Freo supporter kicked out of end of match function.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A fremantle supporter who voiced his disgust aT Fremantles continued failure on the field, was removed from the function after attacking drum.

Apparently the guy was a member for 5 years and had reached breaking point.
Now Drum cannot and will not be held accountable for Fremantles poor performances.If you look at the players at the club that have arrived since his appointment, the problem does not lie with them.It is the Mc Manus,Bandy and a few others who still make basic errors in there delivery.
Statistically we nearly doubled inside 50, hence we should have won.But delivery was shocking and it was repelled time and time again.

But that said I and many others are at the wits ends, and who knows how much longer this can go on for.Im sick to death of having to stick up for my club, and its time that we tasted SOME on field success.

Good to see a supporter expressing his point of view! Maybe he picked the wrong venue but I don't think a venue exists for what he had to say.

Having said that, I am disappointed that Drummy cops the worst of it. If I was going to point the finger it would be at the club owners (WAFC) and a select few of the senior players who should be embarassed to collect their match payments.

While I'm here sabre_ac, have you been removing threads from the freo board?

[This message has been edited by RacerX (edited 17 April 2001).]

I posted a thread on why I thought the dockers would beat hawthorn, titled "hawks game". Just when I came to post my retraction after the game it had disappeared.

That guy probably shouldn't have had a go at Drum but who do you have a go at?? Some one has to start taking responsibility for it.

As you say there is no opertunity for members to vent their displeasure at the powers to be.

The time is going to come and I can see it being in the not to distant future that Fremantle people are going to start voting with their feet and the memberships numbers will head south.

Its great that someone voiced their opinion in an environment like that, maybe now they will realise its the members that pay for them to be where they are.

I've never been to a post match function before, maybe I'll have to go to the next one they have!

yeah we can't blame drummy for the boys on field performances but it isn't just the older blokes that are letting us down sometimes the younger players with their inexperience and sometimes it's just stupid things that any player could do
it is a team effort so the whole team should take responsibility for the loses and enjoy the wins together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back