Autopsy Freo defeated by West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

OK we lost the first quarter and then we kept pace with the Eagles for the rest of the game BIG F**King deal .
Oh Yes Blame the UMPIRING they shaft us every week. BULL SH*T. You will always get a couple of bad calls .There's not a game of footy that it doesn't happen to both sides .
We have too many players that are poor tacklers .We were out coached and we had no real game plan to stop the West Coast Eagles . We did what we have always done BOMB the ball into the forward line and hope that someone on our team has grown 60 cm taller and has GO GADGET ARMS . I'm seriously over all the CRAP guys and girls , ITS TIME to call a spade a spade .
RTB and his assistants dropped the ball in planning and coaching for this game .
Simpson set up his defence knowing full well what to expect .We BOMB the ball under pressure we fumble under pressure and we don't lower the vision or run past to receive a hand pass .We don't run and spread at stoppages We don't kick the ball into space for our fleet footed players to run onto it and create overlap . We give our opponent 10 to 20 meters of space in which under little or no pressure he can find a team mate in space to intern hit up a forward . We don't defend the goal side of stoppages in the forward 50 .WE DON"T SHEPHERD FOR OUR TEAM MATES.
In previous years we knew that we didn't have to man up Shuey ,we tagged GAFF why because his outside run was and is more dangerous . So WTF were we doing having Blakely running with Shuey . WC setup with a 7 man defence and midfielders running hard to fill the gaps in defence and when they had the ball sprinting into the forward line .Did we respond NOT F**KING ONCE. When we went forward and kicked it high and long and the WC backs didn't all fly they let one or 2 fly the rest waited for the crumbs then they ran and spread while our forwards were all trying to pick themselves up off the ground .What happened when WC went forward their back line pushed up to the HB line and stood with 4 of them in a row with another 2 players at the top of the 50 metre arc .Not our defensive arc, theirs ready for the inevitable big kick from our backmen up the ground down the wing and straight down the throat of Mcgoven and co .

OK we lost the first quarter and then we kept pace with the Eagles for the rest of the game BIG F**King deal .
Oh Yes Blame the UMPIRING they shaft us every week. BULL SH*T. You will always get a couple of bad calls .There's not a game of footy that it doesn't happen to both sides .
We have too many players that are poor tacklers .We were out coached and we had no real game plan to stop the West Coast Eagles . We did what we have always done BOMB the ball into the forward line and hope that someone on our team has grown 60 cm taller and has GO GADGET ARMS . I'm seriously over all the CRAP guys and girls , ITS TIME to call a spade a spade .
RTB and his assistants dropped the ball in planning and coaching for this game .
Simpson set up his defence knowing full well what to expect .We BOMB the ball under pressure we fumble under pressure and we don't lower the vision or run past to receive a hand pass .We don't run and spread at stoppages We don't kick the ball into space for our fleet footed players to run onto it and create overlap . We give our opponent 10 to 20 meters of space in which under little or no pressure he can find a team mate in space to intern hit up a forward . We don't defend the goal side of stoppages in the forward 50 .WE DON"T SHEPHERD FOR OUR TEAM MATES.
In previous years we knew that we didn't have to man up Shuey ,we tagged GAFF why because his outside run was and is more dangerous . So WTF were we doing having Blakely running with Shuey . WC setup with a 7 man defence and midfielders running hard to fill the gaps in defence and when they had the ball sprinting into the forward line .Did we respond NOT F**KING ONCE. When we went forward and kicked it high and long and the WC backs didn't all fly they let one or 2 fly the rest waited for the crumbs then they ran and spread while our forwards were all trying to pick themselves up off the ground .What happened when WC went forward their back line pushed up to the HB line and stood with 4 of them in a row with another 2 players at the top of the 50 metre arc .Not our defensive arc, theirs ready for the inevitable big kick from our backmen up the ground down the wing and straight down the throat of Mcgoven and co .
Speak the word, brother.

For those interested... Surprised a bit by Kersten's rating - possibly metres gained? I do remember him helping transition the ball a bit.

