Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
So pumped after that win. Although ashamed to say that, like last week, I gave up half way through the last quarter and went walking with my baby daughter!

Son Son so cool under pressure and surely close to All Oz this season. Hill and Wilson so valuable with their metres gained. Fyfe continues to lead superbly and is so hard at it. Been very happy with Lobb as well who seems to be enjoying his footy.

How’s our post by fixtures looking? Should I cancel my September holiday overseas?

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
While I'm over the moon with the way we fought out that win I am a bit concerned with Alex Pearce's injury (at least he'll have two weeks to get over it) and very concerned with Cerra's complete lack of pace. He is very very slow.
NOTE TO ROSS : Get him a good athletics coach for the rest of the season. If he can't improve his pace then he should be traded on quickly.

You don’t trade someone just cause they’re slow hahaha. Cerra just needs to get bigger and move into the middle. Inside mids don’t need to be quick, just have good endurance.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Hated Buckley when he was a player but now feel bad about it a way because watching him as a coach these days the bloke is pure class and intelligent, would love to see him coach a team all the way. Eddie is a bit of a knob but he also put his balls on the line in backing him and has been vindicated despite falling just a kick short of a cleverly coached Eagles by Simpson last year.
im a fan of both Eddie and Bucks
Ive always liked Eddie, bucks ill have to admit took a bit more to win me over, now i love the guy
Quality people only add to our game

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mundys kicking efficiency today was 0. So was Cox & AP.

100% for Switta and Hamling
91.7% for Ryan
83.3% for Hughes
77% for Tucker
75% for Cerra
70% for Hill
69.2% for Walters
66.7% for hogan
60% for blakely
58.3% For Wilson
57.1% For Lobb
55.6% For Duman & Conca
52.4% for Fyfe
50% for Bewely
44.4% for Brayshaw
40% for Matera
36.4% or Langdon

0% for Mundy... wow...
Still love him tho :)

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Mundys kicking efficiency today was 0. So was Cox & AP.

100% for Switta and Hamling
91.7% for Ryan
83.3% for Hughes
77% for Tucker
75% for Cerra
70% for Hill
69.2% for Walters
66.7% for hogan
60% for blakely
58.3% For Wilson
57.1% For Lobb
55.6% For Duman & Conca
52.4% for Fyfe
50% for Bewely
44.4% for Brayshaw
40% for Matera
36.4% or Langdon

0% for Mundy... wow...
Still love him tho :)

And some want Switta dropped...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
No.

We won despite Ross Lyons coaching.

(Note the sarcasm, it is not as black and white as one coach outcoaching the other)
What was good was the way the team took responsibility to try and block things up when Pearce went down. Good on ground management of the situation until a bit of restructuring occurred at 3q time...

Last edited:

awaremind

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I re-watch the last 2 minutes he mentioned it right when walters kicked the goal still with 27 secs to go. It was disgusting no mention of how good a goal under pressure talking about an incident an hour ago. With 27 seconds to go.

He & dixon must have $ on the pies. In fact i think someone called out dixon on it in the 2nd quarter.
Delicious salty tears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
IMG_4319.JPG

I know there is still some games to go and WC could still overtake Brisbane.

But what a pleasant surprise looking at the ladder! As of now, We’ve beaten 3 or of top 4 teams!

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
brayshaws contest in the middle when he got crunched but bounced off it easy and got us forward, you love to see that from a young bloke

Agree - I was reading some nonsense last night in the non Freo discussion thread about LDU being the superior player. I’ve seen nothing from him remotely like that. Was the game defining moment in many respects.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Usually I would read every post before commenting, however I have a date with the Champions League final, so I have to post now. I got as far as Snuffulufugus (spelling! my bad...I am in a rush).

I just wanted to voice my opinion that the commentary was completely unprofessional and bias. It put Pavlich in an awkward position (we will agree to disagree) and it just got worse.

I would like to give a shout out to Dermott Brereton who was a real voice of reason, pointing out the free kick Thomas got in the forward line at a more criticial time of the game, that resulted in a goal - a mistake from the umpires that resulted in 6 points.

Also wanted to mention the fact that Walters was free for Matera to hit up in the last 20 seconds, only he held the ball as we had the win.

David King has to be the most anti-Docker in the media, and he just could not give an inch, and Ben Dixon is just a Melbournite that really has no place. The non-Melbourne media personalities have to toe the line so much on broadcasts and if anything support opposition teams. The commentary was appalling. There have beens so many inconsistencies and mistakes this year in umpiring, adjudication, reporting, that they seemed to just want to make the case about the end margin.

THe truth is, when the game is on the line, that is what you work toward and sometimes you find a way to get over the line. That is what we did.

I will save my take on the game and where we are at for another time, for now, go Liverpool! And well done Jack Robinson!

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sandilands was a beast around the ball though, it put the fear into opposing teams, and he did win ground balls a bit.
You don't want or need your ruckman running around expending energy collecting dinky possessions like some more clumsy representation of a midfielder. Save your energy for maximum influence on contested battles. I'd take the impact of beasts like Mumford and Sandi every day of the week.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
You don't want or need your ruckman running around expending energy collecting dinky possessions like some more clumsy representation of a midfielder. Save your energy for maximum influence on contested battles. I'd take the impact of beasts like Mumford and Sandi every day of the week.
I have to say I really enjoyed Lobb's work. He must rate pretty low on the ruck ladder, but is always in the competition, and causes significant damage in other areas. I also liked having a midfield who weren't just feeding off a dominant ruck, but were still getting on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back