Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's been a resounding success hasn't it? Carlton with three priority picks over the past 20 years and 5 wooden spoons. Dees got one in 2009 and it made them competitive? The priority pick of the Suns in 2019 catapulted them into contention? It's a farce.

Watching best on ground right now and Bucks just said he doesn't like priority picks either. You are incentivizing poor decision making and poorly run clubs. Giving a kid who's failing a class a free pass on a test doesn't fix the problem on why they're failing. Giving a high draft pick to a team that is run by fools is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig.

MLB, NFL, and NBA don't have relegation systems and they don't need priority picks to sustain competitiveness, so that argument doesn't hold water. They are also some of the most competitive leagues in the world. The EPL does have relegation and they are one of the most unbalanced comps in the world, with only a handful of teams who are competitive each year. Only 6 teams have won the EPL in the last 27 years!! Garbage. This is why I don't watch that sham.

I'm not sure what international matches have anything to do with priority picks. Are you saying if there were international matches, we wouldn't need priority picks? I don't get it.

Every team wants to win a premiership every year. If you're team is a basket case (which freo has been at times) that the club's fault and their sole responsibility to fix it. If AFL wants a more competitive league, maybe get rid of the Vic-centric-type decision that give Freo ONE Friday night game to Geelong's 26. Who needs the exposure and additional revenue more, which would help make the competition more even? hmmmm...

P.S. Seriously, where did they find this band on "Best on Ground". They literally are s***. Must be the all the cuts to the soft cap. lol.

The singers an ex player , you know how it is

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I thought Henry did a couple of nice things and he tried hard.

The handball under pressure in the third was really good
He will be in and out for a while.
Yeah his touches are good when he gets them but that is notyet often enough. I also think at times he is too team oriented and not quite selfish enough. TGhere were at least 2 occasions where he looked ready to take a flay from the back of a contest and suddenly opulled out trying to do the team thing by staying down and roving the ground all instead. On both occasions he was there to make that contest and started doing so then backed out. Both times his man committed and won the mark.

tonygeeks, can I ask as to why, in the name of all that is sacred, you have an image of Tim Kelly as your avatar? Thanks.

Well it's been a resounding success hasn't it? Carlton with three priority picks over the past 20 years and 5 wooden spoons. Dees got one in 2009 and it made them competitive? The priority pick of the Suns in 2019 catapulted them into contention? It's a farce.

Watching best on ground right now and Bucks just said he doesn't like priority picks either. You are incentivizing poor decision making and poorly run clubs. Giving a kid who's failing a class a free pass on a test doesn't fix the problem on why they're failing. Giving a high draft pick to a team that is run by fools is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig.

MLB, NFL, and NBA don't have relegation systems and they don't need priority picks to sustain competitiveness, so that argument doesn't hold water. They are also some of the most competitive leagues in the world. The EPL does have relegation and they are one of the most unbalanced comps in the world, with only a handful of teams who are competitive each year. Only 6 teams have won the EPL in the last 27 years!! Garbage. This is why I don't watch that sham.

I'm not sure what international matches have anything to do with priority picks. Are you saying if there were international matches, we wouldn't need priority picks? I don't get it.

Every team wants to win a premiership every year. If you're team is a basket case (which freo has been at times) that the club's fault and their sole responsibility to fix it. If AFL wants a more competitive league, maybe get rid of the Vic-centric-type decision that give Freo ONE Friday night game to Geelong's 26. Who needs the exposure and additional revenue more, which would help make the competition more even? hmmmm...

P.S. Seriously, where did they find this band on "Best on Ground". They literally are s***. Must be the all the cuts to the soft cap. lol.
I don’t think there has been a flag won over the last 20 years without priority picks involved. They do make a difference!

Did you know one of famous 2004 top 5 duo of Buddy Franklin and Jarryd Roughead was a priority pick?
Luke Shuey was a priority pick.
Alex Rance was a priority pick
Starcevich of Brisbanes current team is a priority pick.
Melbourne have had so many it’s hard to count them all even though most were busts for them. Carlton too.
I think our last priority pick was in 2001 when we traded pick 1 for Trent croad. And burnt pick 4 on Graham Polak.

