Autopsy Freo lose to the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

502965_cebf7eba94b83fc01c1ecbd11dafb9cb.PNG

Just looking at this.
Really interesting the heat maps for Walters, Cerra and Neale.

So localised suggesting not much movement...or a lack of variety in the ball movement.

Interesting looking at the maps of Cunnington and Jacobs.
Their work suggests a pattern of ball movement that different to ours

It's bizarre that we have Hale and Guerra in the coaching ranks. Both played in a 6 man 'traditional' forward set-up that won their club 3 Premiership. They move to Perth and all of a sudden they both believe throwing 18 blokes behind the ball and turning gun mids into Back-pocket plumbers is the way forward. It's insane.

Have you ever been an assistant coach?

Have an inkling this may not necessarily be their idea.

WHat should be happening now is that Switkowski, Logue, Darcy, Taberner and Dixon should be playing instead of Ballantyne, Johnson, Sandi (or with him) and as the first and second talls.

Brad Hill should be covering a wing.
We're still thin on the ground for talent and we have a heap pf injuries in key spots that aren't helping.

We've lost all flow moving forward as Taberner had the height and the tank to both bey a key target and a link man.

I've no doubt that Johnson Ballantyne, Danyle Pearce and possible Mundy and Sandi will be gone soon.
Just have to persist

I reckon Mundy is the best of the lot and still has a season or two more in him. He is still really delivering. The others though...

Im pretty surprised at the intensity of some of the reactions here.
As I see it.
Final score was as predicted.
Young kids got another tough physical game into them.
Using Darling as an example, its taken years and years for him to come on, expecting Cox and McCarthy to match the output of Kennedy /Darling is pie in the sky stuff.

No, it hasn't. Darling kicked 24 goals in his debut season, and 53 goals in his 2nd season.

Of course, it absolutely helps Darling's figures that he's never had to play under a Ross Lyon forward structure.

- Neale & Matera had a mare
I seriously dont even understand anymore....matera was listed as one of our best....like WTF?....Seriously, if he actually played well then i would hate to see a bad game!
maybe they asked "so who were our best?" and someone replied "Brennan" and they thought they said "Brandon" ;)

Neale is probably the one player in the club that has literally no excuse - he’s not too old, too inexperienced, coming back from injury or just arriving here from another club.

He’s doing very little with his disposals and doesn’t seem to be making incredible decisions either.

He’s not playing out of position is he? I just can’t fathom what’s up with him.

Neale is probably the one player in the club that has literally no excuse - he’s not too old, too inexperienced, coming back from injury or just arriving here from another club.

He’s doing very little with his disposals and doesn’t seem to be making incredible decisions either.

Add his complete lack of interest. He was jogging around and not running to any contests. Was very disappointing to watch

Maybe he's had it with the club and doesn't want to be at Freo' anymore. The clubs in Adelaide are most likely looking more stable at the moment and are in his managers ear. The series of self-ownage events surrounding our club plus media driven criticisms has put what started as a bright season into bleak times. What's the feeling like behind closed doors?

I'm glad we moved on the role players but might have been handy holding on to just one or two - De Boer/Barlow for that inside-mid agro and tackling. Maybe Silvagni in defence just for the headbutts. Blegh.

DeBoer should have been kept over Suban and Pearce - that was just dumb list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he's had it with the club and doesn't want to be at Freo' anymore. The clubs in Adelaide are most likely looking more stable at the moment and are in his managers ear. The series of self-ownage events surrounding our club plus media driven criticisms has put what started as a bright season into bleak times. What's the feeling like behind closed doors?

Adelaide just copped a 100 point flogging.:rolleyes:

Are you seriously having a crack at Lachie Neale? He has had some great games this year and a great couple of all australian type seasons at least, yet you are potting him. I am sure Lachie can't fathom your analysis

I think the rebuild narrative has officially exploded now. I remember how bad things were before Lyon but I am failing to see a clear direction for the club at the moment. I could delude myself with a "it's darkest before dawn" fantasy - but if the club can't develop a functioning forward line - even with injuries - and persist in playing some veterans that add nothing - then this is just another wasted season. Lyons defensive strategy and tactics is iffy at times especially when chasing a score. He is a good coach but is Lyon able to adapt at all? Clearly finals is becoming out of reach. Must be disheartening for Fyfe, Walters and co to watch their hard work go unrewarded. Perhaps it's time for fresh blood in the coaching department after all.

Did you expect Fremantle to make the finals on the back of drafting at least 10 new players, which is almost an quarter of the squad? We are playing alot of first year players, so I expected us to struggle to match last years wins of 8, especially when injuries hit some of our senior players, which inevitably happens. Developing players is not waste. Though if the talent is not there we may just be unrealistic. Look at St Kilda. By and large we have played well and competitively at home, not away. That takes development and talent and we have just started with 10 new draftees this year. No guarantees. Scoring is down over the whole competition. Look at Clarkson this week. He played 8 players behind the ball. You do what you have to do to have the best chance at winning and that does not necessarily mean glorious soft shootouts

Did you expect Fremantle to make the finals on the back of drafting at least 10 new players, which is almost an quarter of the squad? We are playing alot of first year players, so I expected us to struggle to match last years wins of 8, especially when injuries hit some of our senior players, which inevitably happens. Developing players is not waste. Though if the talent is not there we may just be unrealistic. Look at St Kilda. By and large we have played well and competitively at home, not away. That takes development and talent and we have just started with 10 new draftees this year. No guarantees. Scoring is down over the whole competition. Look at Clarkson this week. He played 8 players behind the ball. You do what you have to do to have the best chance at winning and that does not necessarily mean glorious soft shootouts

But we're the only club who plays a 7 man defence and players behind the ball.;):rolleyes:

Are you seriously having a crack at Lachie Neale? He has had some great games this year and a great couple of all australian type seasons at least, yet you are potting him. I am sure Lachie can't fathom your analysis

Why take it personally? First post I’ve ever criticised Neale actually.

I don’t think he’s maintaining intensity, he’s handballing to players under pressure but when his man receives it he’s jogging 2 metres behind him. Why not be harsh on our elite players when they’re underperforming? He’s a Top 5 player at this club and can improve a great deal more.

Let them come in and be respectful. It’s been a something that has happened ever since I’ve been on BF and it shouldn’t stop owing to a couple of snowflakes throwing their toys out of the cot.

Snowflake, that's a good one
You've been on BF more than a decade and been a mod and you still can't spot condescension from the supporter of a pissant club who is on here within 15 minutes of beating us. Just because you don't get it unless someone smacks you over the head with a hammer, doesn't mean we're all as thick as you.
Do us a favour and leave the board to people that still care about the club. You gave up years ago, piss off back to the Bay where you can joke about how s**t we are

Are you seriously for real? Yea he accumulates the ball but he has always had trouble with disposing it effectively. A hospital hand pass or a long kick that ends up in a turnover is called an effective disposal on the stat sheet but there is a reason Oppo players sit back and let him get his hands on it.

Are you seriously for real? Yea he accumulates the ball but he has always had trouble with disposing it effectively. A hospital hand pass or a long kick that ends up in a turnover is called an effective disposal on the stat sheet but there is a reason Oppo players sit back and let him get his hands on it.

What would Lachie get us in a trade? Late first? What is his value when we say we'd take that for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back