Review Freo Embarrassed By the Blue Baggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Who did you think would win? Are you surprised we loss, or was it always going to happen because of our injuries? Which team should be able to handle injuries better? Which team was missing their best midfielder, who is in the top 5 players in the game? The excuses here are more pathetic than the actual performance we put on, seriously freo can do no wrong to some people.

To answer your questions I thought we would win, I was surprised and extremely peed off we lost (read my posts), I thought they were in a position to handle injuries better, we had lost almost our whole spine and had an underdone 20 year old ruck. They were missing their best midfielder. They were obviously a bit more mature and experienced. What's your point? I never gave any excuses, just asked why Carlton injuries were mentioned and valid but not Fremantle's??? Try reading next time.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To answer your questions I thought we would win, I was surprised and extremely peed off we lost (read my posts), I thought they were in a position to handle injuries better, we had lost almost our whole spine and had an underdone 20 year old ruck. They were missing their best midfielder. They were obviously a bit more mature and experienced. What's your point? I never gave any excuses, just asked why Carlton injuries were mentioned and valid but not Fremantle's??? Try reading next time.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Obviously more mature and experienced. Love that excuse, try waking up and realizing we were s**t and you love defending it.

That tripe last night can only be forgiven by a Derby win.....and the whole team being sent back to Auskick to learn how to play the basic fundamentals of football.

Obviously more mature and experienced. Love that excuse, try waking up and realizing we were **** and you love defending it.
Nurse? Nurse!! Why hasn't this man got his Bex and lie down yet?! He's reached delerious levels of cranky.

Let's all be honest here. We were horrible and to lose after being nearly 5 goals up at home against the bottom side was totally pathetic. No skills, no decision making, soft around the contest, poorly structured and a panicked defence.
No one's said it's a good thing or that we performed competently.

Does the 25year gala thingy bobby 2 days before game day become a potential cause of last nights performance?

Did we conveniently plan to have it before a lowly Carlton.. obviously this was planned months ago but it was a sure thing Carlton would be cellar dwellers.

Kane Cornes was right...ARROGANCE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Username ratio is on point. Let me try being you for a second.

- Jolly gosh, I'm super proud of our young inexperienced little boys for taking it up to the team on the bottom of the ladder. They gave it their absolute all, they deserve a mighty fine pat on the back for even getting the lead. A toast, to those brave boys for nearly pulling off that upset, they never stood a chance but they came close.

Nurse? Nurse!! Why hasn't this man got his Bex and lie down yet?! He's reached delerious levels of cranky.

Username ratio is on point. Let me try being you for a second.

- Jolly gosh, I'm super proud of our young inexperienced little boys for taking it up to the team on the bottom of the ladder. They gave it their absolute all, they deserve a mighty fine pat on the back for even getting the lead. A toast, to those brave boys for nearly pulling off that upset, they never stood a chance but they came close.
When you were trying to be me, did you feel your breathing calm and more activity in your frontal lobes?

Does the 25year gala thingy bobby 2 days before game day become a potential cause of last nights performance?

Did we conveniently plan to have it before a lowly Carlton.. obviously this was planned months ago but it was a sure thing Carlton would be cellar dwellers.

Kane Cornes was right...ARROGANCE.
Kane Cornes is one of the biggest tools going around, the Cornes brothers and father are arrogance personified so he is hardly one to be calling out people as arrogant.

Hughes definitely had the look of panic yesterday. If composed he would have calmly stepped back over the line with a big wry grin. He had opposition players sweating on him. At the least he could of opted for a standard drop punt down the line to clear it 40-50metre but no, near the boundary decided to use the banana kick and the laws of physics show that will more quickly fly out of bounds. As soon as he kicked the ball I slammed my fist into the couch and said that is the game right there.

He has improved a lot but still gets the staggers when under pressure. I think back to his early games. Also as mentioned too often this year he gets drawn to the pack contest and allows the ball out the back.

He is quick, has great closing speed to spoil and decent strength in the one-on-one body work. BUT composure is sadly lacking. Heaven forbid if under pressure in a Semi-final or prelim - Sheridan MK2. He needs to continue to work on this or he will find himself a 60-70 game career instead of hopefully a >150 game career more like Ibbotson.

