Autopsy Freo smash the Kangas - Never in doubt!

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by Allikat, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Enter two competitions to win prizes!

The AFLMemes comp has 5 free Premium Platinum Memberships on offer.

The Prelim Tips comp gives you a chance to win the Official AFL card game, Footy Feud!

2. Previews:

And enter the Prelim tipping comp to win.

3. Video Games on BigFooty

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum ThreadMinecraft on BigFooty ServersAFL Evolution And MORE...
  1. Big Animal

Big Animal Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Cockburn Doctors
    Nov 29, 2011
    That's why I've been calling him Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Walshy1

Walshy1 Senior List

Fremantle
    Oct 4, 2016
    Depends on if Hill can get up. It would take a mighty effort from the lads.

jedi mind tricks likes this.
  3. BStaff17

BStaff17 Senior List

Fremantle
    Aug 1, 2016
    Sydney
    It was quite a weird game tbh north didnt really take the game on when they were dominated in that 2 qtr and 1st half of the 3rd. They were quite slow and like watching the old Freo in a way and kept the door ajar for us to come back in the last.

In saying that i thought our defence is starting to get back to its best considering north got 6 out of their 9 goals from free kicks. Were they justified or not who knows but no point worrying about it now the game is over.

We missed some easy set shots as well which didnt help but kept pushing and eventually got in front.

Ever since ross arrived we have a outstanding record in close games we have won a lot games in the last couple of minutes so that tells me we have the composure to hang on after hitting the front in the dying minutes when you compare it to north who cant win a close game if there lives depended on it.

The older players are still the main contributers atm but there are signs of improvement from young guys. Ethan Hughes was better again last night.

If weller can get the danyle pearce bombing it in the 50 to the opposition out of his game he could be considered for AA in a year or 2.

Anyway great to get win and should fuel more belief into the young guys.

FreoRicci and PapaJ like this.
  4. imperial_oz

imperial_oz Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Fremantle, Liverpool
    Oct 7, 2007
    Perth
    Have a look at the Norf player push Neale (I think) fair in the back to take him out of play. Nothing but crickets from the controlling umpire. If Kersten had missed the goal, whats the betting it would have been all fair, play on.

The Frees may have been even but the umpiring was solidly backing up norfs. It was a disgusting effort

mad4freo, ritz, marc81 and 4 others like this.
  5. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    I think Weller needs more support coming out of defence. He was great again last night but he had 8 clangers (2 were frees against) and almost all of his 7 inside 50s weren't targeted like we need them to be with our short forward line. It seems to be by design that we get the ball to him as often as possible coming out of defence but I just think the load is too great for one player and needs to be shared more. I don't get why Sheridan and Hughes aren't being used more on the rebound as they have shown in the past they can run the ball. I'm all for Spurr, Ibbo and Hamling being told to get the ball to a half back or mid quickly after an intercept but think we might be missing out on some of Lachie's class kicking through the massive workload we are lumping him with. We look strongest when we run down field as a wave of running defenders and mids imo. Although maybe it's just timing and we'll see more as the season progresses.

Van_Dyke likes this.
  6. Lach72

Lach72 Bam!

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
    Sep 30, 2005
    Perth
    Nice double handed push in the back on Neale...play on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgauci, DeanS and Freo Shark like this.
  7. Sweetback

Sweetback Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Dec 23, 2014
    Play Hamling on Kennedy and it's up for grabs.

FreoMonocle and jedi mind tricks like this.
  8. Lach72

Lach72 Bam!

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
    Sep 30, 2005
    Perth
    I must be watching different games.

Brad Hill and Weller burnt more balls than a vasectomy doctor.
    Johnson turned it over twice in a minute with no pressure.
    And the umpiring was beyond appalling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad4freo, ritz, yoong and 2 others like this.
  9. Sweetback

Sweetback Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Dec 23, 2014
    North had 71 tackles to our 59. That's probably one reason why our skills were so shit - pressure.

Scham likes this.
  10. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Jun 5, 2015
    I watch the last quarter reply , I agree tucker should be given more time in AFL same as logue. Spurr and ibbo is OK as currently there is no ideal replacement for them .

11. jedi mind tricks

jedi mind tricks Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Mar 13, 2011
    Dream State
    Yes good match up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. ozzie69

ozzie69 All Australian

Fremantle
    Jun 28, 2013
    If you thought the umpiring was disgusting last night, history says that was just the warm up for next week against the toasters. At least it gives us a taste of what to expect. In over twenty years we have never had fair umpiring in a derby.
    If Hamling farts within twenty metres of Kennedy it will be a free shot at goal. If Fyfe gets an elbow in the mouth and loses all his teeth, it will be called a great tackle and replayed thirty times.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

JonathanC, mike91, FreoRicci and 2 others like this.
  13. Confucius

Confucius Debutant

Fremantle
    Jan 7, 2016
    Not great. We haven't played a consistent 4 quarter effort in yet this year. 2 good quarters won't beat the eagles on their home deck.

