Review Freo eclipse Suns by 28pts

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an embarrassing red v cleavage sunburn coming in, that was brutal out of the shade.

Ballantyne needs to be clean with his hands, take the ball first fumble or at least not go to ground. So many times he had beaten his man through work only to lose moments as he struggled to get clean possession of the ball and find himself under pressure.

He finished well on goal though.
Spot on. If Ballas can pick those up he's off and running but he lets the opposition right back in it, must have been about 5 of those situations today.

I have an embarrassing red v cleavage sunburn coming in, that was brutal out of the shade.

Ballantyne needs to be clean with his hands, take the ball first fumble or at least not go to ground. So many times he had beaten his man through work only to lose moments as he struggled to get clean possession of the ball and find himself under pressure.

He has always had that fumble/fall over problem. But I thought today and last week he got enough of it to contribute. His awareness and short kicking to spot up a target inside 50 has been good on those occasions he kept his feet. Not to mention his courage.

Sorry about the sunburn. I hope you've got the treatment program under control. but if you need any help just ask ;)

Spot on. If Ballas can pick those up he's off and running but he lets the opposition right back in it, must have been about 5 of those situations today.

He should never play a game again.

Sure he has a good game with goals but he will have 9/10 crap games and can’t play away from home

It's hard to pick only a few out of todays performance. It was a solid contribution almost across the board. Maybe Luke Ryan not enough mentions?

Other than that, and not only based on this week - Wilson was recruiting genius. For, what was it, a future second?
Smirk.

Positives

- McCarthy’s best game with us, excellent kicking on goal and leading up targets in the forward 50.

- Defensive skill: A. Pearce, Ryan and Wilson all constant standouts.

- Bailey Banfield: What a left field inclusion, comes in and makes an immediate impact tagging, tackling, kicking - everything. Strange looking bloke who’s going to be strange to figure out each and every week.

- Fyfe is reaching new peaks. Previously he was an amazing athlete with a good football mind. Now his game is just so complete it’s a pleasure to watch. He’s the man to take us to a flag.

Few negatives, including some quiet players, poor score conversions but ultimately there appears some adherence to a flowing, agile game plan. At the very least there seems to be some seeds of a structure that didn’t even hold up two weeks ago.

Good crop of young players in the side, some handy backups in reserve. Time to get as many players in form and find some new magic style that will translate our brand into success.

I found scon new avatar.
Please use it;).
580368_gl.jpg

Pity it didn't help Neale kick straight.

Pics?
Joking :D
Watched the game a time the pub.
For mine Fyfe was immense
Neale classy
1/2 back line brilliant
Banfield amazing
McCarthy & Langdon had their best games in purple
Mundy excellent
Walters gave a spark when on the ball
Sheridan did some good things
Crowden growing into the role. (He reminds me of the character Grug in a kids’ book I used to read for my kid)
Cerra is a ripper
Brayshaw was ok. I may have not wanted him drafted by us, but I reckon he was ok, the same as weeks 1 & 2

It will make a huge difference if Sandi gets rubbed out. He is still 1000X better than Darcy.

Yes given he gave Fyfe his 300 clearances on an absolute platter today, destroyed Witts and kicked a goal, his game is being massively underrated on here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty solid win all things considered. Didn't seem to have the excitement factor of round 2 but maybe that was just me being slightly out of it cooking in the sun for 3/4 of the game.

- Fyfe was brilliant and I thought Langdon had a real breakout game. Kicking still needs a little work but everything else is really progressing, particularly his goal-kicking as a mid. Thought Hilly was decent but seems to lack any real impact atm.

- Defence great again. AP has got some real wheels and the pair of Ryan and Wilson could be the best in the AFL in a year or two.

- Banfield had an easy opponent but absolutely destroyed him. He looks like he could make a pretty good tagger although I do hope that in some games we give him more freedom in the middle and see what happens. Crowden was much better than last week although he does show shades of Subans best a couple of times a game (which unlike Suban hopefully he will grow out of).

- McCarthy's kicking is so comforting to watch

- This might not be a controversial call at this point but seeing them a couple of times I think Cerra will be the better of our two top 5 draftees. Isn't playing much in the middle yet but some of his plays just reek class.

