Autopsy Freo outclassed by Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

So out of these three games, which would you considered the toughest

Brisbane at Gabba
Sydney at SCG
Geelong at optus

We looked really dangerous when we were running and attacking, if it wasn’t for a few skill errors we would have been right in it.

I thought Walker was good today, when we play attacking footy it definitely suits his style.

Johnno is gonna spend at least two weeks in the stands for that tackle which sucks because he looked really good today

Jazny I don't know what game you were watching, but I have no idea how you could defend the performances of Pearce and Cox.

What if I told you that it's possible to agree that Pearce and Cox were bad, while simultaneously knowing that calling to replace either of them with Hamling is idiotic in the extreme

Classic bottom 4 team game.

Not the total annihilation type game but the one where a s**t team shows up against a good team against odds and puts in just a little bit of effort, and gets heaps of praise for how they’re ‘trying’ and ‘haven’t given up’ and ‘skills just letting them down’

Despite losing every quarter and ultimately getting smashed. Funny how quickly the bar is shifting this season already.

I haven’t seen this game, but looking at the possession numbers, particularly the volume in a losing game & the handball/kick split, getting well beaten at stoppages/clearances along with comfortably losing the contested ball numbers, I’d say we are wanting to play bruise free football.
Bruise free footy is for quick, well skilled teams which is something we are not.

Get your ******* hands dirty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker is a good quality young player. You play him EVERY game. He’s light years ahead of some of the spuds that have played every game this year.
Kept the most Inform forward in the game quiet today.
Walker has his flaws, but I enjoyed his pace off the back 50 last season

The game was ******* weird. On one hand we should have been demolished. On the other it should have been a lot closer. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times with so many fumbles, dropped marks, and poor skill execution. Brisbane should have made us pay more dearly. Cleaner skills and we have a chance to win.

The backline can get ****ed. Cox is a lazy, uninterested clown. Pearce is worse than a liability and I would rather play a cooked Hamling. Luke Ryan is dumb as * and not even a one trick pony anymore. He used to be a good interceptor and that is it. He can't even do that anymore. That is not to mention his moronic kick long to the boundary every possession. Walker is not a defender's a-hole and needs to be played higher up the ground or at Peel. I fail to see what he offers. Wagner was the scapegoat when bar the 1st half against GC, he had been fine and far from the worst defender.

I have stated my opinion on Hughes time and again so all I will say is get the * out of my team.

At least more people can see it is more of a skill issue than game plan. We have to persist with what we tried to do today and just pray that the players remember they are football players and not circus performers.

+'s
The signs were there that we were trying something out
Serong
Ab is building
Clark

-'s
Our midfield is too slow
We dont have enough lace out i.50 deliverers
Id almost pay to watch Kuek and Corbett in to build confidence
Erasmus needs time so brodie or jom out this week
Cox
Pearce
Ryan

I legitimately think we are currently demonstrating below AFL standard levels of fitness. It’s the only explanation for the severe reduction in work rate offensively and defensively this season.

Mids are simply not working hard enough through the middle to allow successful transition from defense and the forwards just allow uncontested rebound ball continually.

It’s clear Ryan, Cox and a few others are clearly unfit or simply do not care this year

Brayshaw is probably injured but his defensive pressure and link work has fallen off a cliff

You can’t look at the saints list and honestly say it’s a more talented list than ours? The difference they are a hell of a lot fitter and working significantly harder in both facets of the game.

Is this on the coach? Or has the collective group drank too much of their own bath water This off-season

I legitimately think we are currently demonstrating below AFL standard levels of fitness. It’s the only explanation for the severe reduction in work rate offensively and defensively this season.

Mids are simply not working hard enough through the middle to allow successful transition from defense and the forwards just allow uncontested rebound ball continually.

It’s clear Ryan, Cox and a few others are clearly unfit or simply do not care this year

Brayshaw is probably injured but his defensive pressure and link work has fallen off a cliff

You can’t look at the saints list and honestly say it’s a more talented list than ours? The difference they are a hell of a lot fitter and working significantly harder in both facets of the game.

Is this on the coach? Or has the collective group drank too much of their own bath water This off-season
Let me add that Aish also looks like he is never trying. Honestly stuck out the most to me of our players these past few games.

Clearly we aren't playing finals this year so we should be making best use of the game time we have. Players like Johnson, Erasmus, Amiss, Sturt.....Just play em even if they have shockers here and there. Games under the belt - it took a good couple of seasons for Brayshaw and Cerra to get any good.
No point in playing Hughes and Banfield who are WAFL players and depth at best. Maybe for a team that is pretty solid they could come in but its a waste of games in this team. Clearly our trade period last year and loss of experience has set the rebuild back a bit but hopefully in the end it will pay off.
I usually have a more negative attitude to our losses but I actually enjoyed watching the game today and despite our recent games I feel strangely optimistic about the coming seasons. Now that might have something to do with having been taking oxcycodone after a minor operation but still maybe we should look more to the positives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back