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back