Autopsy Freo lose v Hawks Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt smashed in the contest. Actually felt like the Adelaide game where we just had nothing around the ball on Hawks aren't great and couldn't put us away until late.

Logue showed a bit more dash and some one touch skill.

Darcy competed but twice kicking into the man is a bit school boy error.

It was an important loss to go further up the draft pick table! Could end up with a top 5 pick and after watching Naughton today wouldn't be afraid to see us blow it early on that kid, although we really need a KPF and Hayes could be around at pick 5. But Naughton looked sublime today in the only performance I have seen of him and I'd imagine his profile will only improve.

As fans we are waiting and willing to go through the pains of a rebuild but we need to be trying different things. The we will make the square peg fit the round hole eventually plan is difficult to bear

Well that was going just as I expected, then the 4th qtr happened, sigh.
Not shocked, not upset, find it hard to care tbh, Iv had the passion from day one but its been fading in recent years, games like this don't help.
Hard times ahead, maybe the hardest the club has seen, scary stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did what we always do and bomb the ball long and almost never put it to advantage. We fell over at important contests and as a result the Hawks just walked it in with little to no pressure. It was so frustrating to watch.

We need to practice the basics. We need to practice skills. We need to practice goal kicking. We need to fix how we take the ball inside 50. We need to fix how we pressure and tackle the ball carrier instead of being sucked in and them getting an easy clearance with a handball over the top.

We won't fix anything this season and the rest of it will suck.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have seen zero evidence since what... late 2015 that Ross's game plan has kept up with how the game is now played and umpired.

Felt smashed in the contest. Actually felt like the Adelaide game where we just had nothing around the ball on Hawks aren't great and couldn't put us away until late.

Logue showed a bit more dash and some one touch skill.

Darcy competed but twice kicking into the man is a bit school boy error.

It was an important loss to go further up the draft pick table! Could end up with a top 5 pick and after watching Naughton today wouldn't be afraid to see us blow it early on that kid, although we really need a KPF and Hayes could be around at pick 5. But Naughton looked sublime today in the only performance I have seen of him and I'd imagine his profile will only improve.
Worst part is we will * up the draft pick anyway

Don't want to spend all day listing negatives so here are the positives
Blakely was good again, probably BOG for us
Darcy had a huge performance, faded out late but with another preseason he'll be the best 19 year old ruckman ever
Logue had a couple exciting moments, still looks very unsure at times
Suban won't be on our list next year

64 disposals between Jack Gunston and James Sicily :eek: How does that happen? They're huge numbers.

Logue showed some fight though which was good and Mr Darcy is awesome. Blakely is a brute and Weller tried hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back