Freo fans and Kony.

Remove this Banner Ad

As expected Invisble Children's "Cover The Night' failed. I hope Jod23 remembered to "Cover The Night".

REMEMBER how we were all gonna stop Kony ourselves a month ago and now CoverTheNight is tomorrow and we completely forgot about it?"
In 130 characters, Nebraskan tweeter Alex Hosier described the cynicism surrounding the social media-driven campaign against African warlord Joseph Kony.
Just one month after one YouTube video made by American charity Invisible Children shot to almost 88 million views, a general sense of apathy appeared to have engulfed the Twittersphere yesterday as the world waited for Cover the Night, the April 20 worldwide call to action.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...er-of-night-20120421-1xd60.html#ixzz1siofor10

The Kony 2012 Cover the Night campaign woke up to awkward questions on Saturday after activists failed to blanket cities with posters of the wanted Ugandan warlord, Joseph Kony.

The movement's phenomenal success in mobilising young people online, following last month's launch of a 29-minute documentary which went viral, flopped in trying to turn that into real world actions.

The campaign aimed to plaster "every city, on every block" around the world with posters, stickers and murals of Kony to pressure governments into hunting down the guerrilla leader, who has waged a brutal, decades-long insurgency in central Africa.

But paltry turnouts on Friday at locations across north America, Europe and Australia left cities largely unplastered and the movement's credibility damaged. "What happened to all the fuss about Kony?" said one typical tweet. "Kony is so last month," said another.

Elissa O'Dell, 24, an activist in Los Angeles, put a brave face on the fact just her and two other volunteers attended the painting of a mural on an auto dealership off Santa Monica Boulevard.

"It's just been us the entire day," she said on Friday. Another campaigner took photographs while an artist painted the mural, which said "Our liberty is bound together".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/21/kony-2012-campaign-uganda-warlord

Jod23 was quick to insult Freo posters who were sceptical. I wonder if Jod23's facebook 'like' activism and others like him/her have lasted the month or so since the Kony2012 campaign forst came to light?

As expected Invisble Children's "Cover The Night' failed. I hope Jod23 remembered to "Cover The Night".

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...er-of-night-20120421-1xd60.html#ixzz1siofor10

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/21/kony-2012-campaign-uganda-warlord

Jod23 was quick to insult Freo posters who were sceptical. I wonder if Jod23's facebook 'like' activism and others like him/her have lasted the month or so since the Kony2012 campaign forst came to light?

Dumb decision to put it on the night of 4/20 :p

Not sure what angle they were going for with the mental breakdown and public masturbation campaign.

political-pictures-the-real-deal-on-kony.png

If anyone is interested in social justice, **** Africa.

Go to the terrortory. Where you can actually influence people's live.

Or are these Kony people too pissweak to even do that?

If anyone is interested in social justice, **** Africa.

Go to the terrortory. Where you can actually influence people's live.

Or are these Kony people too pissweak to even do that?

There was a story on AM this morning about the crisis in the Prison and Justice systems in the NT.... I'm sure there's plenty of other issues going on there too...

feelsbadman.jpg :(

There was a story on AM this morning about the crisis in the Prison and Justice systems in the NT.... I'm sure there's plenty of other issues going on there too...

feelsbadman.jpg :(

Not just NT prisons, include WA in that demographic.

Terrible state of affairs.

They're building a new prison up North in my old town that's not too far shy of a luxury resort.

The joke going around town is that some of the local indigenous kids will be deliberately getting sent away because they'll be looked after better and have a better quality of life than when they're at home. The sad thing is it's true in many cases.

They're building a new prison up North in my old town that's not too far shy of a luxury resort.

The joke going around town is that some of the local indigenous kids will be deliberately getting sent away because they'll be looked after better and have a better quality of life than when they're at home. The sad thing is it's true in many cases.

For males from Wadeye it has become a right of passage.

But given the Jails in the NT are just shy of third world type prisons, sometimes with 10 prisoners in a cell, it gives you some idea of the appalling conditions in Wadeye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is funny

Rise against, Freo fans!

This has nothing to do with what footy club you support. The whole Kony2012 was exposed for what is was. Mouse click activism.
Jason Russell's public masturbation rampage killed off any credibility that wasn't already in tatters due to their dodging spending of the proceeds of their donations. No one gives a s**t anymore. Kony is still at large.

This went ridiculously viral, everyone was so into it...then nothing happened

Was anybody actually at that foreshore meet up other then oblivious people walking there dogs?

edit; solid bump btw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back