Autopsy Freo Lose To North at Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we f**k up in letting Logue go when the few brief moments Cox goes forward he immediately scores and straightens us up?
Yep. Was pretty amused at the fact that Logue was playing the game. Almost a told you so moment.
Cox won't be happy going forward, it's not what he wants. Have to be mindful of that fact. He may do a Logue and opt to move back home to SA.

How do we counter the flood?

What options do we have?

Who can kick from 50?

I'll have a shot at answering this one:

Wilson
Ryan
Clark
Darcy
Treacy

Those are the ones I've seen do it before. Wilson especially has one of the best long penetrating kicks in the AFL. Moving him up to the wing could be used to try and get over the flood.

I'll have a shot at answering this one:

Wilson
Ryan
Clark
Darcy
Treacy

Those are the ones I've seen do it before. Wilson especially has one of the best long penetrating kicks in the AFL. Moving him up to the wing could be used to try and get over the flood.
Be nice to have someone waiting for the handball receive around the 60-70m outside goal and try and create a long kick/goal. None of the half backers want to have a shot or try and get creative. Wilson is a huge kick, so is Clark. Be nice for them to try.

I still have vivid memories of him spilling a sitter in the goal square in a final v Sydney Olympic Park or whatever it's called.
I was down that end of the ground at that game and remember thinking after that moment “we’ve got nothing for when Pav retires”. He’s scraped out a career but we’re in no better place.

I was down that end of the ground at that game and remember thinking after that moment “we’ve got nothing for when Pav retires”. He’s scraped out a career but we’re in no better place.
Felt at the time was really unfair on Tabs that he never should've got on the ground being 22 years old and a Rookie. But yet again list management eh.

Rewatched it 4 times and the siren goes when the ball is about 20cm inside the line.
THIS 'ARC VISION' HAS BEEN CHANGED - THE AUDIO OF THE SIREN HAS BEEN DELAYED! I'M NOT BSing. I HAVE THE MATCH RECORDED AND HAVE GONE BACK AND CHECKED. MY RECORDING HAS THE BALL ABSOLUTELY OVER THE LINE WELL AND TRULY BEFORE YOU HEAR THE SIREN. THIS NEW RELEASE (DIRECTOR'S CUT????!!!) HAS THE SIREN SOUNDING CLEARLY WITH THE BALL IN PLAY. What is going on? I think they are trying to save umpires embarrassment from a huge error. BTW I don't care about the result, Freo deserved to lose.

Last edited:
I always thought the golden rule of the sub was sub out the second ruck, have coaches forgotten this or is my memory wrong on how it used to be used?

Altho JL did say Tabs had "Cramp" to get subbed off

I still don't see how you can conclusively say from this vision the ball was out after the siren.

The league are trying to gaslight us. Even watching that, clearly the ball crosses the line just before the siren.

If the umps had paid it, guarantee you the AFL wouldn't come out and say it was the wrong call.

I was going with the AFL website commentary, apparently the siren went before the boundary ump called out of bounds.
The AFL has a long history of releasing a statement backing up any marginal call as the “correct” one.
If the fee kick has been paid, there would have been a similar statement this morning saying it was correct to pay the free.
They and their reporters on AFL.com.Au are just mouthpieces for the establishment organisation.
There are times when those AFL reporters like Riley Beveridge, Damian Barrett and co remind me of Scientology spokespeople whenever they release a statement on a controversial issue. I never listen to what they have to say in a controversial topic in the sport.

Late in the game, Henry chose a bad option with a centering pass that resulted in a turnover. I can fairly easily excuse/forgive that type of mistake but where I am very critical of him is his followup work after his stuff up ... there was none. He had two opportunities to tackle but chose to stand off both times and Norths slotted an easy goal.

That type of thing will very quickly sour my opinion of a Freo player and I'm sure it does little for his team mates.
Whereas, one of our other players of similar size, Son Son, has on numerous occasions shown desperation to make amends after a mistake. Henry is no Son Son and if Henry wants to become a 150gamer for Freo he needs to address his poor contested football quickly.
Hmmmm. I'm be sure to have a look.

