Autopsy Freo kids beat the Bulldogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone figured it out who he is yet???
I would put my $$$ on Brendan Foster.

C:\Users\NOEL~1.BEN\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

It is Mr Chris Kowald of the Australian Football Association of North America
http://www.afana.com/drupal5/

I didn't find him, someone else did - more here - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/who-is-this-journo.1162247/page-3#post-49587695

I suffered through watching some of the Port game again to compare our Bullies one. One very obvious difference was that there was a definite drive to move the ball forward rather than switching for switching's sake. We were definitely doing a lot more run and carry and taking the game on. Whether that is personnel or instruction is hard to say. Probably both. And we were a little better at keeping a forward or two in our 50 to be receivers on the fast break.

doesn't really excuse him for his question to The Boss.
I honestly think that was just worded and delivered badly. I think he meant it to be sarcastic. Like "Ross people are saying these things about your style and your team so how do explain this"
He just completely blew the delivery.
I could be wrong but I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to ask that question straight.

I honestly think that was just worded and delivered badly. I think he meant it to be sarcastic. Like "Ross people are saying these things about your style and your team so how do explain this"
I could be wrong but I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to ask that question straight.

I can't believe you are still giving WA "sports journalists" benefit of the doubt! :D

Speaking of classic sports journos, was it just me or was Basil desperately trying to find every free against us that he felt wasn't paid and blathering on about it as he was commentating our game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting. Seven/West have always asked the first question. I thought it was a contractual thing at the press conferences, Mark Stevens is always asking the first question in Melbourne, for example. This time, some no name journo from some no name website asks a loaded question, without context. How did he get to ask the first question?

On a side note, that question made great copy.

I can't believe you are still giving WA "sports journalists" benefit of the doubt! :D

Speaking of classic sports journos, was it just me or was Basil desperately trying to find every free against us that he felt wasn't paid and blathering on about it as he was commentating our game?

Basil is just awful generally. He comments about 5 seconds behind the play consistently. Someone could have kicked a goal and he'd still be 3 possessions back in the chain.

Well yeah, I thought that as well.
Then I thought, yeah, being able to communicate well is not that important to a journalist.

ps: EShed, not having a go at you. Just don't think it's a valid excuse for insulting the entire team.

There was one incident early on where Sandi caught someone high and no free was paid. The guy had basically done the drop to the knees and draw the high tackle but in fairness it was probably 50 / 50. They replayed it and the commentary team basically had a coronial inquiry into it, agreeing that it shoud have been a free.

Fast forward to the last quarter where Son Son went for a mark, was smashed all over the park by the defender, who then basically sat on his head. (It was the passage where Brady picked up the loose ball and kicked a bullet pass to Kersten in the square). No replay, no complaints - play on.

I don't believe we had a bad run with the umpires on Saturday for a change, but I reckon the commentary team thought we were incredibly lucky to end up with a 14 / 14 count. Knobs the lot of them.

It's my take as well. Listening to way the questions were asked gave me the impression he was reading them off a page. Nothing natural about the delivery at all.

It's my take as well. Listening to way the questions were asked gave me the impression he was reading them off a page. Nothing natural about the delivery at all.
Yeah he was totally trying the canvas the question with the media and public rhetoric of the week. As in "you guys have been painted as this, but clearly you don't fit the dominant narrative".
It came out horrendous tho. I reckon RTB took it well coz he knew what the bloke I was trying to say.
Clearly this fella does not have much understanding of the protocol with the other stations, the basic lists of the east coast teams or how to string words together. I think I like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back