Review Freo Drowned in GC by Suns - Rd 9 Review

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apart from the Rowell circle jerk the Chol one is worse. His 4 goals were not typical kpf goals. I think 3 were seagull goals. But hey whatever

This is the thing. Luck is definitely a factor in football and we had none in this game.
It was all against us.
There were 4 fortuitous goals to GC which comes back to luck.
Some things we cannot control and we just have to consign that game to history and kick on.
Freo have had plenty of games where the luck was with us.
Personally, I am not too concerned about that loss.

Last edited:

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
This is the thing. Luck is definitely a factor in football and we had none in this game.
It was all against us.
There were 4 fortuitous goals to GC which comes back to luck.
Some things we cannot control and we just have to consign that game to history and kick on.
Freo have had plenty of games where the luck was with us.
Personally, I am not to concerned about that loss.

You make your own luck through effort. We just weren’t up for the fight

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Finally getting around to posting about the game. It was painful to watch our mids try to bomb it into the forward 50 over and over and over again.

Bombing it into the 50 is exactly what you are supposed to be doing in wet conditions. It's just that our forward line was so dreadfully ineffective that we couldn't score.

Gold Coast bombed it in too. The difference was their forwards made it work.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bombing it into the 50 is exactly what you are supposed to be doing in wet conditions. It's just that our forward line was so dreadfully ineffective that we couldn't score.

Gold Coast bombed it in too. The difference was their forwards made it work.
Easy to do that when you play 3 talls so no one's there to pressure gc small fwds

I still think the Cox forward was a combination of factors.
1. Our forwards were useless
2. tried to get more ground level winners in defence (didn't work)
3. He was on one leg, and could at least (hopefully) offer something forward, as opposed to being a liability in defence

The injury report will be interesting this week. Hopefully it was just a bad cork. Between Cox and Pearce's injury history though, starting to sweat.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
3. He was on one leg, and could at least (hopefully) offer something forward, as opposed to being a liability in defence

The injury report will be interesting this week. Hopefully it was just a bad cork. Between Cox and Pearce's injury history though, starting to sweat.
Kinda skimmed through the second half of the game to see if I could pick out where any of the injuries were since the broadcast was useless. Cox seemed to be moving pretty freely until right after that shot at goal. He initially came off from defence in a normal 5 min interchange and came back on and ran straight to play fwd and didn't look sore before that. So I think it was just JL trying to give us another option up forward because lobb and treacy were useless. Even after that there was no leading or movement at all from any of the forwards. They all just stood still with every entry it was very strange to watch.

Did not notice any Acres injury and could not find the moment when pearce came off. Can't get over how bad the broadcast was.

Purpleheart_56

Team Captain
May 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think main reason We lost that game was extreme humidity with GC players a bit more acclimatised to it than our boys(most of them looked out of breath in first quarter already)...This certainly goes together with "big wet"game was played in...And fact that Dockers have never known how to play wet weather footy...And our coaches not much better at coaching wet weather footy...
Slipping Falling Down GIF

Kings of the State

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle

It's *in Tuesday arvo and I still have not heard if any injuries from Sunday

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's fu**in Tuesday arvo and I still have not heard if any injuries from Sunday

They got back late Sunday. Scans only would've happened larw arvo and the prep for the news today.

Normally reporters like Ryno though are good at picking up spoilers, which is kind of a good indicator in my book. I also feel regardless of JL not being asked about injuries he'd have mentioned a really serious concern.

Clutching at straws I am!!

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
King broadcast the game from a studio in Melbourne and about 20minutes after it was obvious that Cox had been moved to the forward line he was spitballing about how Longmuir should go away from his pre-match plan and try someone else into our forward line.

Back