Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Have a read of this !

Some quotes:

West Coast, which made a $3 million profit, returned $2.4 million to the WAFC. But Fremantle finished 2001 with a loss of about $1.8 million.

Yet they write this:

"While West Coast have been fantastic in meeting their obligations, their return wasn't up to projections , while Fremantle just didn't meet expectations," Bradshaw said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The eagles made a $3mln profit in one of their worst seasons ever, yet are being criticised along the same lines as freo? We are being blamed for the cost cutting? Now damn me sidesways if i'm wrong here, but aren't the eagles the only reason the WAFC and Freo aren't falling deeper and deeper into dept?

I think its about time the WAFC acknowledge the monetary contributions the eagles have made to their incompetent organisation, and more importantly its time the WAFC dealt with freo.

You gotta understand the popularity of the WAFL.

I remember a while ago when it was very popular, lots of people went to the games, and now the only games that really get decent crowds are the finals.

The more people that go to games, the more money they will start making.

And evcourse Freo and WCE are going to have a vested interest in keeping the WAFL alive because this is where a lot of there up and coming young stars are going to be born.

Just like Perth Glory spent a lot of money the other week in making up the younger teams for the suburban leagues. Teams need to look to the future for stars, and it costs them to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back