Autopsy Freo smash the Kangas - Never in doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably my favorite game day photo of the last couple of years:

030ab33b9ae1162a2fcfd079ee000103.jpg

Generated a really important goal for us then went back and kicked an even bigger one right after. Grey also possibly has the biggest heart in our team right now. Absolute tough nut. It's watching people like him when you play alongside someone that inspires you to lift.

Just updating my stats...

Of the current senior coaches, Lyon and C. Scott are definitely the 'go to' guys in a tight finish.

Games won by 1-9 points

Lyon 27-11 (5 draws)
C. Scott 21-11 (1 draw)
Worsfold 33-26 (2 draws)
Clarkson 25-21 (1 draw)
Buckley 10-9 (0 draws)
Hardwick 11-12 (2 draws)
Longmire 10-13 (2 draws)
Eade 22-36 (5 draws)
B. Scott 9-21. (0 draws).

Games won by 1-6 points

Lyon 13-7
C. Scott 15-10
Worsfold 23-20
Clarkson 19-14
Buckley 7-6
Hardwick 5-10
Longmire 8-9
Eade 16-22
B. Scott 4-15.

Games won by 1-3 points

Lyon 7-4
C. Scott 9-2
Worsfold 13-10
Clarkson 12-8
Buckley 4-4
Hardwick 2-5
Longmire 2-4
Eade 11-14
B. Scott 1-11.

this will be the weeks talking point for this game no doubt, King was harping about it after North's last game too

Brady Grey, Brady Grey, Brady Grey, Brad Grey I can't say enough about how impressive he was tonight. What he did tonight doesn't show on the stat sheets. That was one of the best performances I have seen in years for Fremantle live
His clean pick up before that run too was sublime!

Positives;

- Another largish (for us) comeback.

- Hamling played about as good as you can hope for from a key defender imo.

- Logue's first goal.

- Grey's game was best 22 worthy and his goal was very good under a huge amount of pressure.

- Weller is doing 90% of his job superbly, I even saw him leave his opponent for an intercept possession like a 'real defender' would. Needs to take three extra seconds to come to the correct decision when he has the time to do so.

- All four off season recruits have shown enough now that we can call them a success imo.

- 3 in a row. After 2 rounds I thought we'd be lucky to win 3 all year.

Negatives;

- Skills very, very poor all night.

- Crozier, Tucker, Sheridan and Logue
were quite poor imo. Need to rethink their positioning I reckon.

- Seems to me most of our A graders are down on form. Playing good but not great.

Good win :).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched my first live win on tv since Brisbane last year.

Still shaking.

Stephen Hill was enormous.
Fyfe and mundy were awesome.

I Can't really post anything analytic right now. My heart is still pumping.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMHO Freo a bit lucky to get that win BUT as a rebuilding club it is great to yet again watch the boys come from behind to run over the opposition. You can't buy that kind of culture building stuff.

The good parts are sensational at times - the bad parts are dreadful and sometimes squirmish.

Against West Coast Freo will get chopped up if they don't tidy up the skills.

I love the intensity and will to win the club is developing. If Freo can bring the manic pressure and tidy up the inside 50 entries and scoring we'll be a chance against the slime.

Stephen Hill will be a loss - unfortunate injury and hopefully he will only miss a few weeks. I hope they don't bring in Pearce for him. More youth I say..

I just wanted to pop over and congratulate you guys, not only on your win but your ability to turn it around since you played us. I thought you were horrendous against us and cooked as a team but you've turned it around big time. You dominated that game for long periods without reward and fought and scrapped extremely well to creep back in without conceeding. Well done. 3 brilliant wins in a row and you're now finals contenders for sure. Especially if you can start kicking straight! *** Looks at Griffin Logue***

Oh on another note though, that umpiring, far out. Your supporters were surprisingly good about, I didn't have any investment in the game but seeing the number of incorrect disposal HTB's they missed - that North Melbourne did was extrordinary. You guys definitely got the wrong end of the stick there tonight.
The thing is people on this board are crediting Ross for the change.
The players have revolted and this is the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back