C-lVViyUMAAqOJQ.jpg

Ross in the west acknowledged that a number of the kids got a football lesson from West Coast and that the coaches made decision's on player positions so that they could gain lessons on how the better players impact the game . He also made the point that he didn't hide the kids . What he also acknowledged was that West Coast set up their defence in a way to stop us scoring . What I'm most disappointed about is that he and our assistant coaches saw the faults in our forward entries and didn't seem to respond until the game was already lost .
I am glad that he switched Logue on to Kennedy and Sheridan onto LeCras but both moves were too late ,the damage was already done . Ive no idea why he put Blakely to Shuey instead of Gaff . RTB talked about WC and their effective forward line but gave no answers on how we could should have responded .

Ross in the west acknowledged that a number of the kids got a football lesson from West Coast and that the coaches made decision's on player positions so that they could gain lessons on how the better players impact the game . He also made the point that he didn't hide the kids . What he also acknowledged was that West Coast set up their defence in a way to stop us scoring . What I'm most disappointed about is that he and our assistant coaches saw the faults in our forward entries and didn't seem to respond until the game was already lost .
I am glad that he switched Logue on to Kennedy and Sheridan onto LeCras but both moves were too late ,the damage was already done . Ive no idea why he put Blakely to Shuey instead of Gaff . RTB talked about WC and their effective forward line but gave no answers on how we could should have responded .
You really think he wanted to win? If so Kennedy would not have been left one out all day. Hawks double teamed him very effectively.

This was a workshop.

Talk about sherriden on lecras. That kick to lecras still linger in my mind . Sherriden the first round pick in his draft ahead of crozier, b.hill,kersten , hamling and opposition yeo. He is pretty vanilla.

I think in the end, like all RTB teams, if the top end talent (Fyfe, Mundy, Hill B) are poor, the rest the of the team is horribly exposed.
Guys like Ibbo, Spurr, Grey, Crozier, Sheridan arent good football players (reminds me of Z Clarke, Mzungo, De Boar, Pearce(s)), they are just hidden by the top end talent, they drag them up. This is the case in a lot of teams, however it is more prevalent in RTB teams.

I think in the end, like all RTB teams, if the top end talent (Fyfe, Mundy, Hill B) are poor, the rest the of the team is horribly exposed.
Guys like Ibbo, Spurr, Grey, Crozier, Sheridan arent good football players (reminds me of Z Clarke, Mzungo, De Boar, Pearce(s)), they are just hidden by the top end talent, they drag them up. This is the case in a lot of teams, however it is more prevalent in RTB teams.

A bit harsh on Brady there mate considering he has played ~5 games of AFL. There are many others you could have named instead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow you are pretty wrong on grey who not yet reach 10 games of AfL. Just check north game who swing the momentum ( grey) in last quarter . One assist and one goal .

You really think he wanted to win? If so Kennedy would not have been left one out all day. Hawks double teamed him very effectively.

This was a workshop.
are we back to this again now? Everything RTB does is for a reason? Like in 2015 we were foxing and saving the real game plan for finals?
Or are you kidding? its hard to tell these days.

We played the youngsters , Pearce,Dawson etc are gone . Its what every one wanted . The kids were thrown in the deep end on a learning curve ,Logue,3 games on a champ in Kennedy for e.g. and we lose , what did you all expect. I hate losing as much as the next supporter but we all need to be realistic . WC are a finals side and at the minute we aren't. This bullshit about why didn't the coaches make moves is well , :rolleyes:bullshit. The moves where made 4 weeks ago . Some of you want your cake and eat it to. You want the kids in then expect a topsy turvy form line.

are we back to this again now? Everything RTB does is for a reason? Like in 2015 we were foxing and saving the real game plan for finals?
Or are you kidding? its hard to tell these days.
I'm saying in the scheme of a four year rebuild this result is not that important. There were moves that could have been made to limit the damage but that would not include putting Griffin Logue one out on Kennedy, or playing Ibbo in the forward line. We are not going to challenge this year, so I'm happy to see games pumped into the young guys.

Alternatively... what salim malik said ;)

I think it's mostly the crowd. The graph I posted earlier shows that the clubs with the worst home free kick record are the ones with the smallest crowds. West Coast play every home game in a full Subiaco and their fans are notorious for their constant booing. It has to have an effect on the umpires.

End of the day if you feel the free kick count had an impact, still doesn't change the fact that we were harder at the ball. Take away 10 of our free kicks wouldn't make a difference, it's a joke that this is still a talking matter. Its not like we get a goal for every free kick that's awarded? Your boys were still outplayed, maybe focus more on you kicking efficiency into your 50 not free kicks that were awarded...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back