Review Freo downs Pie, 6-5 before Bye

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of course it did. We won by less than a goal.

That said there were many other things that impacted the outcome, but specifically they are talking about this because the technology exists to eliminate these kind of errors and they just didn't use it, apparently because they couldn't be bothered.
I agree. It is a big error and seems tangible to the result.

Having said that, as far as I am aware, nobody can predict the outcomes in alternate universes and there was a fair bit of water to go under the bridge at the time. For all anyone knows, if it is given a point we kick the next 12 goals and win by 80. If it was the last goal to win then fair enough. Otherwise, move on.

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
Thank **** for that! Hopefully nothing serious then but the footage of his leg was weird.
I noticed at 1/4 time that he was on the ground next to the huddle having that area looked at by a physio Scham. When we went down I immediately thought a fracture or something 🙏

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are the masters of a last minute victory at the G.

All of our past 4 wins in the last 7 games we have played there. We have won by under a goal and in each of those wins we have kicked a goal to hit the front to win the game in the last 2 mins.

Mundy - 2015 vs richmond - 31 secs to go
McCarthy - 2017 vs Melbourne- 1min 40
Mundy - 2017 vs richmond - after the siren
Today walters with 27 seconds to go.

The most pleasing thing is we are running out games as well as anyone. So proves we are very fit and despite still having a handful of kids in there we can go to the wire.

sansian

All Australian
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Beverley Redbacks
What a win
Boys were superb, i've backed RTB in all the way and ill have to say his plan/restump, rewire is looking like its coming together, apart from the essendon debacle we've been in every game this year, Luke Ryan is a big reason for that IMO ,
involved in the match-winning last minute plays two week in a row BUt....
I'm claiming the credit for our turnaround this year i'm afraid
the last 25 years Ive tipped Freo week in week out regardless of ladder position, form etc..
This year Ive tipped against us against GWS and today
Belly, Rosco hey all I ask is a position in the box, i won't say anything I promise, i"ll just sit there and shut up

Nah I put the new TV out on the new patio last Sunday. We haven't lost a game since

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
What a win, completely stoked.... Look, its been an up and down season but Freo hasn't been flogged in any games yet. Competitive weekly efforts compared to last several seasons.

Big concern with Pearce coming off.

Pies board makes for good reading as well... \/
tenor.gif

Whilst it feels a bit dirty sticking up for the Pies, I would say the vast majority on their board, on the main board and Bucks in his presser, are pretty much conceding the better team on the day won - only a very small number plus the Vic media seeking to blame the touched goal.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Heave freaking Ho! Footy is an awesome game sometimes.
Walters is a genuine superstar of the game now & Fyfe & Hill are elite.

I reckon in the last 2 weeks, Sonny has put his “ducking & diving career” on hold. His performances have lifted, interesting correlation.

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
love how that flog King is highlighting the touched goal on Fox taking away the win from Freo. If it was the other way round it wouldn’t get a mention. ONYA FREO!
Yeah he was laying it a bit thick. Who is to say that even if they call it a point Freo don’t win the ball back from the kick in and kick a goal Ffs. It’s only a game deciding moment if it was on the last kick of the game. All other possibilities are unknowable.. Acting like a proper flog!

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
love how that flog King is highlighting the touched goal on Fox taking away the win from Freo. If it was the other way round it wouldn’t get a mention. ONYA FREO!

I re-watch the last 2 minutes he mentioned it right when walters kicked the goal still with 27 secs to go. It was disgusting no mention of how good a goal under pressure talking about an incident an hour ago. With 27 seconds to go.

He & dixon must have $ on the pies. In fact i think someone called out dixon on it in the 2nd quarter.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
King pulled the same crap trying to drum up controversy about a Melbourne goal that was touched against WC a few weeks ago, complaining the umpires got it wrong and that it was a goal. Seems to hate it when Vic teams lose to non-Vic teams.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Might have been started when Bucks said nice things about us pregame.
Hated Buckley when he was a player but now feel bad about it a way because watching him as a coach these days the bloke is pure class and intelligent, would love to see him coach a team all the way. Eddie is a bit of a knob but he also put his balls on the line in backing him and has been vindicated despite falling just a kick short of a cleverly coached Eagles by Simpson last year.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Of course it did. We won by less than a goal.

That said there were many other things that impacted the outcome, but specifically they are talking about this because the technology exists to eliminate these kind of errors and they just didn't use it, apparently because they couldn't be bothered.
i suppose it did

IF he had of been paid the point, we woulda kicked a goal of the point kick in and won by 5 points instead

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Hated Buckley when he was a player but now feel bad about it a way because watching him as a coach these days the bloke is pure class and intelligent, would love to see him coach a team all the way. Eddie is a bit of a knob but he also put his balls on the line in backing him and has been vindicated despite falling just a kick short of a cleverly coached Eagles by Simpson last year.

Yes, he’s a good leader. Took the defeat well too.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Never forget that he threw Mayne under the bus when he was at his lowest point.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still riding a massive buzz.

The fans were loud all day and the Freo chant that got going in the 3rd quarter gave me goosebumps.

Fyfe was incredible in the contest. Wilson off half back - our gameplan looks way more dynamic with him taking the game on in the last 2 weeks.

Imagine how good we could be if we fix our forward line. We butchered a ton of opportunities and still won. It was absolute heart in the last quarter. So proud

Back