Review Freo Get Up by 34 Thanks to Being Paid to Take Will Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

The loss to the saints looks a bit more respectable in hindsight, and the good thing about it was it forced us to get the team balance better, but I’m not going to get excited until we beat a few teams in the top eight.
More importantly don't drop games against bottom 8 sides, looking at you Essendon!

To be in finals contention I think we have to win 2 of the 4 with one being against Essendon or Carlton. We win 3 of 4 and we are playing finals almost guaranteed
Agreed. But I think in my mind, I want to see us jump a few positions to go from outside the eight, straight to 4th, 5th or 6th lowest. I really dont want to see us 'scrape in'. Want to burst into the eight and slap the teams that we should slap. The universe will have its own plans of course, but I can hope, he he.

Agreed. But I think in my mind, I want to see us jump a few positions to go from outside the eight, straight to 4th, 5th or 6th lowest. I really dont want to see us 'scrape in'. Want to burst into the eight and slap the teams that we should slap. The universe will have its own plans of course, but I can hope, he he.
Hey man, I hope we win the flag this year, just best to keep the hype in check so when we have a bad game, the board doesnt blow up...

There is every chance we lose the next 3 games

The group will be hellbent on the next two weeks. Essendon and Carlton, last few years, have been the stumbling block for us making finals. Really can’t wait for this week. See what this group is about. Fast start against Essendon is a must.
Carlton at home. Ffs we are due. Enough of these shitty heartbreakers

Positives:

Free AFL Match replays - how long have these been around? Recorded the wrong game and found the replays all available online, is this a limited time thing?

Negatives:

Only 30k at the game, it was a prime time slot and the Starlight Foundation game - what's the go? COVID and/or school holidays? After the derby thumping we should have put up at least 35k+

Feels like the days we put out 35-38k on a consistent basis are long behind us.

Positives:

Free AFL Match replays - how long have these been around? Recorded the wrong game and found the replays all available online, is this a limited time thing?

Negatives:

Only 30k at the game, it was a prime time slot and the Starlight Foundation game - what's the go? COVID and/or school holidays? After the derby thumping we should have put up at least 35k+

Feels like the days we put out 35-38k on a consistent basis are long behind us.
Crowds look like they are down across the board. It will take another couple of years before crowd numbers return to pre-covid I think

You just have to laugh at this point

How much are these muppets paid to do ONE, simple task?
If I made mistakes like that at work, I'd be under some serious heat!

Over It Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6. The Ash-tag is a thing

For the second successive week, Lachie Ash was charged with a run-with role, keeping a close check on in-form Dockers on-baller Andy Brayshaw from the first bounce until late in the third term. Ash had shut down Suns ball magnet Touk Miller last weekend, keeping him to 17 touches, with some assistance from long-time Giants tagger Matt de Boer. Brayshaw still managed 26 disposals but Ash kept him quiet at stoppages, with the Docker only having one clearance. Ash finished the game with 15 possessions with three clearances and four tackles, earning praise from coach Leon Cameron who labelled him "terrific". - Ben Somerford

What an absolute load of bollocks Ben Somerford! I think the fact Brayshaw still managed 26 disposals and a goal, warrants him being the subject of the article you absolute muppet!

6. The Ash-tag is a thing

For the second successive week, Lachie Ash was charged with a run-with role, keeping a close check on in-form Dockers on-baller Andy Brayshaw from the first bounce until late in the third term. Ash had shut down Suns ball magnet Touk Miller last weekend, keeping him to 17 touches, with some assistance from long-time Giants tagger Matt de Boer. Brayshaw still managed 26 disposals but Ash kept him quiet at stoppages, with the Docker only having one clearance. Ash finished the game with 15 possessions with three clearances and four tackles, earning praise from coach Leon Cameron who labelled him "terrific". - Ben Somerford

What an absolute load of bollocks Ben Somerford! I think the fact Brayshaw still managed 26 disposals and a goal, warrants him being the subject of the article you absolute muppet!
I know it’s s**t but I think he is more saying that Ash kept him quiet at the coalface and his disposals came away from where the action was. Still a bollocks write up

I know it’s s**t but I think he is more saying that Ash kept him quiet at the coalface and his disposals came away from where the action was. Still a bollocks write up
Don't understand how you can watch your game and that is your main takeaway. Then again what's the chance he actually saw any of the game.

I know it’s s**t but I think he is more saying that Ash kept him quiet at the coalface and his disposals came away from where the action was. Still a bollocks write up.
Let's be honest, the dipsh*t just wanted to use the words "Ash-tag" in the title. That's where his intelligence is at!

So game review is pretty much done for this week, but I did want to comment on one thing. Absolutely loving the way — and this has to have been explicit instruction — that when our players have won a contested mark / intercept and find themselves goal side of their direct opponents, they've just been taking off. Both this week and last Young, Chapman, Acres, even Cox have just instantly gone on the attack.

No one can say we've started this season like previous years - the mature players that managed to get us over the line in our rare wins were always Fyfe, Mundy, Darcy, Ryan, Taberner and to a lesser extent Pearce, Serong, Lobb and Walters.

Those players are either not playing, a bit rusty or just not contributing like previous years - which means there's a whole score of other players giving us the value we haven't had - last year if those aforementioned players were off we lose plain and simple.

It's really an exciting time for the club and I think we have responded with a real dare and dash since the St Kilda debacle.

Next two games against Essendon and Carlton are season defining.

Not sure how Coxy hasn't been mentioned more, had to be his best ever game for us - other intercept marking, his disposal and two-way running were simply elite. Showed real signs against West Coast and backed it up strongly this week - I'd have to say he's presently our most important defender

I was at the game and I found him perplexing, he did not look like he was enjoying himself. Could he have been carrying something?
They looked like they were trying to get him running more forward at times but he wasn't in good positions and was often ignored.
Hogan had a go at Jordy several times and seemed to upset him. Nothing really bad at all, just the occasional bump or word after Clark made a mistake. I don't know if they have history or if Clark went the sledge first and I missed it.

It wasn't the first time I have seen it however. Jordy really needs to stop letting the oppo get under his skin.

I agree with your perspectives too. But it can be frustrating when you live in Melbs hanging for a positive mention when all you hear about is David Kings perpetual cynacism or plain ignorance from everyone else with little more than a vague concept of what we're up to.

I forget there are Freo supporters in Melbourne, yeah that would be frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back