Autopsy Freo kick Melbourne out of finals contention. Freo d Melb rd 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe I brought Max into my fantasy team thinking he'd monster us and Darcy puts up that performance. Pretty shattered.

Yeah put Preuss up forward who kicks it oob, thought Gawn would dominate us but Goodwin’s a numpty.

It was either after half time or 3/4 time that the camera panned to Gawn, Petracca, Viney and Oliver talking about the upc9minf stoppage.

I thought, we're in trouble here. It spilled out the back and we took possession for an i50.

On paper they should win the clearance EVERY time. Something seriously wrong with the MFC.

EAT A BAG OF DICKS.

Watched the game delayed and haven't read this thread yet but some things that jumped out at me:

- Cerra is legit now, a seriously well rounded player

- Cox is just so casually awesome. Even noted casual players like Mundy look like they're trying occasionally, but Cox just steps though tackles like he's sleep walking only to suddenly be free somehow. That's a rare talent for someone his size

- I think Wilson is probably the biggest beneficiary of the coaching change. I'm just guessing here, but he seems like the type whose natural game would have been a little more stifled under Lyon. I was ready to chuck him out of the B22, but he's been brilliant lately

Beating Melbourne and ending their finals hope is delicious.
Shows the character and heart of this club under JLo Vs Melbourne under Goodwin. 6 months in, always Fremantle have a plan that all players rallying behind and backing themselves.
Melbourne can’t even do that for the past two seasons. Joyful to see.

Tabs. He has has a shocker two games. Should’ve kicked 3, missed all 3. Hopefully he gets back on the bike next week and dominate with a bag. He deserves 30 goals for the year.

Our defence was so bloody clean . Huge decisions next year if the guys on the sideline are fit (lol)

Feel bad for Hoges, hard to get into form in conditions like that

Tabs has lost his finishing skills the past two games but still clunking big marks and getting opportunities

The two games Hogan has been back. I reckon he goes into his shell a bit when Hogan is playing. Maybe he feels threatened, at least unconsciously. If I was JL I’d make them go on holiday together during the off-season. Could be disastrous but could also help them trust each other.

The two games Hogan has been back. I reckon he goes into his shell a bit when Hogan is playing. Maybe he feels threatened, at least unconsciously. If I was JL I’d make them go on holiday together during the off-season. Could be disastrous but could also help them trust each other.
I reckon that would be some of the most awkward conversation you will ever see. I actually cringe thinking about it

They need to gel. Signs are there. Another wet game didn’t help. But hopefully the dam will burst open against North. It’s so bloody close for both of them to rip apart games.

Thought the ball movement to the inside 50 was better. Schulz hit up Walters and Tabs a few times.
Cerra missed Hogan on the chest by inches. The delivery is getting there. The application of having Tabs deep or hogan around 30m is spot on. Times tonight where better decision making and kicking, would’ve had Hogan 2-3 goals.
Just how many times do players not lower their eyes and reward Hogan with his leads. Smart footballer, he knows when to go and lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that was a real mature 4 quarter team performance. A very strong sign of our development. Best win of the the year for me. Dominated, held concentration and structure all day. Apart from those two quick reply goals!
Forward line obviously needs work but that will come.

What are the rules regarding grabbing a bloke's jumper? Like you can't do it in a marking contest but during general play is ok? Is that correct?

What are the rules regarding grabbing a bloke's jumper? Like you can't do it in a marking contest but during general play is ok? Is that correct?
I am curious about this as well. I thought Wilson would have got a free for that hold on the neck of his jumper. But no, it was holding the ball.

Excellent team performance. Pretty much all positives except for putting scoreboard pressure on.
Cerra was incredible. Boy has got serious inside game & so clean in the wet.
Even perennial whipping boys Duman & Hughes were excellent & Hill is starting to get some touch back. Cox was great.
Wilson superb & Aish very good.
Vintage Fyfe & Mundy & Andy was clean & hard. Darcy gave a strong contest all night & even kicked a clever goal.
About the only negatives were Shultz holding on to the ball too long & then either kicking backward or bombing it. Also Tabs going back to bad Tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back