14. Grape Bear

Grape Bear Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Sep 12, 2012
    Middle of Nowhere
    I thought I was the only one who saw that, shouldn't that have been a hands in the back free? I've seen so many not paid, I'm confused when it should be.

15. DeanS

DeanS All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Perth
    May 16, 2007
    North Perth
    Agreed. Plus Ross is known as a player's coach and he wants all the players to know they will not be cast aside coldly. He knows the pain they will feel and will support them. It is good for team morale. Stops those dropped from dropping their bundle.

He is a great manager of men is our Ross.

Grape Bear likes this.
  16. imperial_oz

imperial_oz Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Fremantle, Liverpool
    Oct 7, 2007
    Perth
    Absolutely clear hands in the back free but it doesn't seem to work if you have a purple shirt.

If that had been to a norfs player, the whistle couldn't have fast enough. That sort of missed free seems to happen to us with monotonous regularity but they never miss one against us. I've even seen some invented.

These double standards by the umpires are simply bullshit and I do not believe for one second that they are being missed by AFL House, so the question has to be why does it happen?

estibador likes this.
  17. FreoRicci

FreoRicci Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
    Sep 22, 2011
    Perth
    Love how he roamed forward, controlled the ball and finished the goal beautifully. He plays so much better in the middle. Something to consider.

E Shed likes this.
  18. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Sep 9, 2013
    Bundeena
    Melbourne, North and Dogs all have big pressure games. It will be interesting to see how we look over the next few weeks.

19. Tazmania

Tazmania Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Mar 27, 2007
    Back in WA
    ballantyne, Crowley, carr etc etc

build up a dirty reputation and it takes years to wash the stain away...the eagles are 'nice guys'. They do off season charity work in Cambodia!

20. sportsmaniac89

sportsmaniac89 Persona Non Grata

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Dandenong Rangers, Man United
    Jan 9, 2008
    The day after the night before and all I feel is relief.

We played well below expectations but did enough to get the win.

The umpiring was beyond disgusting. North had 7 goals from direct umpire interference compared to our 1-2.

I loved the fight from the likes of Brady Grey last night and he is fast becoming a vital best 22 player. Dare I say it, but he reminds me a little bit of Ballas with his pressure on the ball.

Our forward 50 entries last night were quite pathetic and really, half the night, I wasn't sure who we were kicking to.

The fact remains, we've won 3 in a row, coming from behind on each occasion and I am seriously concerned for my heart and life expectancy if games like this persist.

21. jedi mind tricks

jedi mind tricks Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Mar 13, 2011
    Dream State
    I agree

If we could put 4 quarters in Freo would easily match them

Confucius likes this.
  22. ROYISHUNGRY

ROYISHUNGRY Team Captain

Fremantle
    Mar 6, 2012
    Perth
    Anyone got an HD replay for the poor purple plebeian supporters like myself? :oops::(:(:oops::rainbow::footy::rainbow::rolleyes::):)

Snuffaluphagus likes this.
  23. Wally Walpamur

Wally Walpamur Premium Gold

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Chelsea, Boston Celtics
    Sep 23, 2016
    Palmyra
  24. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    Credit where it is due. Good on them helping out some locals whilst they re-stock from the golden triangle.

masai, Mezz, Square Peg and 1 other person like this.
  25. yoong

yoong Club Legend

Fremantle
    May 9, 2013
    3,919 km from Fremantle
    This.
    I wanted to say if we scrutinize the videos we'll see that the frees are there. But I'm not sure at all.
    The whistle is just that little bit easier, that little bit faster. And I'm frustrated by 2 incidents and i want to know what our boys did.

1. Mundy's off the ball. They reversed a shot at goal for an off the ball incident. That's literally changing the results of the game and the reasons need to be solid. It better not be some soft bump or push on the chest X-(

2. A bunch of players were having a scuffle at the boundary. I see a gut punch by a north on Neale (I think). And the free is given against Sheridan, and not sure what's it's for. The camera is on his back all the time and all I see if him trying to get a north player off Grey. Free kick into the 50 for north.

And speaking of Grey. Everyone is having a free shot at Grey. Not even a talking to.

I'm so glad we won this match. Or else it'll seem like we are just sore losers complaining about the umpiring. But it's just silly bad.

Unique Name likes this.