Autopsy Freo kids beat the Bulldogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was Toby McLean and the young man is notorious for drawing head high contact. Even though I believe he was legitimately trying to let Sandi get by him and run behind, I can understand an umpire thinking it was a duck and to call play on.
Talking about the Sandi tackle early on? Yeah almost certain it was McLean and I thought he ducked. He did it a few times throughout the game. Drop at the knees as he grabbed the ball. The umpires are right in trying to stop him from doing that - he's clearly just trying to draw a free kick. The Dogs are a good enough team not to rely on drawing frees. Thought the umpiring was pretty good, low and even count 14 - 14. A few questionable calls but hard for either side to complain with a count like that.

I honestly think that was just worded and delivered badly. I think he meant it to be sarcastic. Like "Ross people are saying these things about your style and your team so how do explain this"
He just completely blew the delivery.
I could be wrong but I can't imagine anyone being stupid enough to ask that question straight.
Yeah, he wasn't articulate enough for the question he had in his head.

Had he delivered it better it would have been a fair question.

Hello, well done on the win. I have come to ask, do you know the name of the journalist who just asked Beveridge if he would consider bringing Will Minson into the team? It's important. Thanks.

Apparently the "Journalist" was Steve O'Keefe.

Real stupid question to ask.

I watched the reply last night (well up to 3 quarter time anyway) and really noticed:
Tommy was really good, he was hard at it all night, was there for the handball receive often, and some of his handball gives were perfectly weighted - really impressed.
Also really impressed with Logue - I hadn't seen him much but thought going on reports and his mistakes in the preseason game he would be really raw, but he competed and marked really well. I think he looks really promising and won't take long to get up to speed. Genuine shot at a rising star nomination sooner rather than later, and a smoky to win it.
Grey - wasn't as impressive on watching again, but still good.
Plenty of improvement left in Walters, Fyfe, Lachie Neale etc
Hill combination will only get better as well.
Best part is that we are back in this season - thought after last week we had to pack it in already after 2 rounds. Hopefully we can keep it up and be really competitive all year.

I watched the reply last night (well up to 3 quarter time anyway) and really noticed:

I watched the whole thing. Logue improved the forward line just by being there in the last , in the 3 quarter we missed 3 shots on goal because the forward (2 x sonny 1x mundy ) were outnumbered and deliverer picked the wrong option.

Tommy was really good, he was hard at it all night, was there for the handball receive often, and some of his handball gives were perfectly weighted - really impressed.
Also really impressed with Logue - I hadn't seen him much but thought going on reports and his mistakes in the preseason game he would be really raw, but he competed and marked really well. I think he looks really promising and won't take long to get up to speed. Genuine shot at a rising star nomination sooner rather than later, and a smoky to win it.
Grey - wasn't as impressive on watching again, but still good.
Plenty of improvement left in Walters, Fyfe, Lachie Neale etc
Hill combination will only get better as well.
Best part is that we are back in this season - thought after last week we had to pack it in already after 2 rounds. Hopefully we can keep it up and be really competitive all year.
All good points.

Funnily I was the opposite with Grey, I thought he played fairly well on first viewing. After watching the replay though I thought he was really good. His pressure was right up there (2nd in the team for pressure acts after Mundy, 3rd in tackles after Mundy and Fyfe), got himself into good spots all night and was involved in quite a lot of our goals (5 score involvements). Can't really ask for much more of a bloke playing his 4th game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good points.

Funnily I was the opposite with Grey, I thought he played fairly well on first viewing. After watching the replay though I thought he was really good. His pressure was right up there (2nd in the team for pressure acts after Mundy, 3rd in tackles after Mundy and Fyfe), got himself into good spots all night and was involved in quite a lot of our goals (5 score involvements). Can't really ask for much more of a bloke playing his 4th game.

Admittedly just watched the last quarter and he did a few more good things. He seemed to run out the game well.

Just watched the replay...

Loved Mundy as the third tall.
Kersten & McCarthy are working out their leading patterns, pretty promising.
I really rate Hamling. Also the Logue pick seems interesting - the club is keeping an eye on the pace of the game and the need for key talls. We have two players here that ticks both boxes. I do wonder about Logue's short kicking however, probably something he needs to work on.
I really really hope we don't go after JJ. It's not like we're starved for pace and the guy burns it at every opportunity. Loves a goal but.
Langdon seems to bob up every fourth quarter.
Balic had a weird debut - least possession getter and was pretty bad when he did get it. Probs just nerves. I'd like to see his time on ground.

The first quarter reminded me of when Richmond came here a few years back and completely blitzed us in the first quarter, where every kick was perfect and the ball bounced the right way every time. I think we played out of our skins and the Melbourne game will probs be more realistic. I am excited for the young players getting the opportunity on the MCG though.

Don't think we want to be hurling the sink at JJ either.
Logue's short kicking isn't far off,I think he's capable of pinpoint:cool:
Balic,undoubtedly nerves.
Langdon seems to bob up every fourth quarter.
Reckon he's a bit more available than that;maybe not always used but generally very available.
Playing out of our skins is the new normal.;)

Oh and I forgot to mention Brady Greydy ;) - Bulldogs definitely had no clue who he was and he made them pay for it. There was one piece of play where they tried to chip it over his head; Grey was like lol nope, takes the ball at its highest point then punished them on the turnover with a kick inside 50. He's also got a fair kick and kicked to advantage a lot of the time for our forwards.

Oh and I forgot to mention Brady Greydy ;) - Bulldogs definitely had no clue who he was and he made them pay for it. There was one piece of play where they tried to chip it over his head; Grey was like lol nope, takes the ball at its highest point then punished them on the turnover with a kick inside 50. He's also got a fair kick and kicked to advantage a lot of the time for our forwards.
He is pretty interesting. Doesn't really feel like a role player as such. Seems to have a capacity and will to make things happen. To impose himself. To be a game changer. We need that.

Grey's got a good vertical leap from memory

Yep, from the FFC site: Brady tested exceptionally at the combine. He recorded a 76cm standing vertical jump and a 92cm running vertical jump (ranked 2nd at the combine for both).

Here's the rest of it: His speed and agility were impressive, recording a 3.01 20m, 24.86 repeat speed and 8.47 agility. His endurance was a highlight, too, running a 14.7 beep and a 10.40 3km time trial. Brady possesses tremendous speed and utilises it both offensively and defensively. His ability to take ground balls at top-pace is exceptional. He posseses an excellent vertical leap which allows him to be a marking option when resting forward. Brady is a really tough, competitive kid.

Here's the rest of it: His speed and agility were impressive, recording a 3.01 20m, 24.86 repeat speed and 8.47 agility. His endurance was a highlight, too, running a 14.7 beep and a 10.40 3km time trial. Brady possesses tremendous speed and utilises it both offensively and defensively. His ability to take ground balls at top-pace is exceptional. He posseses an excellent vertical leap which allows him to be a marking option when resting forward. Brady is a really tough, competitive kid.
We have some serious pace in the team that played the Bullies. We need to continue to utilise it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back