Mega Thread Freo say no to Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Three KPP draftees...come on down!!!

But yeah lulz cat and mouse there Bondy.

We understand fully where 'Buddy' is at - he's a champion of the game, and with that he certainly demands certain things that we wouldn't be able to [deliver]," Bond said on Tuesday.

We've got a TPP (total player payments) model and we've got a list management model and it wouldn't fit into that, so we won't be pursuing it.

He asked for 1.5 million a year??

Not sure if this is good news or bad news for the Hawks?

Maybe sydney will try to sign him :)

Buddy probably did what everyone does when they don't want to go somewhere - present a ridiculously high, unrealistic figure, and say: 'this is what it will cost to change my mind'.

I think the club may have learnt from the Cloke, Clarke examples where it was playe dout in front of the media too much.

THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL NOT CHASE HIM BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.
Freo are keen on Rioli, so it is very possible that it will play out exactly as Bond has said. We could get two or three quality players for the price of Buddy and also ensure we keep the boys we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that stood out for me in this article was Crichton. Why would they delist him and commit to taking him in the PSD? It just gets them back to exactly the same position they'd be in if they re-signed him. The only explanation would be if they saw him replacing McPhee but he isn't really a good comparison

I love the idea that our club has already spoken with his manager, worked out that we are not interested in him at the price he has specified and are now looking at other free agents.

Great work Bond.

HA! bond could start the negotiation process now and still not get it done.

The thing that stood out for me in this article was Crichton. Why would they delist him and commit to taking him in the PSD? It just gets them back to exactly the same position they'd be in if they re-signed him. The only explanation would be if they saw him replacing McPhee but he isn't really a good comparison
He does play as a running hbf, but I think his improvement has been slow. Anyway, he has been given a rocket, let's see what he does with it.

My thought is they always intended to Rookie list Crichton and PSD Lower, but hadn't finalised showing JA the door. So when they de-listed them they gave commitments to pick them up again.

McPhee caught everyone by surprise, they thought they had him committed to next year.

He does play as a running hbf, but I think his improvement has been slow. Anyway, he has been given a rocket, let's see what he does with it.

He's a midfielder, not a HB. Whenever he has played as anything other than a midfielder at AFL level, he's been average at best.

He dust doesn't seem able to take that next step. His effort/form at WAFL level has been as good as anyone on our list for the better part of 3 seasons now. Every time he gets an opportunity though...

Worth a lot more than that if people think Cloke is worth 1 million.

I’m glad we chased Cloke, if it only drove the price up that Collingwood needed to pay him. I think we were only ever an outside chance at getting him.
We will go after a player next year and I expect a few of our stars will get front loaded deals this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back