Autopsy Freo Outlast Crows Away (72-84) - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt will want to be knocking on the door again soon, who makes way when he does? Hughes makes way for Young at some point but the two big defenders..who do they dislodge?

Have you ever met a genuine Freo supporter who goes for both?

In my experience it's always 'I say I go for both but slag off Freo while defending the eagles at all costs'.

My old man. Inaugural Freo member but goes for Eagles second. It’s whack.

So are Carlton and they torched us. Winning in Adelaide is never easy and will do wonders for the confidence of a young playing group. We're not hot sh*t yet but it was an important stepping stone nonetheless.
agreed, it's the first time we've won in Adelaide since 2015. walters, mundy, fyfe and tabs were the only players left from that game today, finally winning there should be a great confidence boost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incidentally Fyfe has the rudest haircut you’ve ever seen
It is called a Lebanese Dragon, according to Mundy's post match radio 📻 interview.

I don't get the Treacy bashing tbh. He is a kid in his second game that has helped improve our forward structure out of sight since he has come in. Yeah, we would all like him to have hit the scoreboard, but it hasn't hurt us at all that he hasn't. There is no way you could drop him for Sturt or Meek and get the same result. Treacy takes a tall defender which Sturt wouldn't and he is a lot more mobile than Meek.

Only saw the last quarter due to coaching juniors. Can’t really comment on the game play other than their defence seemed stretched due to Treacy. All he has to do is ‘something’ and the opposition have to defend him, leaving the other talks available.
These wins are crucial to playing finals. 3 of the next 4 are winnable on paper. Being 6-3 will be great position. A bit of luck and we play finals. Must be the goal for this team.

I’d want to see how the players pull up. Darcy had that knee issue.

Sturt > Treacy
Crowden > Cerra
Watson, Duman, Henry Emergencies (one to be sub)

If Darcy No good replace with Meek.

I don't get the Treacy bashing tbh. He is a kid in his second game that has helped improve our forward structure out of sight since he has come in. Yeah, we would all like him to have hit the scoreboard, but it hasn't hurt us at all that he hasn't. There is no way you could drop him for Sturt or Meek and get the same result. Treacy takes a tall defender which Sturt wouldn't and he is a lot more mobile than Meek.
He had a crack. I feel we are more dangerous with Sturt. Also like to see him develop with Peel - he played no footy last year. Too high expectation based on a 7 goal WAFL practice match.

We are too tall with the three of them (Tabs, Treacy, Lobb/Darcy).

I’d want to see how the players pull up. Darcy had that knee issue.

Sturt > Treacy
Crowden > Cerra
Watson, Duman, Henry Emergencies (one to be sub)

If Darcy No good replace with Meek.

Just wanted to say well done on the win. A bit too polished when it counted and you guys have some impressive youngsters having been at the ground seeing them 1st hand. I think you guys are definately further along the rebuild track than us and i hope our younger players learnt some lessons today. Good luck for the rest of the year

He had a crack. I feel we are more dangerous with Sturt. Also like to see him develop with Peel - he played no footy last year. Too high expectation based on a 7 goal WAFL practice match.

We are too tall with the three of them (Tabs, Treacy, Lobb/Darcy).

We might look more dangerous with Sturt, but structurally, he doesn't offer the same thing. If any of the talls go out, it would have to be Lobb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back