Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Sad to say I saw this coming

Our work rate was way down on previous weeks, we’ve been reading our own press, and we all know what happens to Freo when this happens

Crowden,Blakley not sure how these guys get a game
Hughes and Duman the only reason they do is because of our injuries to our KPD, honest triers, just lack the class

Liam Henry, hey shoot me down for saying it but he looks a little lazy to me and a reader of his own press too maybe if he worked as hard as Andy Bradshaw he’s get some rewards

Son Son and Fyfe looked disinterested to me

Mundy , I love that guy

Anyway onwards and upwards

+ Mundy, never retire pls
+ Cerra solid
+ Tabs keeps up his scoring record
+ Henry first goal. Was starved of opportunity today and hope he's not dropped
+ Hopefully Hogan's in next week

- First game in a while where the loss of Logue, Pearce and Hambling really hurt
- Weakest game by Cox since he returned and Duman was also poor
- Needed Fyfe more in the midfield as our midfield were well and truly shown up
- Umpiring didn't help

Last edited:

- People saying Mundy should retire regardless of their reasoning are idiots.
- Nice little reality check of how much we miss Hamling, Pearce and Logue.
- Holding the ball against Cerra was bullshit.
- Looking forward to Henry meeting the hype. Yet to happen.
- Tough to watch.

+ Mundy, never retire pls
+ Cerra solid
+ Henry first goal. Was starved of opportunity today and hope he's not dropped
+ Hopefully Hogan's in next week

- First game in a while where the loss of Logue, Pearce and Hambling really hurt
- Weakest game by Cox since he returned and Duman was also poor
- Needed Fyfe more in the midfield as our midfield were well and truly shown up
- Tabs keeps up his scoring record
- Umpiring didn't help
Tabs scoring is surely a positive?

I'd go radical with Hill and play him more inside mid. He still has his rare ability to alter the direction of play with his vision and hands, and when he was at his best he played inside/outside anyway not as a pure winger. He looks like he's lost trust in his body, thanks Weber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is easy to write this after a loss, but I really see no movement on the same issues that everyone, myself included, had with the last few years. We are still a really heavily defensive focused team that struggles to score. It's only really the method of movement out of the back half that has changed for the better. After we're out, we really seem to be taking our time and allowing the opposition to set up more than before. Using the corridor less to my eye as well. There is obviously a retain posession focus but so far it doesn't really seem to be impacting results. Forward entries terrible, partially from a result of taking too long to get there. The other bit of it seems to be structural and leading pattern related.

Apart from having no working forwardline: We have no mids kicking goals.

Serong 2/10
Mundy 4/12 (excused for today)
Brawshaw 0/13
Cerra 1/13
Aish 0/12

Fyfe and Walters don't do well either considering they play forward a bit.

Yeah while i've been a strong advocate for Walters and Fyfe forward for a significant amount of game time, there is not a whole lot of point to it when it's going in the way it currently is. You could have any forward in the comp up there and they'd be struggling.

I think Hill going out, Blakely returning to HBF and Valente going into the middle is more appropriate.
Blakely to HBF? I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with this. His disposal tonight was SHOCKING! And not much better the weeks before.

Hand balls to feet.
Kicks to feet.
Missed kicks.
Hand balls to pressure. (This one the most)

I love his in and under contest. But the disposal is not good enough, it's a liability and it breaks down too many possession chains. He has to go unfortunately.

Apart from having no working forwardline: We have no mids kicking goals.

Serong 2/10
Mundy 4/12 (excused for today)
Brawshaw 0/13
Cerra 1/13
Aish 0/12

Fyfe and Walters don't do well either considering they play forward a bit.
Justin should sit them all in a room and put the Thursday night Richmond game on a loop
That's how the " whole team " contributes to the score line.
Mid fielders were relentless in their attack on goals .
That was good footy to watch .

I'm not a troll BTW just want to see our bloody team improve on hitting the scoreboard

I'm summary, we got totally smashed in the middle in the first quarter. Chasing tail ever since. Clean ball into our 50 destroyed us.

I can think of things to complain about but then again a lot of those complaints reference tactics employed in building the gane plan etc.

Mundy should be elected president of Fremantle.
Henry has been drinking his own bathwater.
Fyfe needs to go back in the middle. A delicate balance but there's no point having a dual Brownlow medalist living on scraps in isolation up forward.
Walters does my head in.
Forward structure too small on a dry day. Completely outmarked.
LOBB NEEDS A REST. HOGAN NEEDS A RUN.
Serong probably needs a rest too.
Hill was poor tonight. Key kicks smothered twice. I'd like to see him on the wing soon and more involved.
I want to whinge about Schulz but that banana attempt was sensational lol.
Bewley and Crowden, I'm still not sold. They just don't have the polish under pressure.

Just a meh night. I trust JLo to make several changes now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back