Review Freo Drowned in GC by Suns - Rd 9 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it in the game thread but every team loses games, good teams don’t lose two in a row.

Need to bounce back next week. Aside from that, my main takeaways are we still obviously struggle when gameplan A is taken away and ploz bring back Fyfe.

I wouldn’t undersell the impact of getting on a massive plane trip and a quarter off the team coming of COVID.

Last edited:

Cox was just about our best player on ground in the first half and he gets pushed fwd after half time to try and offer a contest bc lobb and treacy offer nothing and all that ends up doing is taking away any impact he had on the game at all. Lovely coaching move.

Yeah I’ve never been as high on him as others on the board. Hands need a lot of work to make it. Amiss clearly the more talented
It's disappointing because he was well above expectation last year, when our forward line was terrible but now when it's been improved (besides this game) he looks lost

As someone who didn't watch the game, can someone summarize what happened? I want the deets.

Cox was just about our best player on ground in the first half and he gets pushed fwd after half time to try and offer a contest bc lobb and treacy offer nothing and all that ends up doing is taking away any impact he had on the game at all. Lovely coaching move.

tbh it was better than doing nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast were very good.

We don't have much quality up forward and the depth is shallow. We dominated early but we couldn't put scoreboard pressure on, then as they got on top our opportunities dried up. Credit to their backline too.

I think that was the difference, our offence was extremely poor. An 18yo mid in his 4th game was our highest scorer which says it all.

Last edited:
Said it plenty of times already but Josh Treacy offers nothing
Horseshit. 19yr old crash and bash 3rd tall (will be CHF later) who comes deep and links play. Usually has pretty sticky hands, but seems to firm up i50.

Was s**t today, for sure. But still pressured and fought hard in shocking conditions. Different player to Amiss, actually complements him massively.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We always have a few fumbles. Hard to avoid playing with so much speed. And quite a few inexperienced players. Wet weather multiplied that by 100. Our gameplan doesn't work with bad weather. Need something else then. And nobody really stood up to try to win the game. Brodie looked good in the first half and Logue tried hard all day. About everybody else looked bad.

As someone who didn't watch the game, can someone summarize what happened? I want the deets.
To sum it up, it's the classic case of quality over quality. Their entries were dangerous and they had one on one, we bombed it long.

We had more entries because we couldn't score, so we bomb it back in, which looks good on the stat sheets. They had less entries, because they didn't need repeat ones, they would actually score when they go in

Our midfield was embarrassing, Brayshaw and Serong were panted in every single way

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back