Priority picks absolutely mystify me. Why would a competition reward poor drafting, coaching, decision-making, and list management? If a club was subjected to some "act of god" type problems or something out of their control (ex: hard hit by covid), then maybe. But if a team absolutely sucks for a long time, maybe they need a change in leadership, coach, managers, CEO, or some other factor?? AFL just loves to prop up teams to "preserve" the game (ex: funding the Saints/GC/GWS). If north can't figure it out, it's their own fault. If they get a priority pick, then the AFL is admitting that the competition is inherently unfair and/or compromised and/or biased towards specific clubs and they only way for them to succeed is for the league to do something. If north are not able to make the changes necessary or are prevented from succeeding then the AFL needs to change the systemic obstacle holding them back. I am 100% deadset against any team receiving a priority pick.

North also traded out Ben Brown to Melbourne rather than keep him during their rebuilding phase so weakening their list. Not sure that was a great decision tbh. There was one player they traded out about the same time who seemed to be worth hanging on to for a rebuild as well.

Hi team, I’m not sure what benefit you are receiving tweeting back to Goosage, but I am certain he is loving the attention. I would suggest ignoring him.

There is an old saying I like to live by:
“Don’t wrestle with pigs, you will get dirty. The difference is, the pig likes it.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched a replay. I thought the commentary was quite good. Dunstall is quite knowledgeable and complimentary about us. He was keen on Jai. Schofield is a fair and informed boundary rider.

I thought Jai was more involved than I realised watching it live. Good stuff.

Then I watched first crack. They didn’t have time to talk about the Dockers. The only winning team that wasn’t discussed. I guess we are still irrelevant. There was time to talk about North Melbourne. Losing by 78 points and sitting in 17th place makes you relevant and worthy of analysis I guess.

I keep experiencing deja-vu this year.

Nathan O'driscoll kicks a freak goal from the left pocket. He then runs to the centre of the field with his mouth open, red mouthguard flashing with his finger pointing in the air.

This has happened a million times across a million dimensions.

I thought I was trippin out!

tonygeeks, can I ask as to why, in the name of all that is sacred, you have an image of Tim Kelly as your avatar? Thanks.

Haha , I’ve switched over to the Eagles because I only like going for shitty teams

Nah remember when the TK trade went down and all the WC floggo’s on here changed their av’s too TK to annoy the Cats fans

It amuses me to rub those bay w***ers noses in it

Then I watched first crack. They didn’t have time to talk about the Dockers. The only winning team that wasn’t discussed. I guess we are still irrelevant. There was time to talk about North Melbourne. Losing by 78 points and sitting in 17th place makes you relevant and worthy of analysis I guess.
TBF they've spent a bit of time on us on the First Crack of late. I'm not sure they could've said anything too new based on the weekend.

Also I think most of the AFL world would've switched off our game before half-time. They'd already had the Port/Bulldogs game, our game looked over by the first quarter's end and there was still time to do other things.

TBF they've spent a bit of time on us on the First Crack of late. I'm not sure they could've said anything too new based on the weekend.

Also I think most of the AFL world would've switched off our game before half-time. They'd already had the Port/Bulldogs game, our game looked over by the first quarter's end and there was still time to do other things.
Listening to MMM this morning and Pendlebury was chatting about the Friday night Dogs game and didn’t even realise until Saturday morning that the Dockers game had been played. He saw us playing Saturday (replay) and thought we must have started at 11.00 am or something. He reckoned the double fixture was a joke (not worded as such) and said most people didn’t know it was on over here.

Listening to MMM this morning and Pendlebury was chatting about the Friday night Dogs game and didn’t even realise until Saturday morning that the Dockers game had been played. He saw us playing Saturday (replay) and thought we must have started at 11.00 am or something. He reckoned the double fixture was a joke (not worded as such) and said most people didn’t know it was on over here.
Yes. How you get a marquee spot, without getting a marquee spot.

Haha , I’ve switched over to the Eagles because I only like going for shitty teams

Nah remember when the TK trade went down and all the WC floggo’s on here changed their av’s too TK to annoy the Cats fans

It amuses me to rub those bay w***ers noses in it

We could do that with Will Brodie & the GC crew, but it was just too nice of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back