Autopsy Freo Outlast Crows Away (72-84) - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Schultz for the Doig purely based on effort .
So inspirational!

( hard to beat Luke Ryan again this year though?!)

Extremely happy with the win!!!

A couple of quiet performances which makes it even more impressive - room for improvement.

A shitter about Cerra.

I loved that we had a plan and we were (once again) starting to go away from it before half time but JLo got them back on track which he highlighted when interviewed at the break. And, it was noticeable. It gave us definite separation from our opponents and on the scoreboard.

Bloody enjoyable game.

SHULTZY ( delayed telecast 🤙👏👍👌!)

Glad to say I’ve never once hated on Schultz and he is now undeniably in our best injury free 22. Heart and soul player whose efforts spark the team when we need it.

I hope anyone who has given him a hard time can eat their pride and apologize.

Extremely happy with the win!!!

A couple of quiet performances which makes it even more impressive - room for improvement.

A shitter about Cerra.

I loved that we had a plan and we were (once again) starting to go away from it before half time but JLo got them back on track which he highlighted when interviewed at the break. And, it was noticeable. It gave us definite separation from our opponents and on the scoreboard.

Bloody enjoyable game.
First game in a while I was literally shouting at the tv in the last quarter (looking at you Freddy and Tabs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz was great, he was a key part in the first two goals.
Logue looked rusty. Position himself too close to the drop of the ball and was pushed under too easily.
Treacy and Lobb both struggled. Did little all day.
Colyer ran hard all day, was good most of the day except for a few bad kicks.

Mundy is ageless.

At Cerra is apparently a low grain ankle, so hopefully not too many weeks. (Based on longmuir press conference. )

Anyone else worries about Walters’ form?
Nah, he is still on song enough to suggest he will come back to form. He played key linking roles in three of our slickest end to end passages of play, just need him to get more involved in that stuff and less caught up with the umpires and his opponent's backchat. All between the ears for him at the moment, he still has the elite kicking ability.

Wow what a win! That rounds up the third of three amazing wins there - That 2013 game Crowley vs Dangerfield that has Riccuito barracking in the commentary box, the 2015 Fyfe and Walters vs Dangerfield and Betts disposal and banana goal gala and now this (all other games can be forgotten).

Colyer is in career best form, seems to be getting faster and harder at the ball every week which is unusual for a bloke his age - excellent kicking to forward targets and incredibly confident in front of goal. I can see why fellow players seem him as a club leader.

And Schulz I just love you - this kid bleeds purple and fights and scraps his way through every contest but also knows how to use the ball when he's got it. Absolute sensation.

Mundy is definitely in career best form.

Wilson also I think just about had his best game of his career, similar to Colyer he's not afraid to burst through the paddock and find the right target.

4 big ones from Tabs, he stands up when it counts and often when we're behind.

Logue and Lobb were a bit rusty but you have to back them in every day of the week when they're fit. We just started seeing glimpses from Logue. Funny thing is Pearce, Hamlin and Logue are three of the most talented defenders in the game but they really need to demonstrate greater awareness down back, Cox, Ryan, Wilson and Conca all seem to communicate telepathically as they're rarely out of position. If we can get games into Logue and co they'll adjust accordingly.

Lobb might have missed but he's dropped the stutter. He's probably a couple of steps shy, trying to pump it 50 metres off 2 steps would've been an ask for Lockett himself.

Darcy's still actually working his way back into fitness, he's a few games away from being elite.

Not sure what's up with Walters, friends of friends say he's as happy now as he ever was with Lyon. But I know his body hasn't been 100 percent for a couple of years now and he's still working through it. He needs to take it up a level though if he wants to get the best out of his last year's of footy.

Ryan was elite as always, and Acres and Aish uplifted their input massively from last week.

Last edited:
Cerra going out probably opens the door for Blakely to come back in. Treacy needs some time at Peel, do we bring Meek back?
I think Mike91's point to leave Treacy in for next weeks NM game was sound .
If he can get his hands on a few and clunk em it's gonna do wonders for his game , although if he doesn't perform it would be back to the seconds for mine.

He needs to seperate from Taberner though and work out who stays back and who pushes up .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back