Freo in 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 17, 2000
Perth near Fremantle
After reading through a number of people's posts about how teams will go next year I noticed that a lot of them were saying that the Dockers are going to be big improvers in 2001. I have been a Freo supporter since 1995 and we have put up with years of being bagged by everyone. It is great to see now that people have recognised the potential that freo has now. Drum has a done a great job over the last 2 years in developing the squad and although it is sad to see players like clement and holland leave, they haven't shown the determination or the consistency needed to perform at AFL level. We now have 3 top gun youngsters and an inspirational leader to lead them to the finals in Peter Bell. Good on ya Freo and Drum and see you in the finals next year!

I am an eagles supporter, as you can tell but being a West Aussie i like to see freo win , especially if they stick it up the vics. I can see them push for a finals birth next near as they have a good young squad. i saw the last western derby and freo's young players excelled, it was great to see such a good match, too bad the result went the wrong way. I am not worried that freo finished above the Eagles, it is about time and the Eagles are now rebuilding. Freo started in 95 badly as they basicly had a claremont side which neeshem bought with him. Good luck Freo but LETS GO EAGLES

I reckon Freo will do what Brisbane did in 1995. Sneak into the eight in 8th spot.

They will be hard to beat next year, especially at home. I also don't think they will get hammered as often. When they do lose, it will be closer.

[This message has been edited by gocatsgo (edited 26 September 2000).]

Who Cares! hahahahhaah
biggrin.gif

I think Freo will finish very close to the 8, if not in it, a lot closer than the eagles, who I think will finish about 12th or 13th.

------------------
Mantis

Why not? The kids should mature, Bell will be a top pick up. Drum is putting together a footy culture the likes of which Neesham never understood. To me they look on the right track for improvment. Maybe not finals next year, but soon.
thefinger_red.gif

Fremantle are definately a hot chance to be in the final 8 next year or at least 2002, but they still have a long way to go I reckon. I've always had a few concerns about their backline and how it stands up to quality forward lines (although Drum has been great in trying new things, eg. throwing Pavlich down back)

They made big improvements this year, winning in Melbourne against Richmond and Collingwood - although their huge away losses against the Kangaroos and Brisbane stick out more.

They are a club on the rise - but as long as they are one below the Eagles
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back