Autopsy Freo Get the Points Against Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a home game a few yrs ago against Essendon where the bombers were smashing them ,after half time the free kick count was something like 18 to 1 in favour of west coast .I believe it was after that the AFL stepped in and stopped West Australians umpiring wet toast games for a while .There differential over a Ten yr period was incredibly lopsided and very hard to explain
I hate how this hadn’t been raised in the media

I hate how this hadn’t been raised in the media

There was a period of time were it was raised in the media but the media talked about it as if it were a WA bias, so Fremantle would get the rough end the following weekend at home.

There was a table of free kick differentials floating around a while ago which had WC something like 900 free kicks ahead of their opponents and Freo maybe 20% of that amount in the negative direction across a period of about ten years.

Good points.

You could go to a tough WAFL game ( the true derby ), and hear some great banter , but I never felt in danger. You went to the game, and had a drink with your mates during the game.

At the AFL, the atmosphere is different. Maybe at the WAFL there were a lot more families, who balanced the bantering. At the AFL it seems people are tanked before they get to the game.

In summary it comes down to when people are starting their drinking sessions. At the WAFL, it was generally at the ground. At the AFL, people are tanking up long before they enter the ground.
I don't put it down to the suds.
I just find that we have lost our way with the banter. I have been to many games in Melbourne and have found that they are not all that bad. As per anywhere, you get your meat heads that are just there for a blue.
The WAFL days were the true days of banter and mud slinging.
I find with the Yellas suporters, the females are the worst.

There was a period of time were it was raised in the media but the media talked about it as if it were a WA bias, so Fremantle would get the rough end the following weekend at home.

There was a table of free kick differentials floating around a while ago which had WC something like 900 free kicks ahead of their opponents and Freo maybe 20% of that amount in the negative direction across a period of about ten years.
Going back to our very early days, I remember George Grljusich, on, I think the ABC, commenting that over two weeks,the last half of the previous week and the first two quarters on the next, Fremantle went through that period without a free kick. I am sure GG would have had that sorted as fact.
But realistcally, it should be an impossibility to go through one quarter of football with at least one free kick.An impossibility.That is if the umpires are doing their job.
I am finding it hard to understand the need for four umpires. Remembering that the third umpire was introduced to stamp out the behind play thuggery. Now days with something like 30 cameras, there is no need for that now. So I am gob smacked that we now have four.

Going back to our very early days, I remember George Grljusich, on, I think the ABC, commenting that over two weeks,the last half of the previous week and the first two quarters on the next, Fremantle went through that period without a free kick. I am sure GG would have had that sorted as fact.
But realistcally, it should be an impossibility to go through one quarter of football with at least one free kick.An impossibility.That is if the umpires are doing their job.
I am finding it hard to understand the need for four umpires. Remembering that the third umpire was introduced to stamp out the behind play thuggery. Now days with something like 30 cameras, there is no need for that now. So I am gob smacked that we now have four.
One motive is to get more women umpires at the elite level. Having four umpires and getting rid of the bounce are both being discussed as a way to 'increase diversity' amongst umpires by making the job less physically demanding.
Overall seems reasonable.

One motive is to get more women umpires at the elite level. Having four umpires and getting rid of the bounce are both being discussed as a way to 'increase diversity' amongst umpires by making the job less physically demanding.
Overall seems reasonable.
There is no way I am in favour of having four.
I find that there are decisions being made later, purely by the fact that each umpire is wating for another to make the decision.
I could go on about the ruck duels at stoppages, but that makes me angry.
But four is too many.
I don't disagree with getting more womwn in to umpire, providing they can do the job, because let's face it, there are plenty of blokes getting paid for doing a sheeit job as it stands.

Looking again at Jackson's game, it kinda made me think of him (humour me here for a minute) as a bigger, taller, heavier and younger version of Aish.

By this, I mean that - now that Aish has matured a bit, he is very much a "play-anywhere-and-do-anything" kind of player; he goes where he is needed and does what is required. Wing, defender, midfielder, and tagger - aish has done all the above for us, and done them all brilliantly.

Looking now at Jackson, he moves like a mid, follows up like a mid, can run like a winger, can tap like a ruckman and (hopefully eventually) mark and kick goals as a tall forward... So he's basically another Aish like player in the making -- just a much taller, heavier, and more hyped-up version.

With all this in mind, and also remembering:

- just how much Aish was pilloried by some fans as being a waste of space in his early Freo days, and

- just how useful, valuable and important he has now become to Freo...

Maybe then Jackson will be every bit as multi-talented as Aish in a few years time, once he has another two years of playing under his belt...

...and maybe on that basis, the Jackson critics amongst us, might be willing to therefore consider cutting him a little more slack?

It's just a thought... and not necessarily an accurate one either. Feel free to make up your own mind.

Last edited:
The world will be overtaken by AI soon. This will eventually happen. There's no way of stopping it, it's part of our evolutionary process.
When that happens, as by definition AI must be intelligent, will there be any eagles supporters left?

When that happens, as by definition AI must be intelligent, will there be any eagles supporters left?

Touchè

They will be in the last carriage on the AI train moving forward. We'd all like to unlock the latch and leave them behind. Unfortunately society says we aren't allowed to. But who knows in the future, AI might have a different moral compass. They might likely deem them as a big enough blight on society that casting them aside seems the most important thing for the plight of evolution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking again at Jackson's game, it kinda made me think of him (humour me here for a minute) as a bigger, taller, heavier and younger version of Aish.

By this, I mean that - now that Aish has matured a bit, he is very much a "play-anywhere-and-do-anything" kind of player; he goes where he is needed and does what is required. Wing, defender, midfielder, and tagger - aish has done all the above for us, and done them all brilliantly.

Looking now at Jackson, he moves like a mid, follows up like a mid, can run like a winger, can tap like a ruckman and (hopefully eventually) mark and kick goals as a tall forward... So he's basically another Aish like player in the making -- just a much taller, heavier, and more hyped-up version.

- just how much Aish was pilloried by some fans as being a waste of space in his early Freo days, and

Maybe then Jackson will be every bit as multi-talented as Aish in a few years time, once he has another two years of playing under his belt...

...and maybe on that basis, the Jackson critics amongst us, might be willing to therefore consider cutting him a little more slack?

It's just a thought... and not necessarily an accurate one either. Feel free to make up your own mind.
Same hairdo, that's 4 sure

Sent from my SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm liking your thought very much!

“I do think they set out to do damage wherever they can. I don't think this falling across legs and stuff is all purely accidental. We are down and they want to keep us down.”

I noticed this post on the Eagles board just a minute or two ago. Just shows how classy their supporters are.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I do think they set out to do damage wherever they can. I don't think this falling across legs and stuff is all purely accidental. We are down and they want to keep us down.”

I noticed this post on the Eagles board just a minute or two ago. Just shows how classy their supporters are.
Hey mate, no direct quoting, I’ve edited your post.

Also, while that is a really dumb / stupid post, there have been a few borderline shitty posts on here during the week

Hey mate, no direct quoting, I’ve edited your post.

Also, while that is a really dumb / stupid post, there have been a few borderline shitty posts on here during the week
So is their conspiracy stuff dumber than my conspiracy stuff Snuff ?

I hope not 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back