Do we want a ruckman on the bench long-term? We recruited Jackson as a forward/ruck. If he doesn't play that role we have an issue

We really don’t

A lot of safety slogans at work are ideological bullshit but one that has always rung true to me is

YOU ACCEPT THE STANDARDS YOU IGNORE

He’s not performing to AFL standard so out he goes , same as the other players not performing at the required level

No point using it as a development year without the 1st round present at the end

No allowance for names , age , past performance or contract size ….. perform or someone else gets a chance

Get our 10 wins and look to rebound next year with some of these forever questions answered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really don’t

A lot of safety slogans at work are ideological bullshit but one that has always rung true to me is

YOU ACCEPT THE STANDARDS YOU IGNORE

He’s not performing to AFL standard so out he goes , same as the other players not performing at the required level

No point using it as a development year without the 1st round present at the end

No allowance for names , age , past performance or contract size ….. perform or someone else gets a chance

Get our 10 wins and look to rebound next year with some of these forever questions answered
"The standards you walk past are the standards you accept" - Some useless idiot probably

THIS 'ARC VISION' HAS BEEN CHANGED - THE AUDIO OF THE SIREN HAS BEEN DELAYED! I'M NOT BSing. I HAVE THE MATCH RECORDED AND HAVE GONE BACK AND CHECKED. MY RECORDING HAS THE BALL ABSOLUTELY OVER THE LINE WELL AND TRULY BEFORE YOU HEAR THE SIREN. THIS NEW RELEASE (DIRECTOR'S CUT????!!!) HAS THE SIREN SOUNDING CLEARLY WITH THE BALL IN PLAY. What is going on? I think they are trying to save umpires embarrassment from a huge error. BTW I don't care about the result, Freo deserved to lose.

You are absolutely correct. Those corrupt mongrels have gone and edited the audio and advanced the siren sounding.
Stupid and incriminating (not that they care) because you can still go to the match replay (and the last 2 minutes) video on the AFL website which has the original audio.
And to anybody in doubt, look at the player reactions. They match up with the audio as expected in the original video ... in this ARC footage there is an obvious 1 second delay between the siren starting and the players reactiing to the siren.

Again, I can deal with a bad decision (hardened Freo supporters learn to live with that), it's this unnecessary coverup junk BS that really annoys me.

I still don't see how you can conclusively say from this vision the ball was out after the siren.

1) it was conclusively out when the siren went
2) the afl lied

3) it isn't out until the ump says it is out
4) the game isn't over until the umpire says it is over

5) the ground ump should have ask the boundary umpire for his call before declaring the game over

6) it is not only amateur hour but corrupt

What’s his point? Taberner is slightly better than a 20 year old and 19 year old? You’d hope so! The point is he’s well below average for his age and experience.
I think his point was that we don't need, in addition to three threads, every other one sabotaged with 'Tab bad' comments. Give us your alternatives and changes. Back up the Neanderthal comments with something constructive. It's not like we have Ryan Murphy or Kiwi Campbell in the seconds kicking bags of goals. We have Treacy and Amiss who've looked completely lost and unable to get a touch.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are absolutely correct. Those corrupt mongrels have gone and edited the audio and advanced the siren sounding.
Stupid and incriminating (not that they care) because you can still go to the match replay (and the last 2 minutes) video on the AFL website which has the original audio.
And to anybody in doubt, look at the player reactions. They match up with the audio as expected in the original video ... in this ARC footage there is an obvious 1 second delay between the siren starting and the players reactiing to the siren.

Again, I can deal with a bad decision (hardened Freo supporters learn to live with that), it's this unnecessary coverup junk BS that really annoys me.
Yeah, what in the * is that footage, that audio is ccompletely different to the game replay. What in the * is going on here?

It's even more annoying because while most of us a pissed off at the reffing, I dont think one Freo supporter gives a s**t given how crap we were. We didnt deserve to win or draw (and Hughes isnt kicking a goal from there anyway) so what's with this bullshit?

Phew, glad we got a number of games against sides that didn’t make the 8 last season to open the season before we get to the good teams.

Season is over before it has barely begun. Pessimistic? Nah, realistic.

Don’t care about the deliberate out of bounds, Freo kicked 7 goals last week and 10 this week, game has moved on, Freo haven’t.

Just want to know what in the * part of this is conclusive at all. And also what the * is stopping them from reviewing it? They can review a mark after the umpires have already given him the all clear to kick the goal and then remove the goal, but they can't review the last play of the game???

Field umpire Paul Rebeschini as Howe kicked the ball: “Yours. Pay it.”

Findlay: “Yep.”

Multiple umpires: “Siren. Siren. Siren. Siren’s gone.”

Pearce: “It’s deliberate.”

Findlay: “The siren went before it went out of bounds.”

Pearce: “You’re dead sure?”

Findlay: “That’s the call we’ve made.”

Pearce: “Can you check?”

Findlay to boundary umpire: “Yep. Did the siren go before it went out of bounds?”

Boundary umpire: “I couldn’t be sure of it. I couldn’t hear it.”

Findlay: “Yep, no worries.”

Pearce: “You’ve got to be able to check.”

Findlay: “Nah, nah. There’s no check. We can consult but that’s it.”

North Melbourne midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke: “It’s over. The ball’s in play.”

North Melbourne co-captain Luke McDonald: “Game over?”

Findlay: “Over, yep.”

McDonald: “Game over!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back