Review Freo lose by 7 @Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re half Peel side. Crowden, Schulz, Duman, Watson shouldn’t be out there. JLo can only coach so far.

Harsh on Duman and Watson, I thought they played their role. Probably like to see a few more marks, but they probably know their limitations. Going for the mark and dropping it is a much worse result than punching it out of bounds. We didn't lose because of them.

But our 4 small forwards - Crowden, Schultz, Switta and Walters - jesus. We can't carry them all. Schultz had a great first half - he was one of the few that was hitting targets inside 50. But he dropped away in the 2nd half and effectively we had 4 passengers.

And not enough love for Darcy here. He was epic.

Just out of the ground. Surrounded by arsehole Essendon fans on the train. That *in hurt. They wanted it more at the end.
I felt we found out a lot about our players there. Some good (Brayshaw, Logue) some terrible (Lobb).
I’d love an analysis of turnovers conceded at centre bounces when we initially get hands on the footy - you can write the script.
We get the footy in out hands, try an intricate handballing movement through multiple opposition players, then it’s turned over by the opposition who immediately hoof it inside our forward 50.
Happens probably 10 times a game at this stage. If that’s the best longmuir has to offer I really have my doubts.

You have NFI. The forwardline is functionally well! We’re getting the opportunity to kick a winning score but the blokes trying to kick goals are piss weak. The forwardline coach can’t kick it for them! I wish he could! Hale was a bloody good kick for goal and he (and the other coaches) can’t change the mental strength of these guys, it’s impossible.
Functioning well? Tabs is the only one that has kicked multiple goals. Schulz hasn’t kicked a goal in a month nor has Crowden. Least functioning forward line in the comp

Week in week out. Weak as water management will take it in the jaxie like they always do.
sums it up really.

Freo have always underachieved. 7 times out of 27 Freo have made finals.

As I said had Freo been better run and we had a bit more luck, I am not saying we would of won a flag already but we would of made finals 10-12 times instead of just 7.

Had we not butcher our 1st rounders from 2007-14, dead certain we would of done way better in this rebuild in he last 5-6 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list is the problem: Crowden, Colyer, etc... They're just not good enough.

Walters came back from the summer break fat and it is showing.

This is crazy that we still rely heavily on Mundy

We’re half Peel side. Crowden, Schulz, Duman, Watson shouldn’t be out there. JLo can only coach so far.

I thought Watson was really good. Stood up in 1 on 1s and courageously went back into packs a few times. He's tidy with the ball too, I think he's going to be a good player.

The list is the problem: Crowden, Colyer, etc... They're just not good enough.

Walters came back from the summer break fat and it is showing.

This is crazy that we still rely heavily on Mundy
Walters’ attitude has pissed me off. Somethings gone wrong

If we could capitalise on the opportunities they gave us and the ones we made for ourselves we should have kicked away to a four to six goal win there quite comfortably.

We gave it back at half forward too much, we missed far too many set shots from marks inside fifty.

Sean Darcy has gone to a new level of work rate.

As much as we lost that game ourselves, if the umpires had avoided paying free kicks to a flop from Merrett from slight contact from Acres and the free against Mundy after the Essendon player also flopped inside fifty... Or paid the free to Lobb for being textbook blocked.

That game is three goals around the other way before we start factoring in our own failings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back