Freo fans opinions of Ben Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Its been a fair while since Drum got the sack and Allan came in as caretacker coach. I was wondering what you Freo fans think of him. I will state that this is not a crack at the Freo Football Club.

IMHO, Fremantle has gotten worse since Allan took control. At least under Drum you were competitive and were in winning positions during the last quarter of a lot of games. But ever since he got the axe Freo have been thumped a few times. Youve been beaten by 38, 86, 10, 46, and 92 points.

Do you supporters think it was a good decision to sack Drum looking back at it, or do you think he should of stayed on till the end of the year??

I reckon he should of stayed.

It was a real Catch 22 situation for FFC - Drum was dead in the water because it was the last year of his contract, so the players would have known that he'd be gone sooner or later. But installing Allan, who clearly stated that he had no ambitions to keep the job next year, pretty much sends the same message to the players. Allen is there mainly to assess the list over the remainder of the season, but the incoming coach is likely to make his own decisions about who to keep and who to dump.

FFC's problem was that their 'corporates' were demanding some action, on the threat of withdrawing their support (and who knows what part the public servants of the WA Football Commission were playing behind the scenes), but their choice of replacement coach was obviously still busy at another club.

So yes, the Dockers have got worse since Drum was sacked, but they probably would have done the same if Drum was still there anyway. So many of the Dockers palyers must realise that their own AFL careers are coming to an end, it's no wonder their spirit has evaporated.

Gone backwards

I agree with you Macca we have gone backward since the DRUM sacking.The team was absolutely horrendous on Sunday.
I have never ever walked out on a team i support but was pretty close to it on Sunday I can tell you.
How can you tell if Allan is doing a good job when we are going so bad?I thought against the Bombers that maybe they had got their Sh%t in the one sock but wow what a let down on Sunday.
I believe the new coach when or maybe if we get one will move on at least 11 players,and there may be some real suprises.
Drum should never have been dismissed and should have seen out the season.If the players are only playing for themselves then there is only one way we can go and that is down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back