Freo in the NBL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder

Wonder what sort of draft concessions we would get? (LOLZ)

Also, thinking strategically, some promising AFL kids choose basketball over footy, maybe we could recruit them to bball, keep an eye on them, limit their court time and convince them to take the B list Rookie spots on our AFL list. Go into NBL purely to feed our AFL team - brilliant!

Yes please , but I know it won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBL are pretty stupid and don't understand the Perth market.

I never heard a single person in Perth who hates the Wildcats.

If their was a Fremantle team only Cockburn, maybe Lakeside or Willeton would support it.

The other associations would be purely for the Cats.

Better to have a second NZ team and a second Melbourne team.

If their was a Fremantle team only Cockburn, maybe Lakeside or Willeton would support it.

I think NZ team Will be great .

Doesn’t look like the Dockers are behind it. More likely the NBL wanting to cash in on the popularity and success of Basketball at the Arena

Wildcats are far more dominant off the court than any other club though. Over 10,000 members and the seats are far more expensive than any other outfit. Most clubs (if not all) have their most expensive (non box) season passes priced below the Wildcats least expensive season passes.

The owners of the league would have to be eyeing the market for more income and no other city is doing anything more than treading water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back