Autopsy Freo Forget The Game Was Moved and Dont Turn Up (Rd 23 Review)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Theres a few guys out there today in the Reece Conca mould. If JL can make the tough call on Reece which i agree with then what happens to Acres,Bewley Watson,Banfield Wilson,Tucker who have played no better than him and doubt ever will.Stop taking the piss and get some skilled young blokes .
Easy to say. All top premiership teams have these blokes. It’s about using them that’s benefitall for the team.
Bewley isn’t a star winger, nor is Acres. It’s better to develop Frederick and Henry in that role. Banfield is one that you’ll see at many top aides. But he’s been used as a half forward. I mean come on.
Wilson I dare say is on a very thin line.

Crazy Train

Debutant
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well today was *in awful.
What's worse than our performance is that we made saints look like a finals side!

Like Carlton, we have this knack of making spud team's look awesome. Now this is either our inconsistency or the fact sides see us a weak pushovers who fold under a little bit of pressure?! Either way I hope they address it in the off season.

Crazy Train

Debutant
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
What I found hilariously unsurprisingly surprising whilst having a brief look over the scum oppo board was how short there memories are by hacking on us today. The common theme was how terrible we are etc. 🤣🤣🤣 .

The irony is lost on those Muppets

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
I actually didn’t want to win today because I knew Collingwood wasn’t going to beat Essendon. What’s the point of playing for 9th???

Getting beaten was good because instead of getting pick 10 we get 8 and an easier draw next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I actually didn’t want to win today because I knew Collingwood wasn’t going to beat Essendon. What’s the point of playing for 9th???

Getting beaten was good because instead of getting pick 10 we get 8 and an easier draw next year.

We're in the same bracket for fixture as 9th.

Agree the pick might make a difference though.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos

Such a 'Freo' post.
I couldn't disagree more.
Winning today means beating a team that we needed to beat when it mattered and we didn't do it again.
We need to learn to win.
It doesn't matter where we finish.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well there is 1 positive to come out of today

Lol lol lol

We’re the Eagles …. Ninth Coast Eagles

And we’re here to finish Ninth

We’re the big birds something something big game

We’re the Eagles

We’re coming ninth

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
I agree about the run. I also don't blame himfor being a little self protective when he has big bodies coming at him from all angles because some idiot put hm in that predicament by dropping it on his head. He is only a kid ffs
I played seniors as a slightly framed person. did my shoulder. henry is fine. let him get some confidence.

ps there are some brutes on the afl pitch. I don't blame him at all.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
The question about that for me is do we actually want to play him as a short nuggety midfielder when Serong is already there.

How short is too short in the middle?

Can you carry two sub-180cm midfielders for a significant proportion of the game?

I think maybe yes but then if you add in Schultz, Switta, Western and co you start creating a problem by reaching critical midget mass.
brisbane roll out with neale, zac bailey short 180cm and zorko quite often.
richmond prestia, bolton and edwards is quite common as well.

Crazy Train

Debutant
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yep. And God knows we need a mid-sized back flanker

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a 33 year old who trains blokes in their 20s in my work I'll say this;

Fremantle are a bunch of talented kids who secretly wish their (hypothetical) older brothers were in the team bossing them around. They'd tell them where to go, but they'd appreciate it all the same and even feel a little comforted.

The issue is 6 years ago it was only the older brothers in the side and none of the youngest, I can tell you right now those kids are crying out for the gruff rawness of Suban, Spurr, Mzungu and McPhee crunching packs and protecting the babes. We don't have it and we sure as hell need it.

You all talk about getting more talent and skill but you don't understand what it means to have 18 adult aged blokes in sync with one another. One extremely talented half forward doesn't make Liam Henry even more talented, it's drawn from the security he gets from a group of strong-willed, strong minded players that enables him to thrive.

When you rebuild a team with a blowtorch you leave your pink, raw skin on show for all to see. The only difference for us is there's enough talent in that raw skin to give hope.

But make no mistake, we need an older brother. As much as we need Ray Kinsella walking out of a cornfield through a Field of Dreams, we need that.

It's the key to us actually winning a flag.

SPEEDWAGON

All Australian
Apr 12, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a 33 year old who trains blokes in their 20s in my work I'll say this;

Fremantle are a bunch of talented kids who secretly wish their (hypothetical) older brothers were in the team bossing them around. They'd tell them where to go, but they'd appreciate it all the same and even feel a little comforted.

The issue is 6 years ago it was only the older brothers in the side and none of the youngest, I can tell you right now those kids are crying out for the gruff rawness of Suban, Spurr, Mzungu and McPhee crunching packs and protecting the babes. We don't have it and we sure as hell need it.

we have Rhys conca

but we are throwing him away

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mi

Midfield is about getting the ball. It doesn't matter at all what you're height is.
Midifeld is about contested ball situations. Whilst any one undersized player who is good at winning the contested ball is OK, having too many small players at stoppages at the same time allows teams with bigger bodies in their midfield to overwhlem us and get on top.

Regularly going into a centre square with _both_ Serong and Crowden, making Brayshaw our biggest midfielder, and it will look awesome when we get a clean tap to run away from the clearance. But it will look putrid if the stoppage becomes contested as midfields with guys the size of Cripps just physically dominate our smaller midfielders.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hughes? 3 years?
Yup. Signed on for 3 years in June. Since then he has played one game. Of course he has been injured for part of that time, but the cynic in me thinks there is a disconnect between list management and coaching: its like the coach has said "You just extended that guy for three years? Well feck you I'm not going to play him."

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Game summary

Attachments

• 7C7582FF-2488-49BC-8162-C6CB71DBFD92.png
    7C7582FF-2488-49BC-8162-C6CB71DBFD92.png
    736.3 KB · Views: 58
  • B60C7100-30A0-4CB4-B9BB-0E6F3ECFDD77.png