Autopsy Freo Outlast Crows Away (72-84) - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being 21, playing with Fyfe and a Mundy in rare for and yet they tag you.
It is pretty funny but Clarkson explained it, there is almost no point tagging the other two, they know how to deal with it. Andy clearly doesn’t yet.

Still poor Andy must get to the centre square, see a tagger run straight past a two-time Brownlow medallist and the greatest 35 yo to play the game and just roll his eyes.

It is pretty funny but Clarkson explained it, there is almost no point tagging the other two, they know how to deal with it. Andy clearly doesn’t yet.

Still poor Andy must get to the centre square, see a tagger run straight past a two-time Brownlow medallist and the greatest 35 yo to play the game and just roll his eyes.
Might be a stupid question but why can’t teams send two taggers to say, Brayshaw and Fyfe in this example?

Might be a stupid question but why can’t teams send two taggers to say, Brayshaw and Fyfe in this example?
Gonna struggle to win much ball if your just tagging opposition midfielders all day. The reason you tag is you're using one of your lesser impactful midfielders to have even less of an offensive game but limit a better players impact significantly. That works for one player in there but hits diminishing returns very quickly

If you're tagging with two thirds of your stoppage group then your opponent knows exactly where your ruck is going to tap it. Only one guy is trying to win the ball.

The stark difference between tagging Andy and not tagging Andy was shown today.

Hope the young fella is ready to have an opposition player hanging off his back for the rest of the season.
Then Mundy, Fyfe and Serong can work their way through. It’s a luxury to have. Tag anyone but still you have others off the chain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shultz didn't move up the ground. He played the same position all day. Just because those well noted brain genius Dunstall and Healy made a point of it doesn't mean it was accurate.

You didn't have your tv on?
Schultz was in the goal square and leading out first half and moved higher up the ground second half and leading back to the goals,
He definitely moved higher up the ground.

Got a fairly strong midfield group atm, bring in Tucker and maybe the other bloke who doesn't exist, and we may be batting pretty deep

vKIVFtY.gif

Last edited:
It's weird. Between Colyer, Switkowski and Schultz it feels like one of the weaker small forward groups we've had (compared to say Ballantyne and Walters or Farmer and Medhurst), but they're all working hard and keeping each other honest so it's working at the moment.

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket and be at the game. I was sitting on Aisle 533 on a wing.

Taberner was brilliant with his 4 goals.

the midfield overall performed well.

The backline held tight. Logue and Cox had tough jobs on Tex walker and Billy Frampton.

I regularly kept watching the wings. I enjoyed Michael Fredericks workrate. Yes he had only 12 disposals but he was dangerous going on the wing and causing some havoc in the forward 50, kicked 1 goal and 2 behinds in which he could and should of kicked 3 straight.

I knew we had the game won the moment we kicked a goal and lead 83-60. Crows fans started walking from the grounds when it happened. We won 84-72.

I brought up our 5 wins at AAMI stadium vs the crows on the preview thread. We never belt them. most of those wins were between 2-4 goals.

We Beat the crows in 2015 at Adelaide oval 10.8.68 to 7.15.57.

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket and be at the game. I was sitting on Aisle 533 on a wing.

Taberner was brilliant with his 4 goals.

the midfield overall performed well.

The backline held tight. Logue and Cox had tough jobs on Tex walker and Billy Frampton.

I regularly kept watching the wings. I enjoyed Michael Fredericks workrate. Yes he had only 12 disposals but he was dangerous going on the wing and causing some havoc in the forward 50, kicked 1 goal and 2 behinds in which he could and should of kicked 3 straight.

I knew we had the game won the moment we kicked a goal and lead 83-60. Crows fans started walking from the grounds when it happened. We won 84-72.

I brought up our 5 wins at AAMI stadium vs the crows on the preview thread. We never belt them. most of those wins were between 2-4 goals.

We Beat the crows in 2015 at Adelaide oval 10.8.68 to 7.15.57.
Always seems to be a slow grind at Adelaide?
Similar game styles and skill levels perhaps ?

You didn't have your tv on?
Schultz was in the goal square and leading out first half and moved higher up the ground second half and leading back to the goals,
He definitely moved higher up the ground.
Nope, they were wrong and you are wrong. At no stage did he switch to high half forward he played forward pocket the whole day. The only difference between earlier in the game to later is he actually started getting some ball.

I think Hercules is Colyer, but no idea where that stems from (???) *feel free to correct if wrong*
You're right. Hercules = Colyer.

Courtesy of BeinPurplenGreen :

Hey c'mon now mate, those are hardly fair comparisons, how can any 7 (hell, even any 9) mere mortals be expected to compete against a team that includes the unsurpassed elegance, greatness and grace that is Hercules Colyer??

How insane was Lachie Schultz’s half volley pick up, burning off 2 opponents & hitting up Tabs with a bullet in the last. Spine tingling.

Great maturity by all in the 2nd half, we ground it out & finally finished off our work with some great inside 50’s & nearly kicked more goals than behinds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back