News Freo Retro Round Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Fremantle ever worn this jumper in a home game before?
I'm assuming they wore it in away Western Derbys back in the day?

Have Fremantle ever worn this jumper in a home game before?
I'm assuming they wore it in away Western Derbys back in the day?

Wasn't this their inaugural away jumper? I honestly don't think they ever did wear it in a Home game

Here's some nice footage of the jumper in action from the first ever Collingwood v Fremantle game in 1995 at Victoria Park.

The anchors look completely different. The shape, width, the point, everything. Surely that’s not just the material playing tricks.

View attachment 1188667
The bottom of the anchor being thicker works so much better, more intimidating look. The smaller anchor looks weaker. Fremantle should go back to the anchor design with it being just haze and white with the bigger anchor. Their current design also looks weak and boring.

The bottom of the anchor being thicker works so much better, more intimidating look. The smaller anchor looks weaker. Fremantle should go back to the anchor design with it being just haze and white with the bigger anchor. Their current design also looks weak and boring.
I agree, all kit designs need more muscles

That one was nothing compared to the GOAT from the same era. Why isn't Port wearing this, today, all the time?

View attachment 1189273
Were there any other alternate versions of this kit? I've seen so many classic videos from the lions 01-04 era against Port in this jersey and it really is something unique. Reckon predominantly teal or white versions of the kit could work if they ever reverted to it.

Were there any other alternate versions of this kit? I've seen so many classic videos from the lions 01-04 era against Port in this jersey and it really is something unique. Reckon predominantly teal or white versions of the kit could work if they ever reverted to it.
Not specifically this design recoloured if i recall, they did do a teal yoke in a few matches though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is it just 2009 again? I'd be happy with it i guess, at least we get to wait until next year when puma introduces the paddle pop :(
At least in this dream North are still white, Weagles are tripanel enthusiasts and Bulldogs still have the robodog!
We actually only wore the third from 95 to 97, then the 3d anchor 98 to 2000 then we had a tripanel til 05 and then the white

We actually only wore the third from 95 to 97, then the 3d anchor 98 to 2000 then we had a tripanel til 05 and then the white
I was actually going off the fact that you wore both 1 and 2 in 2009 when the split panel went down to the back in 09, the third is a bonus.

Oh and another thing, it bothers me that the anchor on the logo didn't match the one on the jersey, there i said it.

can’t wait to see it in action. Great jumper… why did they ditch it ?

It leads to will, Richmond wear their full home, or clash, or clash with black shorts. Seeing as they are already over there they might not have known about this Freo kit.

loveto see the clash jumper with black shorts. Maybe they can borrow from Swan Districts?

To go back to this, I would vote strongly on the 1995 to 2000 anchor, always felt after that it went too far down the jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back