Autopsy Freo lose to the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

What would Lachie get us in a trade? Late first? What is his value when we say we'd take that for him?
If some one was offering that for him then Id say thanks for your time Mate but.

Swinging-saloon-doors-hit-kid.gif

If some one was offering that for him then Id say thanks for your time Mate but.

Swinging-saloon-doors-hit-kid.gif

I doubt we'd do better. Tom Mitchell is a superior version of Neale and the hawks got him for pick 14

Did you expect Fremantle to make the finals on the back of drafting at least 10 new players, which is almost an quarter of the squad? We are playing alot of first year players, so I expected us to struggle to match last years wins of 8, especially when injuries hit some of our senior players, which inevitably happens. Developing players is not waste. Though if the talent is not there we may just be unrealistic. Look at St Kilda. By and large we have played well and competitively at home, not away. That takes development and talent and we have just started with 10 new draftees this year. No guarantees. Scoring is down over the whole competition. Look at Clarkson this week. He played 8 players behind the ball. You do what you have to do to have the best chance at winning and that does not necessarily mean glorious soft shootouts

Cool story.

Re-read my post you quoted (if you even bothered to read it fully) and see how it actually relates to what you've smashed out on the keyboard.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is but if you want you create an apologia for the Freo coaching department then go for it.

Last edited:
Adelaide just copped a 100 point flogging.:rolleyes:

Yes they did and it was great for my tipping and multi I had.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

I hardly see how that's relevant to my point though.

If you don't think both Adelaide clubs aren't sounding his Neale's manager or have had then your dreaming.

It's the same for Freo' checking out if Ben Brown or Jesse Hogan.They'd be mad not to.

I was at the game and I saw us win the first Q, virtually level peg the next, then not surprisingly get 2 kicks behind in the third, and get within 3 points of North with around 13 minutes to go in the last. All this despite being a very ill-assorted team in terms and age and experience. Of course they need to gel but be realistic, it'll take time regardless of whatever game plan.

We lost Sandi at the worst possible momentum moment and copped some fate-sealing umpiring decisions into the bargain. Brayshaw and Banfield got themselves back into the contest time and again, despite one being 18 and the other getting repeatedly punched off the ball. I just hope they don't read the bagging going on here. Hammer did a great job on Brown a week back from concussion. Langdon gave the chase of the year. Cox had more involvement in this game than the last, he is building. As Tabs did.

Ryan demonstrated why he was such a super get, Mundy trumped age with class. Despite some nightmare weeks, Cam turned up. Every game Cerra consolidates his presence that important little bit more.

Don't eat your young, people. The players need support, not to be put to the crowd sword.

Freo are my team and I'm sticking by them.
Thank you so much for putting into words exactly what I was thinking. We can't win every game and supporter should realise that.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe he's had it with the club and doesn't want to be at Freo' anymore. The clubs in Adelaide are most likely looking more stable at the moment and are in his managers ear. The series of self-ownage events surrounding our club plus media driven criticisms has put what started as a bright season into bleak times. What's the feeling like behind closed doors?
I don't think Crows' huge loss to Demons would be very attractive to Neale.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe he's had it with the club and doesn't want to be at Freo' anymore. The clubs in Adelaide are most likely looking more stable at the moment and are in his managers ear. The series of self-ownage events surrounding our club plus media driven criticisms has put what started as a bright season into bleak times. What's the feeling like behind closed doors?
C'mon NiGHTFuRY I thought you were better than this mate.

Snowflake, that's a good one
You've been on BF more than a decade and been a mod and you still can't spot condescension from the supporter of a pissant club who is on here within 15 minutes of beating us. Just because you don't get it unless someone smacks you over the head with a hammer, doesn't mean we're all as thick as you.
Do us a favour and leave the board to people that still care about the club. You gave up years ago, piss off back to the Bay where you can joke about how s**t we are
So whenever somebody gives us a condolence “good game better luck next time” comment after a game, they are actually taking the piss out of us?

My god, I’m glad I don’t live in your headspace.

Chill out and get off your high horse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what Neale was doing working so far back into defence last week. We don't want him on the half back flank defending. Neale should be working more forward than back. He can be a dangerous around goal.

There were tears of blood on here when Lachie was out of contract and the thought was he might go home to SA. Now theres some on here hoping he does go. It would be s**t to be a Freo player with the fickle nature of some of our supporters.

