Autopsy Freo get mauled by the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to break that sort of game down. Tigers clearly a couple of levels above.
When we tried to handball our way through early we were woeful in execution. When we kicked? We were even worse.

So hard to get a read when you can’t kick or handball!

Ahhh so good to have you back... want to answer my question now?

I don't see any problem with the coach. It's the game plan that needs to go.

Luckily there are plenty of much better game plans out there that we can copy. It's really not as difficult as you make it out to be.

Simply couldn’t match their pressure and intend on and off the ball, they tackled harder, ran harder, and destroyed us on the turnovers, which is the reasoning behind why our disposal by hand and foot was so poor. Could only match and beat them for 1 quarter which is better to take out of the game than nothing at all.

We have 10 injuries, and another 10 players who are past it or never had it. The next few weeks will be tough until players like Hill, Walters etc come back.

A few players need a rest, but we don't have anyone to replace them with .

Luckily there are plenty of much better game plans out there that we can copy. It's really not as difficult as you make it out to be.
Yeah I like Ross as a coach but there's definetly a few changes desperately needed to how we set up.

Positives
- Fyfe is in great form, just needs some support
- Wilson tried hard all day even though he was under the pump.
- Brayshaw and Cerra showed more growth
- Sandilands won the ruck contest, we couldn't capitalise on it.
- Staying out of the gameday thread during a rebuild was a great decision
- 13 under 50 games

Negatives
- Neale doesn't hurt enough with his possesion
- Banfield needs to do something. Can't put my finger on it but his decision making seemed horrible to me.
- Forward line had no structure
- Backline had no structure
- Midfield delivery was horrible
- Playing a loose man to start the game was dumb
- Conversion in front of goal was horrible
- Mundy had a bit of a nightmare

Especially considering Richmond are using our game plan from 2013.

Backline really got made to look second rate, not all their fault though with that much ball coming in.
Hughes, Ryan, Duman, Hill all played poorly. As was blakely but at least he found a bit of the footy.

Don't even know what to think of the forwards, at least the youth played quite well though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back