News Freo Retro Round Guernsey

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
^ Looks a bit better than expected looking at that pic I must say. Though the upper sponsor on the back of the jumper pushing the numbers lower kills the aesthetic a wee bit.

Yeah looks great apart from the number placement. The anchor is clearly a different shape to the other one.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Can't agree. The Chevrons are an incredibly strong identity, they now look like a football club instead of a 1990s marketing department concoction. It's fine to bring out the anchor for a bit of fun every now and then, but the new look is an upgrade in every sense.

Anyway, isn't it a copyright issue? Like they're not allowed to print the word Dockers and also use an anchor, because of Levi's? I would think that pretty much makes the decision for them.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Not a fan of how bright the purple looks in this particular photo. Everything else we have seen has it right though so hopefully it looks good on the day (or night, I've got no clue when they are playing).
Looks about right to me, the purple was nice and bright in the first year good to see it again

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
So what is the point? All I see is people having a cry about other teams getting to wear a heritage jumper. The thing is, Port probably could quite easily negotiate wearing the Prison Bars for a Heritage Round if they wanted to (could just point to the ol' Eddie arrangement), but it's the insistence wanting to wear it at all time is stopping any sort of progress on the issue to take place.

It would help to take a step back and celebrate the kind of heritage they already have in their short time in the AFL. Like you guys won your first premiership in the inaugural SBS jumper and the club barely even acknowledges it exists apart from a one-off jumper a few years back.

Point is, you make it out like Port is being 'barred' (no pun intended lol) from celebrating its heritage when it's clearly not. There is so much other aspects of your rich history that could be celebrated and are yet to be.
It's this arrogance from Collingwood and its supporters that grates. The AFL wants flags from the pre-VFL era to be counted, and no Victorian club raised an objection. Several of the Victorian sides wore specific Heritage jumpers from the VFA era in years past. The same logic applies here. Port's heritage is not just limited to the AFL and teal. Collingwood don't own black and white (they don't even own their brand at all, according to Oakley) any more than Geelong/Carlton or Adelaide/Brisbane/Gold Coast should be fighting over theirs, and noone buys a Collingwood jumper confusing it with Port Adelaide or Newcastle or Juventus. On top of that, Port asked the members which heritage image resonated the most, and they overwhelmingly voted the prison bars. You as a Collingwood supporter don't get to imperiously tell Port supporters what they should be celebrating, and if outsiders stfu, they'll tell you - as they did. I'm sure Eddie would whinge his guts out at the affront suffered if anyone dared suggest Collingwood's focus on their history was misplaced...

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
^ Looks a bit better than expected looking at that pic I must say. Though the upper sponsor on the back of the jumper pushing the numbers lower kills the aesthetic a wee bit.

There’s plenty of space for that number to be higher. This is just another case of “number creep”, where designers willfully put the number in the middle of the back for no reason. Looks shithouse.

Also weird they used a different prototype for the announcement. The one worn at training looks better.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It's this arrogance from Collingwood and its supporters that grates. The AFL wants flags from the pre-VFL era to be counted, and no Victorian club raised an objection. Several of the Victorian sides wore specific Heritage jumpers from the VFA era in years past. The same logic applies here. Port's heritage is not just limited to the AFL and teal. Collingwood don't own black and white (they don't even own their brand at all, according to Oakley) any more than Geelong/Carlton or Adelaide/Brisbane/Gold Coast should be fighting over theirs, and noone buys a Collingwood jumper confusing it with Port Adelaide or Newcastle or Juventus. On top of that, Port asked the members which heritage image resonated the most, and they overwhelmingly voted the prison bars. You as a Collingwood supporter don't get to imperiously tell Port supporters what they should be celebrating, and if outsiders stfu, they'll tell you - as they did. I'm sure Eddie would whinge his guts out at the affront suffered if anyone dared suggest Collingwood's focus on their history was misplaced...
I would love to make a reply to your comment because I disagree with almost every point but yeah the issue has been talked to death with no real progress so I see no reason to continue it.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
I would love to make a reply to your comment because I disagree with almost every point but yeah the issue has been talked to death with no real progress so I see no reason to continue it.
You'd love to? Well f###ing do it then! I couldn't give a f### if anyone else is bored with it. That's their problem. I'll say what I want. While the issue exists, it'll keep getting talked to death, and that's because the situation is wrong.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
You'd love to? Well f###ing do it then! I couldn't give a f### if anyone else is bored with it. That's their problem. I'll say what I want. While the issue exists, it'll keep getting talked to death, and that's because the situation is wrong.

This is a discussion about Freo and their guernsey. Take the non Freo related debate elsewhere.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
pretty ordinary gif really. lets just off ourselves because someone wants to argue the validity of the PBs as a heritage jumper in a thread about a heritage jumper.
Did you forget that there were at one point about three threads about PB? This is also unrelated to them, so it should be brought up in the actual thread, and instead don't detail this thread into another one PB one.

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you forget that there were at one point about three threads about PB? This is also unrelated to them, so it should be brought up in the actual thread, and instead don't detail this thread into another one PB one.
No funnily enough I didnt. The gif is in really bad taste. The post wasnt because I am Port supporter, Im not worried weather the PBs return or not. What ever I guess this board doesnt give a s**t unless theyre protecting the rights of the gay pride movement (which I DO support)

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
No funnily enough I didnt. The gif is in really bad taste. The post wasnt because I am Port supporter, Im not worried weather the PBs return or not. What ever I guess this board doesnt give a sh*t unless theyre protecting the rights of the gay pride movement (which I DO support)
This topic was discussed over and over and over, it doesn't need another thread. I also didn't realise that port supporters were an oppressed people, knowing is half the battle I guess. Now, back to the Freo kit, I love it but would like the original home back again please and thank you.

Last edited:
All Prison Bars chat can go into one of the threads. No more here, drop the topic or move it to the other thread. 🤙

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This topic was discussed over and over and over, it doesn't need another thread. I also didn't realise that port supporters were an oppressed people, knowing is half the battle I guess.
FMD the gif is someone committing suicide over the PBs being bought up. I suffer from depression and come to this board for a release but whatever. The fact that you go into bat for the LGBT community and then post this s**t gif and defend it is astounding.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
FMD the gif is someone committing suicide over the PBs being bought up. I suffer from depression and come to this board for a release but whatever. The fact that you go into bat for the LGBT community and then post this sh*t gif and defend it is astounding.
Finger guns are not real, i also do. You've gone from zero to 100 really quickly.

FMD the gif is someone committing suicide over the PBs being bought up. I suffer from depression and come to this board for a release but whatever. The fact that you go into bat for the LGBT community and then post this sh*t gif and defend it is astounding.

Finger guns are not real, i also do. You've gone from zero to 100 really quickly.

guys pls I don’t wanna card people I just want everyone to be chill.

take it to DM if you’ve issues.

Back