If we were forced to go full-on scorched earth rebuild he would have to be one of the only one's with currency we could afford to lose, the rest either have no currency or we can't replace them.
But it's hypothetical because we aren't going scorched earth as far as I can see, and I don't think we'd get enough for him to make it worthwhile. But virtually every player is tradeable if the price is right.

If we were forced to go full-on scorched earth rebuild he would have to be one of the only one's with currency we could afford to lose, the rest either have no currency or we can't replace them.
But it's hypothetical because we aren't going scorched earth as far as I can see, and I don't think we'd get enough for him to make it worthwhile. But virtually every player is tradeable if the price is right.

I dunno.
Something has change with Neale. He's not getting enough attacking ball or being dangerous around goals. He had that a few years ago

So whenever somebody gives us a condolence “good game better luck next time” comment after a game, they are actually taking the piss out of us?

My god, I’m glad I don’t live in your headspace.

Chill out and get off your high horse.

It's all about context.
If last years premier or some other team that is clearly superior beats us, it MIGHT be acceptable as one of there supporters to go the Freo board and pat us on the head with a few platitudes, as long as you aren't being a dick about it.
If you are from a team that is in the same boat as us, or worse than us, then you're out of line.
If you are an Eagle, you should never do it.

I dunno.
Something has change with Neale. He's not getting enough attacking ball or being dangerous around goals. He had that a few years ago

Is it him or the role? He's not being rotated up forward as much. He's playing a more accountable negating ole on opponents at times. Part of it is probably the domino effect of Fyfe back in the team, and how that effects the roles of the other mids.

DeBoer should have been kept over Suban and Pearce - that was just dumb list management.
I was more pissed of we turfed out Barlow to be honest. We played him out of position and put him in a forward flank rather than an inside mid.

De Boer was serviceable. Maybe we would of Kept him as a depth player. I wanted Clancee Pearce to stay but then we had Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce and Langdon in the team. Brad Hill was going to join us and that would of limited Clancees chances even more.

I will say this. Looking back in 2012.... Yes we were averaging 80-85 points a game or 12 goals a game. Yet guys like Nic Suban, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Tendai Mzungu were contributing on the score board kicking 10-15 goals each.

DeBoer should have been kept over Suban and Pearce - that was just dumb list management.
I was more pissed of we turfed out Barlow to be honest. We played him out of position and put him in a forward flank rather than an inside mid.

De Boer was serviceable. Maybe we would of Kept him as a depth player. I wanted Clancee Pearce to stay but then we had Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce and Langdon in the team. Brad Hill was going to join us and that would of limited Clancees chances even more.

I will say this. Looking back in 2012.... Yes we were averaging 80-85 points a game or 12 goals a game. Yet guys like Nic Suban, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Tendai Mzungu were contributing on the score board kicking 10-15 goals each.

He has now lost that and only one tackle this week and from memory only one last week,
0 last week. It was 1 the week before. So, 2 tackles in 3 games.

Pathetic really. Considering he also went goalless it's pretty clear he's cooked.

Can't really be upset at him, he's certainly got the most out of his talents. 2012-2014 he was one of the best small forwards in the comp. But, he's so far off that player it's almost a shame to see him now. The stats alone are telling; he's gone from 3.4 tackles per game last year to 1.6 in 2018. He hasn't kicked more than 2 goals in any game this year and gone goalless three times.

The end comes quickly for some. I just can't see him being best 22 in any AFL side anymore.

Did you expect Fremantle to make the finals on the back of drafting at least 10 new players, which is almost an quarter of the squad? We are playing alot of first year players, so I expected us to struggle to match last years wins of 8, especially when injuries hit some of our senior players, which inevitably happens. Developing players is not waste. Though if the talent is not there we may just be unrealistic. Look at St Kilda. By and large we have played well and competitively at home, not away. That takes development and talent and we have just started with 10 new draftees this year. No guarantees. Scoring is down over the whole competition. Look at Clarkson this week. He played 8 players behind the ball. You do what you have to do to have the best chance at winning and that does not necessarily mean glorious soft shootouts
I agree with most of this, except the "we are playing a lot of first year players" is a bit of a myth.

Last weekend Brayshaw, Cerra and Banfield were first-year players. We also played Daniel Pearce, Sandilands, Mundy, Ballentyne and Johnson who are all over 30. So, we are playing almost twice the amount of 'veterans' as 1st-year players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back