Autopsy Freo Owned by Dogs - Rd 19, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Season now officially over.. Eagles to go back to back, we endure another off season of hope and be in the same place in twelve months..

Sad but true..

Eagles will get Kelly for stuff all and we’ll over pay for Liam Baker.

Ross will ogle someone.

7 media will sign up a further 6 past Eagles players to their media coverage.

The stars are aligning

Here’s some thoughts
1. With the high Km running game style it destroys your second half the season.
2. Love Ballantyne but he was cooked last year.
3. Lobb is good, Darcy will be good and Sandiland previously was good.
4. Schultz is just another Grey type player. Is a hard nut but lacks finishing skills.
5. Duiman is average at everything but can’t the bigs or the smalls. I don’t see a role for him.
6. Brayshaw will be a gun.
7. We lack depth
8. Too many ball watchers
9. Logue was good and improving
10. Players don’t seem to know where to kick to. No system

Here’s some thoughts
1. With the high Km running game style it destroys your second half the season.
2. Love Ballantyne but he was cooked last year.
3. Lobb is good, Darcy will be good and Sandiland previously was good.
4. Schultz is just another Grey type player. Is a hard nut but lacks finishing skills.
5. Duiman is average at everything but can’t the bigs or the smalls. I don’t see a role for him.
6. Brayshaw will be a gun.
7. We lack depth
8. Too many ball watchers
9. Logue was good and improving
10. Players don’t seem to know where to kick to. No system

Nailed it. Depth especially is a huge issue, especially when most are playing.

I have been critical about selecting Brayshaw at 2, & some of my comments have been unfair, so I will go on record (not that anybody cares about my opinion) that he belongs at AFL level.
I thought he was in our best 3 today & I still reckon he is more Conca than Mundy, but Andrew is a good player.
May he become even better & I apologise for any negative comments about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched the game but the chatter about Naughton is bringing tears to the eye.
Why the **ck we didn't draft him is beyond me. I told you all , he was the best KP prospect I had ever seen. Why the club refuses to draft WA KP,S is a crime. I am officially over caring about who the club drafts, no more membership dollars from me.

Naughton was quite vocal about not wanting to play in WA. Sure we could have drafted him, but Brayshaw & Cerra are not going to be busts and we ended up with Lobb & Hogan.

You mean the Hogan who is out for the season and has a doubtful future and the Cerra who is as slow as treacle. Forget about Ross being the Problem it's the club as a whole. We have refused to draft our local boys where as WC have thrived on the local boys. It's been an on going disgrace.

OP has it right, we didn't match them in any way. We were never going to dominate, we're missing too much our cream and carrying a few others too. But we took punt on doing enough to win certain bits and most of all having a defensive setup to at least keep scores down. When everybody decided to spectate rather than play goal side, tackle hard etc. - it was over very quickly. Never in it and never deserved to be.

- Brayshaw we love you, thank you for giving us poor dockers fans something to feel good about.
- Fyfe looked sore to me at times, but he was solid. Playing fwd for a good bit was a good idea, but our lack of umph up the field meant we could never really take advantage of it.
- Lobb gave it a red hot go.
- Cerra had a better game, but still, nothing to write home about.
- Walters put in and showed his quality at times, though we needed more physicality in the middle and that's not his thing

- Conca and Brayshaw I give low pass grade for effort, but they needed to be important defensive side players and they weren't up for it for the most part.

That's all I can think of resembling positive.

Last edited:
Last week we beat a pretty ordinary team on our home ground by 1 point and some thought that was a good sign. In actual fact,we beat a pretty ordinary team on our one ground by ONLY 1 point.

Folks, as evidenced today, we are crap. We’ll struggle to win another game this year. The problems are endemic and many. I understand we have a major injury crisis on our hands but we had enough good players on the ground today to not get thrashed. I was at the game sitting on level 3 and from that high up the lack of movement was pronounced. They really looked completely confused and poorly coached. We are in deep s**tand I fear it will be worse next year.

Does Mundy go again next year? His drop off in second half has been noticeable.

We could lose:
Sandi - retire
Mundy - retire
Ballas - 3 year extension... I mean retire.
Hill - free agency

That would leave Walters as our oldest at 28 years of age.
I have noticed the Mundy drop off as well. Looks like the game has caught up with him. Yet is still one of our better players. Hope he goes out on his own terms though.
Like everywhere loved Brayshaw today. Think his second half of the year has been awesome.

I just want to know where the passion has gone. I am sick of making excuses. I just want the team to give every effort not be going through the motions.

Does Mundy go again next year? His drop off in second half has been noticeable.

We could lose:
Sandi - retire
Mundy - retire
Ballas - 3 year extension... I mean retire.
Hill - free agency

That would leave Walters as our oldest at 28 years of age.

It's got to be raised doesn't it.

Let me first stay I love Mundy and always have. But he has not been a 4 quarter player all season. Even when he was influencing in a bigger way earlier in the season, he would take a quarter or so to get going, then would be prime at significant moments for us - so that's a sign in itself.

On top of that, what little defensive side that he did have has disappeared all together. He was a liability in the midfield today. If he didn't have ball in hand, he was reacting slowly not able to land anything resembling a tackle and generally just watching the game. It's never been a strong suit, but it was on another level bad today I thought - so with that, when he's not on and able to find the ball, he's got not much else to offer.

I think if the team overall is humming he has a spot in the team, but yeah, it's a fair question to be asking no doubt.

Haven't watched the game but the chatter about Naughton is bringing tears to the eye.
Why the **ck we didn't draft him is beyond me. I told you all , he was the best KP prospect I had ever seen. Why the club refuses to draft WA KP,S is a crime. I am officially over caring about who the club drafts, no more membership dollars from me.
That Oscar Allen that The Eagles got looks like a pretty good player as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back