Autopsy Freo lose v Hawks Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats happened to mundy being the deepest forward in the forward line. Since rd 8 he hasnt been down there. We played our best footy when he or fyfe have been playing as our deepest forward as it gives drags the 2nd and 3rd defenders to mccarthy and kersten. And mundy and fyfe can at least make the ball come to ground.
I think Mundy was down there at times but he looked slow and lethargic at times. But you're right, the best game I've seen this year was against Melbourne and Mundy was the difference and not coincidentally Cam & Shane had their best or close to outings in purple.

Winning doesn't matter at this point. Its actually much better we lose and get a crack at pick 3 or thereabouts.
What matters is intent and education. Games like tonight show the players where the bar is & provided everyone learns from it its all good.
There are some pretty decent players on the pine and some pretty poor ones out there they will replace. Fyfe is still a way off where he can be.

What is worrying is Lyon's continuing to be out-coached by Clarkson but its possible to make the case that Lyon has never had the players available to him to execute a style that can match it with them.

Our forward line is a joke but all it really needs is a SMART solid marking target and Bennell. The rest of the pieces fall into place reasonably easy once you have a couple of keys. If you put Joe Daniher or JK in there it would smarten up very quickly. McCarthy is clever and hard working & he just needs time and some better pieces around him. The non-selection of Taberner is puzzling, really, without Cox and Ryan available to select surely we needed someone who can lead up, create a contest.

Thought Logue really showed some signs he's going to be very good which is a big relief. He's coming on in leaps and bounds every game.
Hughes is another who can really play and is finding himself at the level. Nyhuis is going to be a great little back pocket type. Weller is a slow build but I think he has a really high ceiling. Brad Hill was super tonight, Stephen showed glimpses as did Fyfe.
Hamling is a 10 year full back and if Alex Pearce makes it back and stays fit we have a great defensive spine.

Blakely is amazing. If you want something to cheer you up imagine how much grief it causes Eagles fans when they realise they took Lamb over him.

Blakely is a super star - he really kills a lot of the pain.

Winning doesn't matter at this point. Its actually much better we lose and get a crack at pick 3 or thereabouts.
What matters is intent and education. Games like tonight show the players where the bar is & provided everyone learns from it its all good.
There are some pretty decent players on the pine and some pretty poor ones out there they will replace. Fyfe is still a way off where he can be.

What is worrying is Lyon's continuing to be out-coached by Clarkson but its possible to make the case that Lyon has never had the players available to him to execute a style that can match it with them.

Our forward line is a joke but all it really needs is a SMART solid marking target and Bennell. The rest of the pieces fall into place reasonably easy once you have a couple of keys. If you put Joe Daniher or JK in there it would smarten up very quickly. McCarthy is clever and hard working & he just needs time and some better pieces around him. The non-selection of Taberner is puzzling, really, without Cox and Ryan available to select surely we needed someone who can lead up, create a contest.

Thought Logue really showed some signs he's going to be very good which is a big relief. He's coming on in leaps and bounds every game.
Hughes is another who can really play and is finding himself at the level. Nyhuis is going to be a great little back pocket type. Weller is a slow build but I think he has a really high ceiling. Brad Hill was super tonight, Stephen showed glimpses as did Fyfe.
Hamling is a 10 year full back and if Alex Pearce makes it back and stays fit we have a great defensive spine.

Blakely is amazing. If you want something to cheer you up imagine how much grief it causes Eagles fans when they realise they took Lamb over him.

Agree with most, but I'd need to go so deep to find anything positive to say about Stephen Hill I'd need a wetsuit and a diver's helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very disappointed...at least last week we were competitive although inaccurate. This week we gave in with barely a whimper. Sigh

only positive was Blakely. Fyfes body language in the last sucked too.

Positives - 2/3 of the ground we are good
Negatives - 1/3 of the ground we are not

Our defensive structures hold up but seriously how many turnovers can we give the opposition on a weekly basis. 18 of their 23 scores were from TURNOVERS! Turnovers will kill any team and ours were compounded tonight with allowing so many uncontested possessions to the Hawks.

I don't know what goes through our players' heads but they continue to kick to a teammate that is outnumbered and with no advantage in the kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah great summary and couldn't agree more on your points about getting another high end draft pick and the bit about Lyon and Clarkson. Clarkos def had his measure but I ll reserve my judgement on that until like you say ,Lyon has a team that can match it with clarkos hawks in terms of talent and balance.

What needs to be remembered too is hawthorn still had the likes of hodge Burgoyne Mcvoy Roughead out there tonight, their experienced cores always been better than ours and most of those guys won't be around next couple years

Good game from logue, blakely and improvement from kersten. How tabs can't get a game in this deplorable forward line is beyond me. I pray we r tanking, as we are showing no signs of improvement. We don't spread quick enough, constantly kick backward with nowhere to go, and our forwards never get separation. I'm blaming our coaches ATM. Very, very poor.

Agree with most, but I'd need to go so deep to find anything positive to say about Stephen Hill I'd need a wetsuit and a diver's helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah don't what the go is there is definitely struggling big time,seems not 100% but he keeps putting his hand up for selection and they keep picking him so I guess he s got to shoulder a lot of the blame for his poor recent/ongoing output

Yeah don't what the go is there is definitely struggling big time,seems not 100% but he keeps putting his hand up for selection and they keep picking him so I guess he s got to shoulder a lot of the blame for his poor recent/ongoing output

Putting his hand up for selection is what he's paid to do.

Selecting a team that can win a game is what the coaches are paid to do.

So if they're continuing to select someone they know is injured it's 100% on the coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back