Autopsy Freo lose to the Giants 77-95

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah your right I'm happy that a starting midfielder with years of AFL experience got 11 possessions.. It's rubbish for the amount of time he is on the field.
He should be at 22 poss. then he'd have created 6 opportunities. It's not good enough but you keep defending him. How about the others I mentioned? They good too?

malpaso. Do you go to the games or watch it on TV and pour over the stats on your smart phone as soon as the game is finished. Of course it matters how many minutes a player is on the ground so that shows up your lack of knowledge of the game.

Last edited:

Yeah your right I'm happy that a starting midfielder with years of AFL experience got 11 possessions.. It's rubbish for the amount of time he is on the field.
He should be at 22 poss. then he'd have created 6 opportunities. It's not good enough but you keep defending him. How about the others I mentioned? They good too?
Of course the others are good and Ross and the match committee who know more about the game pick them to play and if the coach is happy with them so am I. Suggest you stop being a know all and look at things objectively

Last edited:
  1. I wouldn't say the Walter's goal was "attributable" to him though. It started with Hughes, who did a great kick over the top of three GWS players for Barlow to take a really good mark, who then hand-balled to Suban who kicked (with no pressure on him) out in front of Walters inside 50. It was Hughes' kick that penetrated their defence, and Barlow's mark that created the score. We had another player close to Suban who could have been the link-up to Walters if required.
Given the way our team usually delivers the ball into the forward line I don't think it's fair to ever downplay a kick out in space to a leading forward as 'just link-up up play that anyone could have done'.

Thanks for replying. If the process is about getting games into youngsters then agreed. That is the only positive to take and obviously the only positive that is required when looking forward.

To say we're are getting better isn't right. We're so far from that comment 'getting better' loses all meaning.

What we're doing is exposing. From exposing comes understanding. Once they understand they can grow and once they grow they can apply to a high standard. How long that process takes is anyones guess, but 50 games is usually when you see that next big step up.

No worries about replying. Manners. It won't take 50 games for us to be competitive. That is how I see it. You see it differently. Fine. The thing will play itself out and we'll see.

Given the way our team usually delivers the ball into the forward line I don't think it's fair to ever downplay a kick out in space to a leading forward as 'just link-up up play that anyone could have done'.
Check it out on smart replay and you'll see what mean. Like I said Suban did what he needed to but he didn't create the goal as it was inferred.

When we brought in Bennall and Yarran I expected a premiership, ( we were again that close last year, just needed a few extra goals ) it turns out Yarran is not match fit and injured again, and Bennall has a serious calf ailment, something has gone terribly wrong for us to be where we are to now be in rebuild. I no they don't give premiereships away but we should have had one over the last few seasons.

Yup I iike to include bennell as one of ins. It's 5 wks so I'm trusting it. Got my fingers crossed. Yarran was a role of the dice more. Bonus to me if he plays for us. Maybe we could have won one. We did well to be here. Who would have thought that the filthy mongrel mitchell would take fyfe out though. I reckon sandi nailed the deal. We had no option then. We were in rebuild of necessity. It's how quickly we can become competitive again. People differ of course. The highest estimate I've seen is 50.

No worries about replying. Manners. It won't take 50 games for us to be competitive. That is how I see it. You see it differently. Fine. The thing will play itself out and we'll see.

Yeah I also hope it doesn't take 50 games and don't believe it will. So long as we still have some of our older core players we will be fine.

What I meant was once Weller, Blakely, Crozier, Pearce, Hughes, Langdon, Tucker, Grey to a lesser degree Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Taberner, Bennell get another 50 games into them, then they should truly know the structures, be physically stronger have been exposed to different games scenarios etc.

From that point is when we will either know if we can challenge or not. Right now it's obviously hope. I'm fairly confident some of the above will carve out some regular football and further develop. I'm also not stupid and some of the above mentioned just won't progress as hoped. I'm also smart enoguh to know players like Yarran, Apeness, Smith etc could add plenty or nothing at all.

It's all an exciting curve in our football.

I'm confident we can get back to finals next year, but the term challenge for a flag? Hopefully from 2018 onwards as we start our next wave. Next Year? I think it would be remarkable to go back to top 4.

Jesus Christ do you ever type anything else?
Yes I do and what is your problem with that what part of what I posted offends you ?

If you have a problem with what I post then report me to a mid or use the "Ignore" function.

Yes I do and what is your problem with that what part of what I posted offends you ?

If you have a problem with what I post then report me to a mid or use the "Ignore" function.

Doesn't offend me, it's just stupid and boring.

People are allowed to have opinions that differ to yours, and going to watch the game in person doesn't give you any special insight. Suban is a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe everyone should ignore you then because some of your posts are rubbish and other posts you have a go at people if you disagree with them.

We're just s**t and getting used to going out of a defensive game setup because of a few rule changes which work to our detriment. Mainly the standard of deliberate being lowered which is how we work (win at stockages).

Richmond are suffering the same ordeal because they do the exact same thing. Also, we have some passengers too.

Walters 7 clangers for the game.
Game high by a mile.
Less diving and show boating more concentration

I was amazed at how bad Son-Son was at kicking all night, don't think I've ever seen him shank so many kicks so badly.

Hopefully it was a one off and he isn't hurt or something...

Agree about the lairising too, if he just went at it hard he's so damn good he'd kill it, no need for the histrionics...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back