Don't have many negatives beyond the typical Fremantle goal-kicking but Johnson is sadly just done. He doesn't have the physical attributes to play one out on legitimately any kind of forward and his kicking/intercepting (which is definetly waning) isn't important enough to carry him along. Reckon he's one of Ross' ultimate favourites so it's going to be tough but the quicker we get a younger guy (Cox has my vote) in his position the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game by the boys today. Missing gettable goals kept GC in it.

When even the opposition are saying Fyfe is unstoppable you know he’s getting back to his best.

Those couple of end to end passages with great accurate kicking were great to see. Hand balling into space really set up some good run too.

Some good fast hands in tight too like they were practising pre season, maybe it’s all starting to click

Alex Pearce is awesome just doesn’t let his man get into the game

I thought GC tried to put Wilson off his game by getting physical like the tactic used to upset the bulldogs’ JJ but Wilson’s way tougher than that dude

It felt like Sandi was getting a raw deal today from the umps but he was going out of his way to push guys around today too which he doesn’t usually do. That free against him at the ball up after Wilson overstepped the line was ridiculous. Even Fyfe was having words with the umpire on the way back to the middle after that. If Sandi gets suspended for the Lyons bump it will be just more BS against the guy who happens to be bigger than everyone else. In the Port game Dixon ran straight through Blakely and copped him high with his shoulder after he’d kicked the ball and no one cared so why the big deal here. Preparing to be though

Banfield is a half Crowley half Barlow creature as others have said and I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The talk to drop Sheridan is nonsense.

One of the best efficiencies and actually moves the ball forward. How he didn’t make the team from round 1 is astounding

Whilst I was not worried about him being picked or not picked I was very happy with his game today.

Nothing outstanding but contributed really well and that included quite a few high pressure moments in the backline. Kicking and link up play was good and as usual got a good snap. Couldn't care less if better players pass him by, but a few on here saying he was crap are just crazy or at least extremely blinkered.

would be very unlucky not to be on the plane next week.

I loved our run from defence from Stevie Hill, Wilson and Ryan.

Yes like most people on here I was frustrated at half time the suns got even with us. We did kick 5.10.40 when it should of been 10.5.65.

Saying that yes we kicked 13.18.96 But it was an interesting spread of goal kickers. Cam McCarthy got 3 goals. Ballas got 2 goals. Tabs got 18 disposals but got 3 behinds. He should of kicked 2 goals today.

It seems that forward set up is starting to gradually becoming good. As I said, I don't care if Freo average 10 goals a game for the 3rd year in a row. As I said, freo are going to have games where they will kick 5-8 goals a game one week then 12-15 the next.

I just hope freos overall squad can be competitive through the whole season.

Whilst I was not worried about him being picked or not picked I was very happy with his game today.

Nothing outstanding but contributed really well and that included quite a few high pressure moments in the backline. Kicking and link up play was good and as usual got a good snap. Couldn't care less if better players pass him by, but a few on here saying he was crap are just crazy or at least extremely blinkered.

would be very unlucky not to be on the plane next week.

While Sheridan may have done a few good things, at times he still doesn’t commit himself physically to a contest
We were able to watch him close up as we scored Locker Room tickets for the game. Fantastic experience if anyone wants to do it by the way, can stand right down on the wing boundary next to the bench
On a number of occasions Sheridan would just not go in for the contest and stand off letting his opponent to take the ball virtually unopposed
Also agree with Tayl0r regarding Ballantyne. At times it looked like his brain was a few seconds ahead of his hands, he was trying to do something before he had the ball in hand so he kept fumbling

Healy said on the broadcast that he thought AP would be All Australian 3 rounds in. Will get recognition on the couch this week.

Don't get the praise for Langdon. Runs hard and fast, but burns the ball more often than not. (mind you the not was a beautiful chip pass to the leading mccarthy which was terrific)
AP I had forgotten how good he is .Even my Eagle supporting mates were all talking about him when he first burst on the scene , He is fast becoming my favourite player .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back