Autopsy Freo Down Hawks by 15 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

We still need to beat them in Tasmania.

Then, only then, a Jedi will you be.
We need to beat the Eagles, Carlton, Gold Coast at Carrara* and Hawthorn in Tasmania. To bad we don't have the gold coast chance this year. We do has Hawks in Tas, 2 more Eagles Encounters and a Home Carlton Game though.

Not sure what kind of ears or speakers people have, because I am 100% sure he said "thud", but still pretty funny.

He said "thunk" but it did sound a lot like a profanity live.

If this isn't the greatest comment from a Hawthorn supporter regarding the game, I don't know what is! Lol

"If I got a dollar for every time Mitchell did a useless handball, I'd be able to pay for his hair regrowth procedure!"

I've actually only watched the second quarter (blegh) and will treat myself to the rest of the game tonight.

Just off the surface though we had so many players with limited game time out there:

Josh Traecy - 1
Heath Chapman - 3
Sam Sturt - 4
Lloyd Meek - 4
Tobe Watson - 5

That's 5 out of 22 players with 5 games or less.

Frederick has played 13 and Serong has played 18.

Three quarters of the lost under 100 games.

We are an extremely young, inexperienced side so the way we responded yesterday was phenomenal. The away performances will start improving also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this isn't the greatest comment from a Hawthorn supporter regarding the game, I don't know what is! Lol

"If I got a dollar for every time Mitchell did a useless handball, I'd be able to pay for his hair regrowth procedure!"
Ha. And I think Square Peg nailed it with this gem in his pre-game brilliance:

"Tom Mitchell Mid Strength. You can drink forty of these on a good day and still not notice that it’s had any impact. Bland in every regard."

Dead on. Reminds me of a Cascade Premium Light when you wonder why you didn't just have a coke. My Sunday would have been more productive if I'd had 9 Tom Mitchells on Sat night instead of the beer and spirit mix I consumed.

I always forget he won a brownlow.

i think wilsons toughness is underrated. never afraid to back into a pack. he isn't the best tackler but most players built like him aren't.
He puts his body on the line all the time, he is just built in such a way that he pays a price for it almost every time.

JLo has won more games against the Hawks in two attempts than Ross had in all attempts during his time as coach.😳

It would be fair to say this Hawks side is a mere shadow of the Hawks side during Lyon's time at Freo - all the same well done to JLo and we all love beating them regardless.

Huge massive positives including that a bunch of players are theoretically back available for selection this week.

Only a few negatives which are goal-kicking (mostly N Fyfe). He is a brilliant mid but as a forward he needs more work and not just because of his goal kicking. Michael Walters looks badly out of form. Hughes made a few blunders.

Thats it. Good win. Let's keep rolling.

A lot to like about that game. Some beautiful quick ball movement in the first quarter before Hawthorn realised the game had started. Then to absorb the physical (& scoreboard) pressure & reassert control over the game was pleasing.

The back 6 isn't quite working properly and with the cohesion it had last year but they are still mostly doing the job. Conca was great, Chapman looks a real prospect. The rest of them are just sort of getting by without quite hitting top gear.

Midfield balance was much better with Fyfe & Mundy taking the senior roles and Walters floating through. Brayshaw showed great character, Serong is a jet and I thought Cerra was tough and won some really crucial ball at times. Acres was very good according to some, I'm not a fan but thought he was ok at least and I thought Aish was ok too without being great.

Forward line was obviosly the biggest plus, Treacy really straightened us up and allowed Tabs to play closer to goal where he's much more effective. Darcy was terrific. Sturt didn't get much of it but the chemistry of him the other taller guys worked really well.
Colyer was very very good at critical times & I don't think I've ever thought that before. Freddy did some stuff that makes you wonder just how good he's going to be. His ceiling is huge.

More than anything we need Lobb back, Logue in and for the team to get some continuity with personnel and develop some chemistry. The pieces are all falling into place. Tabs, Lobb, Treacy, Sturt, Walters, Freddy plus Crowden, Switta, Shultz or some combination thereof is potentially a very potent forward mix.

A lot to like about that game. Some beautiful quick ball movement in the first quarter before Hawthorn realised the game had started. Then to absorb the physical (& scoreboard) pressure & reassert control over the game was pleasing.

The back 6 isn't quite working properly and with the cohesion it had last year but they are still mostly doing the job. Conca was great, Chapman looks a real prospect. The rest of them are just sort of getting by without quite hitting top gear.

Midfield balance was much better with Fyfe & Mundy taking the senior roles and Walters floating through. Brayshaw showed great character, Serong is a jet and I thought Cerra was tough and won some really crucial ball at times. Acres was very good according to some, I'm not a fan but thought he was ok at least and I thought Aish was ok too without being great.

Forward line was obviosly the biggest plus, Treacy really straightened us up and allowed Tabs to play closer to goal where he's much more effective. Darcy was terrific. Sturt didn't get much of it but the chemistry of him the other taller guys worked really well.
Colyer was very very good at critical times & I don't think I've ever thought that before. Freddy did some stuff that makes you wonder just how good he's going to be. His ceiling is huge.

More than anything we need Lobb back, Logue in and for the team to get some continuity with personnel and develop some chemistry. The pieces are all falling into place. Tabs, Lobb, Treacy, Sturt, Walters, Freddy plus Crowden, Switta, Shultz or some combination thereof is potentially a very potent forward mix.
I really think we need that extra big body in the mid field. Darcy Tucker has both that defence and attack mindset and he would release Walters to play full time in the forward half as well as giving Barra a chop out. Just hope he can stay on the park when he gets there.

I really think we need that extra big body in the mid field. Darcy Tucker has both that defence and attack mindset and he would release Walters to play full time in the forward half as well as giving Barra a chop out. Just hope he can stay on the park when he gets there.
Yeah Tucker getting up and going will be a real boost for our midfield.

Huge massive positives including that a bunch of players are theoretically back available for selection this week.

Only a few negatives which are goal-kicking (mostly N Fyfe). He is a brilliant mid but as a forward he needs more work and not just because of his goal kicking. Michael Walters looks badly out of form. Hughes made a few blunders.

Thats it. Good win. Let's keep rolling.

Hughes is a player who is hard at the ball which is awesome but if you look at a body of his work he is constantly making bad decisions and putting his team under pressure all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back