Hughes definitely had the look of panic yesterday. If composed he would have calmly stepped back over the line with a big wry grin. He had opposition players sweating on him. At the least he could of opted for a standard drop punt down the line to clear it 40-50metre but no, near the boundary decided to use the banana kick and the laws of physics show that will more quickly fly out of bounds. As soon as he kicked the ball I slammed my fist into the couch and said that is the game right there.

He has improved a lot but still gets the staggers when under pressure. I think back to his early games. Also as mentioned too often this year he gets drawn to the pack contest and allows the ball out the back.

He is quick, has great closing speed to spoil and decent strength in the one-on-one body work. BUT composure is sadly lacking. Heaven forbid if under pressure in a Semi-final or prelim - Sheridan MK2. He needs to continue to work on this or he will find himself a 60-70 game career instead of hopefully a >150 game career more like Ibbotson.
While I didn't quite think that was game at the time (it turned a faint comfort into a strong discomfort), it seemed an even more insane move given the advantages in kicking out from a behind has this year and how repeatedly futile the hack kick to clear the area had proved to be immediately preceding it.

Long time reader, found my old login details that I've never used ... thought I'd give it a go.

What a disappoint. Worst of all, it will probably be the only game I get to live this year.

Lots having a go at Hughes, fair enough with that terrible last quarter etc. but I actually thought his game in general before that was pretty good, but maybe that's just me.

Fyfe on the other hand, wow, he is on another level. Everybody else playing midfiled just diddn't look up for the challenge.

After a day of work and back into it, I'm a bit more settled, it's only footy after all.

It’s all well and good to blame him. But it should never have gotten to that point. The midfield rotation got destroyed, just like it did against Port but luckily the defence held. Hughes just get the brunt of it. At that point of the game, the umpires were poised to make anything happen. Could’ve been deliberate.
So many passengers or players that needed to step up. That second quarter should’ve have the players’ alarm bells ringing. 17 INSIDE 50 against. Carlton did that. That’s pathetic. The defence can only handle so much! The centre clearances were so easy. We loss stoppages all over the ground. We have them no respect whilst they were primed and pumped. Silvagni on Fyfe changes the game IMO.
Scrambling in the second then even up by 15, still weren’t composed and scrambling with 5 minutes to go. Not sure whether the coaches wanted to defend but there’s always a quarter where we go backwards and just do stupid decisions. What’s wrong with just continuing on from the first and open up play.
Small forwards were lively in the first, used them well. In the second? Mostly in the defensive trying to hold the shape.
What bothers me is that there’s 4 v 4 mids each stoppage. It’s either lack of coaching or inexperience but all our mids get attracted to the first to it mentality, that only one of the opposition goes in to force a scramble and bang the spread happens. Why? Carlton did the basics, the predictable yet effective. Curnow is a limited basic midfielder. Yet he did it to aplomb. Used his body well, was an inside bull. These days have me missing Suban. That sort of work those guys stand up. We miss that prescense of a role player, an inside player sacrificing their game for the better of the team. And you know who we have on the list that can do that? Bailey Banfield.
Often we re complicating the stoppages and players have no clue. Tucker’s role bothers me. Is he inside or is he a winger? Doesn’t do enough for mine. Needs to be subbed out and let Bailey or Brayshaw in to change it up.

For this week, need to go back to the basics. Spread, no over commit. Eagles rely on the opposition to scramble only for it to go over the back for easy goals.

Long time reader, found my old login details that I've never used ... thought I'd give it a go.

What a disappoint. Worst of all, it will probably be the only game I get to live this year.

Lots having a go at Hughes, fair enough with that terrible last quarter etc. but I actually thought his game in general before that was pretty good, but maybe that's just me.

Fyfe on the other hand, wow, he is on another level. Everybody else playing midfiled just diddn't look up for the challenge.

After a day of work and back into it, I'm a bit more settled, it's only footy after all.

No. Not just you. Far from it in fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back