Analysis Freo Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
How are these numbers calculated?? We don't have 50,000 come to games, so is it Freagles, interstate members etc??
And would you want your money back if games don't go ahead coz of Corona ?

Fremantle Dockers membership tracking strongly despite coronavirus threat
Headshot of Mark Duffield

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Thursday, 12 March 2020 10:39AM
Mark Duffield

Freo’s membership is building nicely.
Freo’s membership is building nicely. Credit: Jackson Flindell/The Sunday Times

Fremantle chief executive Simon Garlick says Dockers’ membership is on track to reach 50,000 and ahead of the same time last year despite the threat of games being shut to the public because of the coronavirus threat.
Speaking at Fremantle’s season launch at Optus Stadium yesterday, Garlick described the situation as “fast moving and pretty fluid”.

I think the membership count includes those who don't have tickets to every game. There is a category of membership that only has a three game ticket for instance.

And not every "full season" member gets to every game. We try to but the logistics of the 800km round trip from Albany combined with other commitments means there are one or two every year we miss.

Seems odd as Richmond say they have 100,000 or so, but that can be made up of all sorts of memberships. They should list full time, interstate etc as it’s misleading imo

See the toast have announced 90,000 plus memberships. What does it all mean, especially if the games are being played in front of no crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Ross the Boss on a podcast claimed that Fremantle has the second highest profit from Memberships in the AFL.

Of course it would be. The price we pay compared to Victorian clubs is absurd. They treat memberships like $100 commodities, not $1000. People in Melbourne think it is expensive to pay $600 for a full MCC membership that gets you into as many games as you want in the best seats of the house.

Of course it would be. The price we pay compared to Victorian clubs is absurd. They treat memberships like $100 commodities, not $1000. People in Melbourne think it is expensive to pay $600 for a full MCC membership that gets you into as many games as you want in the best seats of the house.
At this stage I don't begrudge Freo FC the $700 I pay for (concession) membership with excellent seat. Despite (or maybe because of) being on a limited income, I choose to support my club in this way. There's not a lot else that's in my gift to bestow, after all.
By the same reasoning, also at this stage I have no plans to seek or accept a part refund if we have to be locked out of games. COVID's not the club's fault.

I pay a full membership fee despite getting to 1 game a year MAX.

I am lucky enough to be in a position to support the club financially without the need for attending games. Vic clubs just about give away memberships. Actually, they do.

The Bulldogs gave away 3 game memberships to VU students when I was doing my undergrad there in the mid 2000s. All you had to do was be a VU student.

Membership numbers mean diddly squat without a breakdown.

I pay a full membership fee despite getting to 1 game a year MAX.

I am lucky enough to be in a position to support the club financially without the need for attending games. Vic clubs just about give away memberships. Actually, they do.

The Bulldogs gave away 3 game memberships to VU students when I was doing my undergrad there in the mid 2000s. All you had to do was be a VU student.

Membership numbers mean diddly squat without a breakdown.
You are a true supporter mate , I encourage all of us too do the same .And not demand any refunds .We have already spent the money anyway .And i am sure there will be some type of composition package organised by the club.

I pay $1200 get to most games, two memberships.
Won't be asking the club for money back, this sort of thing could kill the AFL. Its not the NBA by any means.
Playing in front of no crowds must be temporary, as the crowds are what make it

My 2 season ticket memberships cost $2,000 which I have paid . I dare say that the club has already spent this years membership fees paying out Ross and Rosich as well payroll and other administrative costs. So I don’t expect a refund but I do expect a credit for any home games that I can’t attend to come off next years fees.
I have been a member for over 20 years but I will not rejoin should a credit nit be given.
I don’t regard my season ticket membership as a donation I expect entertainment.
I am checking the fine print regarding this.

At this stage I don't begrudge Freo FC the $700 I pay for (concession) membership with excellent seat. Despite (or maybe because of) being on a limited income, I choose to support my club in this way. There's not a lot else that's in my gift to bestow, after all.
By the same reasoning, also at this stage I have no plans to seek or accept a part refund if we have to be locked out of games. COVID's not the club's fault.

I am not going to ask for my $2000 back either. I already was going to give most of it away as I pay for my uncle's seat and he was going to take his wife to a few games as well. My point was about how expensive our memberships are. If people want a refund, it would be understandable and they can still be true supporters.

It would be way easier for Victorian clubs to refuse refunds due to their memberships costing much less. At least it is partly out of our club's hands, as the clubs have gathered and decided they will all have a common policy.

Shaun McManus said today on the radio that the AFL has a contingency fund that they have been accruing for a number of years for situations such as this....as they should considering the money pumped into them from tv for gawd knows how long.

As much as I am loyal to the club...$3000 for 3 memberships is a lot of money and we know clubs are run like businesses. Would they have insurance? Would they have plans in place ? I think there should be questions from supporters and members answered before we come to the philanthropic stance of " Ah well we had spent the money anyway".

If the club is going to financially struggle..and they say this publicly then that's one thing. But I'll wait before making my magnanimous decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back